2990wx Hackintosh

P.Cupa

Build:

CPU: 2990wx (waterchiller)

GPU: RTX 2080 2x NVlink, Quadro P4000 

MOBO: x399 aorus pro (will be switching to megs creation later)

NVMe: 2x 970 Samsung PRO 512Gb 

RAM: 32Gb vengeance 2666MHz, Clocked to 2993 

Question:

Is it possible to get mac os on this configuration? The usage for the PC is Sketchup Design and Vray Rendering (primarly). Id switch to linux but cant get vray for it and problems with sketchup. I can get those programs for mac. Im really tired of windows and if there is any possibility of doing this ill try it out. Thanks for suggestions

2000 series GPUs are not supported on macOS and the rumour is they never will be.

I'm actually not sure about the Quadro.

Head to www.tonymacx86.com and ask them, they're way more knowledgeable about it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

if the quadro works ill switch to 3x p4000

2 minutes ago, P.Cupa said:

if the quadro works ill switch to 3x p4000

P4000 will work but not easily, there's a bug that prevents them from showing a boot screen which means you cannot boot with them and therefore cannot install with them.

You need another card to install the OS, boot once and install the Nvidia webdriver package then you can connect the Quadro.

Unfortunately macOS also doesn't support SLI either.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have an old 1060 card. I just dont want to use w10 anymore im so tired of it.

Modern nvidia card in a hackintosh build is just asking for problems.

Also, no idea if this is something for you, but have you considerd customizing the sh*t out of W10?

I personally don't like W10 either but i'm at a point where i changed it quite a lot and it just doesn't feel like W10 anymore. The best way i can describe mine is an updated windows 7, but done properly :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I was upgrading today to the new w10 update because the they added optimazations to the threadrippers series but it is shit... i have to run core prio just fix the core switching everytime.

I did run a powershell code to turn of bunch w10 bullshit and switch to some w7 stuff also (default apps,...) but thats it

It takes around 1.5 years for nvidia to release pascal driver for macos.

I don't think they will release any for RTX cards, the userbase is too small.

But if nvidia decided to support the new mac pro. then there's a glimps of hope.

9 minutes ago, P.Cupa said:

This will do.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Also if you are going to be using this for work I would advise you that you are technically breaking TOS when you do it.

Your CPU and GPU make the traditional Hackintosh route untenable, as both are incompatible with OSX. There are no workarounds I'm aware of for AMD chips and RTX cards. 

However, if you want to open a giant can of worms you could try the virtual machine method. But worth noting that this method is quite challenging, and will require a significant time investment. Linus and Anthony have a video on this here: 

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, JustAnOldHackintosh said:

Your CPU and GPU make the traditional Hackintosh route untenable, as both are incompatible with OSX. There are no workarounds I'm aware of for AMD chips and RTX cards. 

However, if you want to open a giant can of worms you could try the virtual machine method. But worth noting that this method is quite challenging, and will require a significant time investment. Linus and Anthony have a video on this here: 

Good luck. 

Hackintosh works perfectly with AMD CPUs going back as far as FX. It requires a bit more work to install as it requires a custom kernel but once it's running it works just like any other hackintosh would.

I'm running 10.14 Mojave on my Ryzen right now.

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Hackintosh works perfectly with AMD CPUs going back as far as FX. It requires a bit more work to install as it requires a custom kernel but once it's running it works just like any other hackintosh would.

I'm running 10.14 Mojave on my Ryzen right now.

Well I'll be damned, all my years on the tonymac forums I've never heard of AMD chips working in OSX. What patch are you using (assuming OG poster would need to know)?

5 hours ago, JustAnOldHackintosh said:

Well I'll be damned, all my years on the tonymac forums I've never heard of AMD chips working in OSX. What patch are you using (assuming OG poster would need to know)?

Up to High Sierra it required a custom kernel, the process went like this...

Create boot drive, copy custom kernel to boot drive, boot from boot drive, partition hard drive, install, reboot back to install, use terminal to copy custom kernel to hard drive, reboot and boot from hard drive, install boot loader.

However since Mojave the team behind the kernel have worked out how to boot using nothing put some patches in the config.plist file which means everything including updating works natively.

Unfortunately Mojave carries its own set of problems because it doesn't support 32 bit applications.

See www.amd-osx.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, P.Cupa said:

No Pascal and later support for macOS Mojave. High Sierra is the end of the line for anything newer than Maxwell.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 6/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, NelizMastr said:

No Pascal and later support for macOS Mojave. High Sierra is the end of the line for anything newer than Maxwell.

Maxwell isn't supported either... (at least, my 960 doesn't work) Kepler is the latest supported generation in Mojave (They had a official GTX680 for mac).

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

16 hours ago, simson0606 said:

Maxwell isn't supported either... (at least, my 960 doesn't work) Kepler is the latest supported generation in Mojave (They had a official GTX680 for mac).

Yep, that's true. Gotta go AMD. The Radeon VII works flawlessly on 10.14.5.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

NVIDIA has the drivers with RTX support ready but they can't release them because Apple doesn't want to sign them with a certificate. Intel + AMD is best choice right now.

6 hours ago, EuroTy said:

NVIDIA has the drivers with RTX support ready but they can't release them because Apple doesn't want to sign them with a certificate.

[Citation Required]

Fun fact, macOS doesn't support DirectX or Vulkan so how exactly is Ray Tracing "ready"?

15 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

[Citation Required]

Fun fact, macOS doesn't support DirectX or Vulkan so how exactly is Ray Tracing "ready"?

My fault. Sorry. I wanna say that they RTX card support ready