A Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct Question

Geekazoid

Okay, how much profanity can be used by any one member before he/she breaks the forums' CoC?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Planning something big?

Nope, I'm a Christian and wouldn't plan a big ole profanity-laden post. I was just curious is all.

If it is not offensive to anyone, then you can say whatever you want.

Apparently not, since one of my posts named 'shitty builds thread' was renamed to 'not-so-good builds thread'

Apparently not, since one of my posts named 'shitty builds thread' was renamed to 'not-so-good builds thread'

Okay, so there appears to be a limit somewhere.

I think one of the mods (I forgot which one) said that they accept normal profanity, as long as it is not to much. Racial slures and other offensive language is probably out of the question.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I think one of the mods (I forgot which one) said that they accept normal profanity, as long as it is not to much. Racial slures and other offensive language is probably out of the question.

Hmm...I see.

Hmm...I see.

It's probably also very context depending. if somebody were to show off the best build I have ever seen (or some other extraordinary thing), I would reserve the right to use a swear word as a verbal exclamation point and as a way to show how fantasic whatever they did, was.

If I were then to use the same word to criticize someone, that would probably be unacceptable, since that will be unconstructive. By now I'm just guessing what is acceptable and what is not. I think they should look at that point in CoC, if they ever choose to rewrite it. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

its simple you can say what you like, how you like. Just DONT BE A DICK.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

More then likely why that got changed is because you made it the thread header, so everyone on the forum could see it, which would be offensive and not very professional of LTT if new comers joined the site and that was the first thing they were greeted with. If you would have put it in your OP instead of the header, then the only people that would have seen it were the people that wanted to read your thread. Which in return is common courtesy to all of LTT.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "