SSD is incredibly underperforming

Papa Bless
Go to solution Solved by Biggerboot,
2 hours ago, Papa Bless said:

I checked and the port it is currently in is sata 6gb and im also using a 6gb cable 

And cdi says sata/300?  What's your motherboard?

I recently benchmark ed my pc and I was told that my SSD is underperforming like at the super low 4% range or some shit like that. So I've been searching everywhere for answers and you wouldn't believe me when I say that I think I've tried everything and nothing has worked someone please help a brother out. 

My SSD is also getting like half of its actual performance it's getting 245gbs  average when it's suppose to be getting 450gbs to 500gbs. The SSD is the Kingston A400

Take this topic as an example!
Show how much effort you put in, and others will do the same.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I have like the iq of a mole rat how am I suppose to do that

5 minutes ago, Papa Bless said:

I have like the iq of a mole rat how am I suppose to do that

you say you have tried everything? give us some information, Current speeds, give us a screen shot of the benchmarks, list what you have tried etc. and i doubt it is getting 256gb/s

Even without knowing the technical aspects a review usually sheds some light so you know what you probably should be getting.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/reviewing-kingston-a400-ssd

The A400 uses TLC.  It gets the write speeds you describe.  The speeds they advertise are usually best case scenarios.

6 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Eh, all he should take away is to google what's he's buying.  "A400 review" will tell you it doesn't get those speeds.  But it also costs half of a samsung evo so it's a fine value.

I only get about 230gbs maximum when your suppose to be getting about 320gbs to 450gbs maximum. It also said that I wasn't using a sata 3 cable and a sata 3 port even though I'm using both of them. Yes the SSD is pretty shit but mine is still underperforming compared to others

1 minute ago, Papa Bless said:

I only get about 230gbs maximum when your suppose to be getting about 320gbs to 450gbs maximum. It also said that I wasn't using a sata 3 cable and a sata 3 port even though I'm using both of them. Yes the SSD is pretty shit but mine is still underperforming compared to others

And I can not give screenshots right now because I'm not currently home at my computer but I can assure you I'm getting 236gbs 

let me see, official speed specs for the drive are:

• 120GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 320MB/s Write
  • 240GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 350MB/s Write
  • 480GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write
  • 960GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write

your fastest port for SATA would be a possible 6gbps. 

Therefore I really can't be bothered stay and help someone who is full of crap...

but i'm going to follow for the lols.

24 minutes ago, Papa Bless said:

I wanted to set your expectations because you originally said:

245gbs  average when it's suppose to be getting 450gbs to 500gbs

I wouldn't expect it to make a ton of difference in your overall experience but let me know your full specs anyway when you have the chance - motherboard most importantly and screenshots of your cdi/cdm too if you can.

12 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

let me see, official speed specs for the drive are:

• 120GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 320MB/s Write
  • 240GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 350MB/s Write
  • 480GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write
  • 960GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write

Therefore I really can't be bothered stay and help someone who is full of crap...

How am I full of crap I'm just trying to find out if there is a problem with my system no need to be a dick lmao. 

9 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

I wanted to set your expectations because you originally said:

I wouldn't expect it to make a ton of difference in your overall experience but let me know your full specs anyway when you have the chance - motherboard most importantly and screenshots of your cdi/cdm too if you can.

Alg man I'll get to you later about it 

2 minutes ago, Papa Bless said:

How am I full of crap I'm just trying to find out if there is a problem with my system no need to be a dick lmao. 

well your drive will never run at the speeds you quoted

7 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

*sigh* it's fine for the price.

17 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

Sata 2 caps at 300mb/s.  It could make a different in sequential reads/writes but I don't think it makes a difference in normal use.  I don't know what he's using to measure his drive though.

Just now, Biggerboot said:

*sigh* it's fine for the price.

Sata 2 caps at 300mb/s.  It could make a different in sequential reads/writes but I don't think it makes a difference in normal use.  I don't know what he's using to measure his drive though.

I was using HD tune and also using userpcbenchmark. Im already using sata 6gb cable and sata 6gb port, my rating is like really low in the reds and it said I possibly wasn't using the right cable and port so I checked and I was using the right ports. I also updated all the firmware on my SSD and bios and still nothing has changed. Anyway I'm heading off to bed I'll update you guys tmr with pictures and my test results 

12 minutes ago, Papa Bless said:

I was using HD tune and also using userpcbenchmark. Im already using sata 6gb cable and sata 6gb port, my rating is like really low in the reds and it said I possibly wasn't using the right cable and port so I checked and I was using the right ports. I also updated all the firmware on my SSD and bios and still nothing has changed. Anyway I'm heading off to bed I'll update you guys tmr with pictures and my test results 

Use Crystal Disk Info

image.png.588b2c9a5cc67248bb88dbbd50293781.png

If it says sata/300, check your board manual and make sure the port you have it in is sata3.

5 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

Use Crystal Disk Info

image.png.588b2c9a5cc67248bb88dbbd50293781.png

If it says sata/300, check your board manual and make sure the port you have it in is sata3.

I checked and the port it is currently in is sata 6gb and im also using a 6gb cable 

18 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

And cdi says sata/300?  What's your motherboard?

I'm using h370m plus

10 hours ago, Papa Bless said:

I'm using h370m plus

Can't help any further till you confirm you used Crystal Mark/Crystal Info.  Prefer you post screenshots. 

I think the other benchmarks are giving you generic advice.  I'm betting it probably has nothing to do with the sata side of things.  

Which size is your drive? (the smaller drives may be specced lower in terms of cache, etc)

7 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Can't help any further till you confirm you used Crystal Mark/Crystal Info.  Prefer you post screenshots. 

I think the other benchmarks are giving you generic advice.  I'm betting it probably has nothing to do with the sata side of things.  

Which size is your drive? (the smaller drives may be specced lower in terms of cache, etc)

x2, we need screens to give further advice. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)