Rate this build. Would you change anything?

Vectraat
1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

This entire build at that price could be had from Memory Express, they charge a very reasonable price to build if you dont wanna do it yourself and even after taxes youre coming out ahead of the other place and might have enough left for your monitor upgrade. Or if you build yourself you can buy a windows key online and knock 140 bucks off that price and get an even better monitor

I've been to Memory Express before, not a bad shop. I've also been to Canada Computers. I'm aware of CC's reputation, but the spot I've been to--I've talked to the tech, cool dude and he did good work on an old PC of mine, so I may wanna buy from there. Building my own, nah. Don't have the time for that and I was put off from getting involved in building at a young age when the first 3 PC's I owned were DOA. Hmm Memory Express is still $429 more expensive than the prices from PCPartPicker. 

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Doesn't 1080p on a 27" look a bit weird? If you were going to make any adjustments to my list, what would you change? And should I just buy from Canada Computers/Memory Express? I wonder if they would price match those parts from PCPartPicker. 

1 hour ago, Vectraat said:

I've been to Memory Express before, not a bad shop. I've also been to Canada Computers. I'm aware of CC's reputation, but the spot I've been to--I've talked to the tech, cool dude and he did good work on an old PC of mine, so I may wanna buy from there. Building my own, nah. Don't have the time for that and I was put off from getting involved in building at a young age when the first 3 PC's I owned were DOA. Hmm Memory Express is still $429 more expensive than the prices from PCPartPicker. 

Yes they are, I was just using it as an example of getting everything from one shop, also they are pretty good about price matching stuff, so if you take in the pcpartpicker price they generally match it all after making sure there are no hidden shipping prices in the stuff you are asking them to match. Ive never dealt with Canada Computers so I cant comment, I was more just pointing out that you can get a FAR better build than you were being quoted

1 hour ago, Vectraat said:

Doesn't 1080p on a 27" look a bit weird? If you were going to make any adjustments to my list, what would you change? And should I just buy from Canada Computers/Memory Express? I wonder if they would price match those parts from PCPartPicker. 

My biggest changes I already made, I dropped in a 8700k and an EVGA card instead of a Zotac one. Realistically you have a good budget and decent list, all though as others said I personally would have went with the BeQuiet cooler instead of the one you selected, you add in you RGB strips, and have your RGB ram, im not sure the RGB cooler is a better way to go but whatever floats your boat lol. At the end of the day its your computer and you need to be happy with it. Also dont pay a dime extra for a white power supply, youll never see it in that case, I should know I owned the white case and had a black supply and it was completely hidden by the shroud.

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Yes they are, I was just using it as an example of getting everything from one shop, also they are pretty good about price matching stuff, so if you take in the pcpartpicker price they generally match it all after making sure there are no hidden shipping prices in the stuff you are asking them to match. Ive never dealt with Canada Computers so I cant comment, I was more just pointing out that you can get a FAR better build than you were being quoted

Yes, thank you for that. I really dunno why I didn't run the parts through PCPartPicker myself. I was never going to buy from that other shop anyway, I was just curious to see what he would recommend. Canada Computers is giving me a quote by tomorrow on 2 different prices ranges. 2K/2500. If ME price matches, I'm sure they will too, so I can just run the parts through PCPartPicker and ask them. 

2 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

My biggest changes I already made, I dropped in a 8700k and an EVGA card instead of a Zotac one. Realistically you have a good budget and decent list, all though as others said I personally would have went with the BeQuiet cooler instead of the one you selected, you add in you RGB strips, and have your RGB ram, im not sure the RGB cooler is a better way to go but whatever floats your boat lol. At the end of the day its your computer and you need to be happy with it. Also dont pay a dime extra for a white power supply, youll never see it in that case, I should know I owned the white case and had a black supply and it was completely hidden by the shroud.

Hahaha omg. Well, I was asking the guy if he could do white sleeves and his solution was to change the PSU to a white one. I know I won't see the PSU, but I'd see the cables. Which I guess kinda makes sense since the accents to that case are white. White fans/slots. Originally he had an EVGA PSU. I currently have the G2 in an older PC, I would not get the G3 because it apparently has issues. Yeah, I can scrap the RGB cooler. Seems like a piece of shit anyway. The cabling is way too messy and it doesn't offer as good of cooling as others in its price range from what I understand. 

Why would you buy a K CPU and a z motherboard if you're not planning to overclock?

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Why would you buy a K CPU and a z motherboard if you're not planning to overclock?

I didn't pick this shit, a computer shop did. I explicitly told the guy I did not want to OC, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think there's some kinda language barrier between us. Maybe he had another reason for picking that motherboard. I think you may need it to fully utilize the RGB cooler or some other piece of RGB, I have no idea.  

30 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Would you still recommend a cooler like the BeQuiet if not OC'ing? Stock fan isn't good enough? 

14 hours ago, Vectraat said:

I didn't pick this shit, a computer shop did. I explicitly told the guy I did not want to OC, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think there's some kinda language barrier between us. Maybe he had another reason for picking that motherboard. I think you may need it to fully utilize the RGB cooler or some other piece of RGB, I have no idea.  

Or maybe he was trying to sell you a more expensive chip and board despite you not needing it.

Anyway get this for your cpu cooler

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/dmXnTW/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-acfre00060a

and this for your monitor.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/tpvbt6/aoc-g2590fx-245-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-g2590fx

It's a TN panel so you can't tilt it back and forth too far or to the side too much but works for me as long as you aren't planning on slouching like crazy in your chair.

14 hours ago, Vectraat said:

Would you still recommend a cooler like the BeQuiet if not OC'ing? Stock fan isn't good enough? 

Intel stock fan? I may be wrong but I don't think they even provide one for that one. As far as I know K-series chips don't even come with a stock fan since they assume you'll be overclocking and buying a better cooler anyway.

1 minute ago, celerystruct said:

Or maybe he was trying to sell you a more expensive chip and board despite you not needing it.

Anyway get this for your cpu cooler

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/dmXnTW/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-acfre00060a

and this for your monitor.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/tpvbt6/aoc-g2590fx-245-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-g2590fx

It's a TN panel so you can't tilt it back and forth too far or to the side too much but works for me as long as you aren't planning on slouching like crazy in your chair.

Well, if I'm not overclocking, do I need a CPU cooler? Stock isn't fine? Don't CPU's these days have 2 clock speeds and auto-oc?

1 minute ago, celerystruct said:

Intel stock fan? I may be wrong but I don't think they even provide one for that one. As far as I know K-series chips don't even come with a stock fan since they assume you'll be overclocking and buying a better cooler anyway.

I'm not gonna get a K-series chip anymore, nor an OC'able mobo. The sales agent dicked me around tryin' to sell me shit I didn't ask for. So I'm gonna re-do this post with a modified PCPartPicker list and get feedback before I buy today or tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Vectraat said:

I'm not gonna get a K-series chip anymore, nor an OC'able mobo. The sales agent dicked me around tryin' to sell me shit I didn't ask for. So I'm gonna re-do this post with a modified PCPartPicker list and get feedback before I buy today or tomorrow. 

Get AMD, it's better value and it comes with a good stock fan that's perfectly acceptable if you aren't going to overclock.

Sounds like you aren't even going to game in 4k so I don't see a reason not to. Not that Ryzen couldn't do 4k.