so there's just no wan show today?

heIly

not on youtube or floatplane?

no mention of it on anyones social media?

5 minutes ago, heIly said:

why is it unlisted

Probably so it could process and not just be 360p or something like that. Looks like it's done so they'll probably list it soon.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, heIly said:

why is it unlisted

Linus mentioned this either last week or the week before, they've been having issues with live streams taking A VERY LONG TIME to encode after the stream ends. Iirc he said it took one WAN Show a week to encode.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

You can find the public copy of this weeks WAN Show here:

Last few weeks the live streamed video has not processed correctly on YouTube's end and resulted in some playback issues with the video and they had to wait for YouTube to resolve it which took several days to a week. To avoid these issues LTT is leaving the live streamed WAN Show as unlisted and is uploading a separate local recorded copy to YouTube, which means that it may be delayed by a few hours but should at least eliminate the issues YouTube was having with the live streamed copy.

If you don't want to wait for the YouTube copy to be uploaded and processed then head over to twitch.tv/linustech and you can watch the vod straight away (Twitch.tv hasn't had the issues that YouTube has had)

Linus talks about it here (timestamped; 33min mark)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

You can find the public copy of this weeks WAN Show here:

Last few weeks the live streamed video has not processed correctly on YouTube's end and resulted in some playback issues with the video and they had to wait for YouTube to resolve it which took several days to a week. To avoid these issues LTT is leaving the live streamed WAN Show as unlisted and is uploading a separate local recorded copy to YouTube, which means that it may be delayed by a few hours but should at least eliminate the issues YouTube was having with the live streamed copy.

If you don't want to wait for the YouTube copy to be uploaded and processed then head over to twitch.tv/linustech and you can watch the vod straight away (Twitch.tv hasn't had the issues that YouTube has had)

Linus talks about it here (timestamped; 33min mark)

That was it, I remember him talking about it but didn't remember the details.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I caught it while it was still live, so I need to watch it from the beginning.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3