Any one got any better and quietter recommendations for a beast like this?

EmoChipmonk

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LZ3SFB3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

EVGA SuperNPVA 1000 G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W

Looking for similarly priced beasts like this that are as or even more quiet.

Also on the dl where can i get some custom sleved power supply cables for this one or others?

For context im sourcing parts till i get down to the big 3 as i am waiting till Nvidia, amd and intel release  both new platforms.

Why do you need a 1000W power supply?

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, emosun said:

what are you powering that needs 1000w

Just now, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Why do you need a 1000W power supply?

Quietness. Flexibility. Over-excursiveness. Among other things. My plan is for something quite packed. 

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

Quietness. Flexibility. Over-excursiveness. Among other things. My plan is for something quite packed. 

and yes i know its bloody crazy but just go with it.

I wish I could be as balling as you. Oh well.

Corsair HX1000i has a 0db fan mode until reaching a certain voltage. Does the supernova have a similar feature? 

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Corsair HX1000i has a 0db fan mode until reaching a certain voltage. Does the supernova have a similar feature? 

you say ballin but the builds planed to finish by this point next year at the latest ( guessing for the next intel platform and hoipefully a new geforce line)

7 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

ok so "no i dont know why" would be the answer then

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

you say ballin but the builds planed to finish by this point next year at the latest ( guessing for the next intel platform and hoipefully a new geforce line)

Nono, I don't mean ballin' in a bad way. Just in the envious way. I wish I cared as much about my pc.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, emosun said:

ok so "no i dont know why" would be the answer then

i do know why and  those are my answers

Nono, I don't mean ballin' in a bad way. Just in the envious way. I wish I cared as much about my pc.

Stands up "HI MY NAME IS EMOCHIPMONK AND IM AN ADDICT!"

11 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

My pc is quite old now and needs  to be retired. It struggles.

20 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

This is tempting but damn is it expensive.

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Corsair's RMx range also has that feature IIRC. 

1000W is ridiculously overkill anyway if you're not running something like a heavily OC-ed Threadripper and a power hungry  graphics card

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Just now, BigRom said:

Corsair's RMx range also has that feature IIRC

1000W is ridiculously overkill anyway if you're not running something like a heavily OC-ed Threadripper and a power hungry  graphics card

That is exactly the plan. Hopefully. Among other things.

8 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

That is exactly the plan. Hopefully. Among other things.

No need for 1000 watts unless you're mining. To get 1000 watts you'd need two heavily overclocked Vega 64's, which aren't very useful in gaming except for a handful of titles most people don't play, and also will almost be irrelevant this time next year with AMD's new GPU's and prices could drop on RTX line or they could refresh them, and they are pretty efficient. 

I say the Vega 64's will be irrelevant because you plan on buying a 1000 watt PSU. I assume you'd spend $400-500 for a new GPU that would be faster and more power efficient than a used Vega.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

45 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

and yes i know its bloody crazy but just go with it.

Check out this.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

Just now, fluxdeity said:

No need for 1000 watts unless you're mining. To get 1000 watts you'd need two heavily overclocked Vega 64's, which aren't very useful in gaming except for a handful of titles most people don't play, and also will almost be irrelevant this time next year with AMD's new GPU's and prices could drop on RTX line or they could refresh them, and they are pretty efficient. 

I say the Vega 64's will be irrelevant because you plan on buying a 1000 watt PSU. I assume you'd spend $400-500 for a new GPU that would be faster and more power efficient than a used Vega.

OK i am FULLY aware its excessive. The one reason is bragging rights ( me and a friend are super competitive). As for a GPU the end goal is the next 80TI Geforce card thats a new card and not a refresh.

Just now, fluxdeity said:

Check out this.

JESUS that thing would out shine the sun. (my build will be very black and a little blue) (also not available for any reasonable price on canadian amazon unfortunatly)

6 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

JESUS that thing would out shine the sun. (my build will be very black and a little blue) (also not available for any reasonable price on canadian amazon unfortunatly)

This is the one you need then. You can easily get custom sleeved cables for the RMx series.

1 hour ago, EmoChipmonk said:

The one reason is bragging rights ( me and a friend are super competitive)

Then let him blow his cash on a completely unnecessary overkill PSU, you just get a 750W RMx and save more money for a better GPU/other parts and then laugh at him when you get better gaming performance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

2 hours ago, EmoChipmonk said:

1 hour ago, EmoChipmonk said:

not available for any reasonable price

Since you're clearly unwilling to pay for a high end PSU, why even bother asking for a 1000W one? If you have the kind of hardware that needs 1000W, a $200-400 PSU should be no problem at all. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

Since you're clearly unwilling to pay for a high end PSU, why even bother asking for a 1000W one? If you have the kind of hardware that needs 1000W, a $200-400 PSU should be no problem at all. 

i didnt say i was un willing. i am deff considering it. just was such a big price jump.

11 minutes ago, BigRom said:

Then let him blow his cash on a completely unnecessary overkill PSU, you just get a 750W RMx and save more money for a better GPU/other parts and then laugh at him when you get better gaming performance.

im sourcing parts for over the next year so i have plenty of time to blow tons of cash on overkill shit. but the end goal is to have high end every thing (except mabey memort depending on the cooling solution i decide on. But i will fill all slots for ram and yes i know thats overkill.)

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Also that psu in cad was like 483 which is excessive for somthing just 750. Not counting taxes. Im willing to pay 300 cad for the 1200W (on sale atm) plus taxes over that.