Steam sales

BFGmaster

Am I the only on that buys a game then a day later it goes on sale? Or a game that I want goes on sale when I dont have the money?

If you played the game less than three two hours and it goes on sale shortly after (less than 14 days) you can just refund the game and rebuy it at the discounted price.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

If you played the game less than 3 hours and it goes on sale shortly after (less than 14 days) you can just refund the game and rebuy it at the discounted price.

Why Didnt i know that

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

If you played the game less than 3 hours and it goes on sale shortly after (less than 14 days) you can just refund the game and rebuy it at the discounted price.

It's 2 hours max. Unless the game i tried to refund had a special rule.

Steam Sales are dead

Since Valve has the ideal user base, Sales are more of events than the norm (like they were years ago)

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

28 minutes ago, BFGmaster said:

Am I the only on that buys a game then a day later it goes on sale?

You're the only one.

29 minutes ago, BFGmaster said:

Or a game that I want goes on sale when I dont have the money?

Seek income.

31 minutes ago, BFGmaster said:

Am I the only on that buys a game then a day later it goes on sale?

I refunded 2 games because of this in past years, not in succession though.

refund.PNG.a84bbcd2eafdd59e284a11c012cb7ecb.PNG

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I wishlist games i want to play and get a notification when they are at a sale.... Most of the time games i want i usually buy full price .... I mean most of the times those games are multimillion dollar projects so yea... it does feel weird when you buy a game when it goes for sale the next day but no i won't go as far as feel bad all the time

6 hours ago, BFGmaster said:

Why Didnt i know that

Because you're not very observant? You seem to not notice sale dates that are typically posted well in advance.

4 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Because you're not very observant? You seem to not notice sale dates that are typically posted well in advance.

Where can I find this? I've been using Steam since 2004 and never once seen a sales date posted in advanced except for their annual summer/winter sales.

-KuJoe

6 hours ago, BFGmaster said:

Or a game that I want goes on sale when I dont have the money?

6 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Seek income.

But aren't I entitled to play every game that ever was, or ever will be, released free of charge?

Not so much these days.  Backlog is too big now so I rarely get games full price.  There's maybe 2 games I have my eye on but will wait for a further price drop.  I have more than enough games to keep me occupied until then.

24 minutes ago, JB780 said:

But aren't I entitled to play every game that ever was, or ever will be, released free of charge?

Of course. What's that got to do with this though?

On 5/31/2019 at 9:49 AM, BFGmaster said:

Am I the only on that buys a game then a day later it goes on sale? Or a game that I want goes on sale when I dont have the money?

Nope lol, I bought the witcher 3 when it came out without the season pass, then like a year ago I bought the GOTY edition for 30 dollars, a day later it dropped to 6 dollars