What is correct dpi for gaming

220VoltsallCore

A lower dpi and a large mouse mat, using your whole arm to move in one fluid motion is more or less what the "pro gamers" do; if that's what you're asking.

Lower = better. Any professional E-Sport player will tell you that lowering your mouse sensitivity until you have no more space to move your mouse is the way to go.

Most players that I know of, are playing at 800-2000 dpi at 1-10% in game sensitivity.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

3 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Lower = better. Any professional E-Sport player will tell you that lowering your mouse sensitivity until you have no more space to move your mouse is the way to go.

Most players that I know of, are playing at 800-2000 dpi at 1-10% in game sensitivity.

I never knew about this.

I use mine by set on the mouse setting to its max DPI but set the windows mouse setting as lowest as I feel suitable for my purposes so it runs at its max DPI all the time but it's still tamed. The down side of this setting is when I'm getting it into BIOS, it become super-duper-hyper-turbo wild.

So now I'm at 3100 DPI with windows mouse setting as lowest as I feel comfortable for my purposes.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

It depends on a various factor such as the size of the mousepad,the type of the mousepad, the games, etc 

But it comes down to your own personal preference. 

I have 3 settings, 800dpi on desktop, 1200 in games and 600dpi for fps. 

I am using G240 mousepad that is quirte large with a smooth surface, it has a great balance between speed and control. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Speaking from experience, the absolute most important thing is consistency. That is of course if you are properly serious about being pro level.

So all your first person and third person games like CS, BF, CoD, OW, TF, etc all use the exact same sensitivity.

And all your 2D or desktop-like games such as Dota, WoW, LoL, etc and your windows desktop all use the exact same sensitivity.

My clan and I used www.mouse-sensitivity.com back in the day.

-アパゾ

Set it to what is comfortable on desktop and adjust in game sensitivity. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

wow peeps actually play at that low a setting? im surprised there reaction time doesnt suck lol anything under 9000 for me is like im in slow mode.but everyones different so use what your comfortable with

used to be an idiot and played on 400 dpi and adjusted the game sensitivity individual.

recently i started to use 800 in first person games with no adjustment in games.

However for rts games I use higher dpi since I upgraded from a 1080 to 3440x1440 monitor.

Personally, for Overwatch I believe my DPI is around 700, and the in game sense is about 7.00 I believe... I essentially picked seaguls both in game video settings, as well as his control settings for his mouse and slightly tweaked for my comfort. Currently using the Corsair MM300 mouse pad, but before I was using the Steelseries Large soft mat. 

I leave my DPI at 700 all the time for everything then adjust in game sense as needed to return to a comfort level. for example I think on Borderlands 2 on the slider for the in game sense, I have it on 1 because that game has some crazy sensitivity lol. My ESO mouse sense is also rather low as well.

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...