Microsoft: Xbox PC Pass coming, PC should be open platform, Xbox PC games will also launch on Steam, AoE2 remaster announced

Delicieuxz
5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I agree on the Halo 2 front. The PC Edition was literally a straight port, with no modifications to the UI really. It even prompted you with Xbox controller buttons instead of whatever key was mapped, etc.

As for Halo 1, I owned that on PC too, and I don't remember any problems at all with that port. I don't recall any graphical issues. That might be a Windows 10 thing though (It was designed for XP).

When you're able to compare Halo 1 on the Xbox to directly on the PC you'll understand. An easy problem to see is the broken lighting and bump mapping. Bump mapping only shows if there is a dynamic light on PC. And fog is also another broken effect. The game actually looks a lot better on the OG Xbox.

Edit: I'll take some pictures later this morning. Got my Xbox under my desktop's screen. All remasters have the same issues BTW. Since they were done off Gearbox's port (I'll also take a photo of Captain Keyes, Gearbox seems to have ported from an older pre-release version of Halo)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

26 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I think the developers mention in the video I posted above that 4k support is in, even though they aren't playing the game at 4k in the video.

Here's one timestamp where 4k HDR is mentioned, but I recall another mention of it somewhere.

-snip

It's said here that the E3 build of Reach PC will have 4k 60 FPS.

-snip

Freakin sweet.

I can already hear the damned music in my head.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So Forza Motorsport 8 and Horizon 5 on Steam? 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Well, cool and all. Wish games are made for PC primarily in mind, but cool to bring some XB ones on PC though. Like GoW games missing on PC would be great to see.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Now pls kill XBox OS and allow me to instal a real Windows on that.

Or at least work with Valve to allow Steam and make that available on XBox.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

The Xbone does have an x86/amd64 APU after all (albeit with very shitty CPU cores).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

The Xbone does have an x86/amd64 APU after all (albeit with very shitty CPU cores).

Exactly!

So it would be possible to make a real Windows for it and let me run that.

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

I doubt you'll get either of those. Consoles make money from the store - Microsoft porting games to Steam on PC is - in my opinion - enough. So there's essentially zero possibility that Steam will be allowed onto the Xbox.

I would be fine if they allowed hacked bootloaders so that you could install full blown Windows 10 as an unsupported environment, but there's no way they're going to kill "Xbox OS" (Which actually is Windows 10 anyway, or at least built on it).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

But the Microsoft game pass already works on PC.. bit of a poor selection of games at the moment tho.

But still Good news really Microsoft seem to be doing a lot of things right lately. 

On 6/2/2019 at 4:01 AM, dalekphalm said:

I doubt you'll get either of those. Consoles make money from the store - Microsoft porting games to Steam on PC is - in my opinion - enough. So there's essentially zero possibility that Steam will be allowed onto the Xbox.

Yeah, sadly.

But at least a couple of Options to customize the UI would be nice. Or the WIndows 8 Startmenu.

No, I'm not joking. That one would actually be awesome on Consoles. But they did something weird again...

On 6/2/2019 at 4:01 AM, dalekphalm said:

I would be fine if they allowed hacked bootloaders so that you could install full blown Windows 10 as an unsupported environment, but there's no way they're going to kill "Xbox OS" (Which actually is Windows 10 anyway, or at least built on it).

Yeah, exactly, XBox OS is a cut down, closed off Windows 10 basically...

But yeah, an XBox with a Real Windows would be really nice..

I hate the idea behind games as a service. For online games, sure, whatever. They need constant development which creates constant costs. I get it. But games that are not is stupid.

Maybe it's great for casual people who don't give a shit, but I like my games long term, meaning when I buy them I want them in my physical possession so to speak and not as subscription to a package that's either all or nothing.