extremely laggy chrome after 1903 update

Jstagzsr
Go to solution Solved by fumikasagisawa,

After some intensive research, the root cause is found to be a new feature(bug) introduced in 1903 called CFG. https://winbuzzer.com/2019/05/01/windows-10-control-flow-guard-causes-chromium-performance-issues-xcxwbn/

There is no solution to it yet.

Btw Firefox also provides cross platform capabilities.

i manually updated to 1903 today and immediately noticed that when im on chrome, specifically and worst while on facebook, it is EXTREMELY laggy.. it takes a good 2 or 3 seconds for the pointer to even turn into the hand when i hover over a link, switching between messages and home, etc takes 5,6,8 seconds.. This is coming from a pc that was almost instant to do anything online a few hours ago.. wtf is going on?? anyone experience this?

i have cleared all caches and cleared data and cmd reset winsock and flushed dns and disabled all extensions and restarted and shut down and restart... im out of options.. and yes ive allowed enough time to rebuild caches and stuff..

im at a loss. it is unusably slow right now.

asus z97 deluxe mobo
i7 4790k 4.8ghz
32gb ddr3 3000 mhz
rx580 bgb
100mbps broadband cable modem internet

I used Chrome because come extension I used don't work in FireFox. It's slow a times. 

I am waiting for Microsoft new browser, and will see . 

4 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Try Firefox and see if the problem persist

it runs perfectly fine on firefox

2 minutes ago, Zmax said:

I used Chrome because come extension I used don't work in FireFox. It's slow a times. 

I am waiting for Microsoft new browser, and will see . 

i use chrome because of the cross platform compatibility. which i NEED.

1 minute ago, Zmax said:

That is what i tough, would happen. ?

any ideas?

a million people have experienced this from what i can tell and they all give ways to fix it that dont fix it

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, fumikasagisawa said:

After some intensive research, the root cause is found to be a new feature(bug) introduced in 1903 called CFG. https://winbuzzer.com/2019/05/01/windows-10-control-flow-guard-causes-chromium-performance-issues-xcxwbn/

There is no solution to it yet.

Btw Firefox also provides cross platform capabilities.

ok.. so there IISS a real reason.. i thought i was just going crazy cuz nobody else seemed to have noticed the issue..

and yeah i downloaded firefox on all 4 of my computers and my phone. i absolutely love how you can send open tabs between devices and sync everything together. i definitely miss chrome but firefox is no slouch in terms of performance and customization optrions.