GTX 1070ti or RTX 2060?

I am thinking about upgrading and Im not sure what to get. 

On one side I know that the Gtx 1070 will be used more in time because of more memory. Oncthe other hand the 2060 has the new architecture.

What would you guys recommend? 

If I buy any model it will be from Gigabyte

I would get the RTX 2060 unless you are getting a great deal on the GTX 1070. The 2060 is less expensive and better performing. It's possible that the extra memory of the 1070 may give it an edge in the future, but it may not, and first it has to catch up with the 2060 before it can beat it.

https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu-benchmark-graphics-card-comparison-chart

Have a look at the MSI Gaming Z RTX 2060 too. It got very nice reviews.

What do you mean its better performing? 

You mean in benchmarks? 

54 minutes ago, DG Result said:

What do you mean its better performing? 

You mean in benchmarks? 

Yes, in benchmarks. They are very close in gaming, closer than I remembered. I'm changing my answer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia2zX0VaorY

At an equal price, I would lean towards the 1070, but I wouldn't pay more than about 10% extra for it.

Addendum: I noticed in your title you have 1070ti, but in your opening paragraph, you have 1070. Of course, the 1070ti is significantly more expensive.

I am talking about the 1070Ti

I see it has more memory and a bigger bus so Im not sure what to buy

57 minutes ago, DG Result said:

I am talking about the 1070Ti

I see it has more memory and a bigger bus so Im not sure what to buy

Well the cards are about equal in performance. The Gigabyte OC 2060 is $355 and the Gigabyte GV-N107TGAMING-8GD 1070ti is $670.

Yes they are but what about futureproffing

7 hours ago, DG Result said:

I am thinking about upgrading and Im not sure what to get. 

On one side I know that the Gtx 1070 will be used more in time because of more memory. Oncthe other hand the 2060 has the new architecture.

What would you guys recommend? 

If I buy any model it will be from Gigabyte

If they are about the same price or let's say 40 or 50$ i'd get the 2060 personally...both are very similar in terms of performance but the 2060 has RTX and will receive further game optimization especially if you tend to play newer titles.

I would only recommend the 8GB 1070ti if you're doing most of your gaming in VR where nvidia optimization and gaming tech is less common and driver optimization is almost non existent/needed and also i don't see any game able to run in VR with ray tracing anytime soon and when you supersample the extra VRAM will come in handy....

other than that, 2060 is a better GPU.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-Ti-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB/3943vs4034

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, DG Result said:

Yes they are but what about futureproffing

I think by the time they're performing substantially different and 1070 Ti is well ahead, you'll want a new graphics card anyways as neither will be a particularly great experience anymore.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

I'd guess a 2060 is your best pick. Since this video, it got new driver support, and I'm certain, that Pascal cards will have poorer support in the upcoming years. And a 2060 literally costs around the same as a 1660ti, so there is no reason to choose another card around this price class.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Guess you guys are right after all. 

I will go for the 2060from gygabite and settle down for a at least 2 years

5 hours ago, DG Result said:

Guess you guys are right after all. 

I will go for the 2060from gygabite and settle down for a at least 2 years

If you have known a 70 a 60 will never be good enough anymore ;)

1 hour ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

If you have known a 70 a 60 will never be good enough anymore ;)

Yeah but it has the new architecture and beter driver support in the future, so I might go with it. 

I still have sime time before I buy the new graphics card and I might even sell my old GtX1060 to get some more money for a 2070. 

10 minutes ago, DG Result said:

Yeah but it has the new architecture and beter driver support in the future, so I might go with it. 

I still have sime time before I buy the new graphics card and I might even sell my old GtX1060 to get some more money for a 2070. 

2070's are pretty cheap atm, couple of months back i aimed for the gigabyte auros at almost 700 euro's but since then it dropped almost 70 euro's in price...

Can't imagine them to drop further but only future will tell

on userbenchmarks a 2060 and a 2070 effective speed is 18% difference and average bench is at 21 % in favour of the 2070
the 1060 3gb compares to the 2060 as                               64%                                                         62 % in favour of the 2060

the 1060 3gb compares to the 2070 as                               95 %                                                        96 % in favour of the 2070

atm i'm aiming for a navi.. that should fit better with the r5 2600

4 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

2070's are pretty cheap atm, couple of months back i aimed for the gigabyte auros at almost 700 euro's but since then it dropped almost 70 euro's in price...

Can't imagine them to drop further but only future will tell

on userbenchmarks a 2060 and a 2070 effective speed is 18% difference and average bench is at 21 % in favour of the 2070
the 1060 3gb compares to the 2060 as                               64%                                                         62 % in favour of the 2060

the 1060 3gb compares to the 2070 as                               95 %                                                        96 % in favour of the 2070

atm i'm aiming for a navi.. that should fit better with the r5 2600

What is navi ?

Performance of the RTX 2060 is better than the 1070 in terms of benchmarking plus it's cheaper. There's also the fact that it's a newer generation as the 1070's are last generation, I'm surprised you can still even buy them brand new. There's obviously less memory but that doesn't really affect it too much

I just bought the 2060 myself after considering either the 1080 or 1070.

8 hours ago, Ham39 said:

Performance of the RTX 2060 is better than the 1070 in terms of benchmarking plus it's cheaper. There's also the fact that it's a newer generation as the 1070's are last generation, I'm surprised you can still even buy them brand new. There's obviously less memory but that doesn't really affect it too much

I just bought the 2060 myself after considering either the 1080 or 1070.

Do you think they will make Ti versions of the 2070?

4 minutes ago, DG Result said:

Do you think they will make Ti versions of the 2070?

probably not since they've passed the 2070 and have released the 2080 and it seems that they have only created a Ti version for the 2080. Don't hold me to that though, I could be wrong