you guys think this a good PC

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zMQ3LJ

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($67.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($77.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($40.10 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($99.39 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $955.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-29 22:53 EDT-0400

Looks good, but wait for Ryzen 3000 as that'll give you more options and shift pricing in your favor.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

The DS3H is a really, really iffy board. There's no reason to pay that much for any SATA SSD these days, now that M.2 500GB drives are coming down so quickly. Consider something like a CX550 instead of the PSU you have selected there.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

21 minutes ago, k3wlderp said:

Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 

I personally dont like ventus , shall be on the loud side. it shall be good for 1080p gaming.

also get a better & cheaper ssd

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kVzkcf/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-512-gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-asx8200pnp-512gt-c

In terms of SSD's, they are cheaper now but, you want a M2 NVMe drive not a SATA which that is. That's an instant 2-4X increase in performance. That board supports 22110 (that's just the physical size, smaller ones can be used.)

I'd wait for the Ryzen 3000 series and chipset, but if you're impatient I don't see anything wrong here.

In terms of failure/defect rates, Gigabyte is kinda middle-of-the-road. It's not bad, but support is not great. "Ultra Durable" doesn't work as advertised I tell ya.

Very few motherboards are gonna support the Ryzen 3000 with its 12 core processor correct?

3 minutes ago, k3wlderp said:

Very few motherboards are gonna support the Ryzen 3000 with its 12 core processor correct?

hard to say, better not hurry to make decision.

its fine in terms of tdp

here brand reputation comes in ... may be asus boards?

31 minutes ago, k3wlderp said:

the 400-series boards will support it after a bios update, 300-series boards minus A320 you need to check with the manufacturer's list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($145.88 @ Amazon) oc to 2600x speeds, wait for zen 2 if possible.
Motherboard: MSI - B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon) better VRMs than the DS3H.
Memory: Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Newegg) much faster for less.
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Antec - Dark Phantom DP301M MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix - Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.88 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $926.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-30 00:02 EDT-0400

you can get OS for a few dollars off ebay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

59 minutes ago, Kisai said:

In terms of SSD's, they are cheaper now but, you want a M2 NVMe drive not a SATA which that is. That's an instant 2-4X increase in performance. That board supports 22110 (that's just the physical size, smaller ones can be used.)

NVMe isn't worth the extra money, it's better to save some money and buy a SATA drive instead.

NVMe is better on paper but in most situations you will not notice much difference (if any) between SATA and NVMe.

The only way you'll really notice a difference between NVMe and SATA is when you're doing 4K video editing or you're transferring large files from the NVMe drive to another drive. 

1 hour ago, XR6 said:

NVMe isn't worth the extra money, it's better to save some money and buy a SATA drive instead.

NVMe is better on paper but in most situations you will not notice much difference (if any) between SATA and NVMe.

The only way you'll really notice a difference between NVMe and SATA is when you're doing 4K video editing or you're transferring large files from the NVMe drive to another drive. 

It's absolutely worth the extra money, but you can typically get NVMe versions of the same model for only a few dollar difference, which is why I mentioned it.

It's the PCIe 4x SSD drives that are super expensive. 

6 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the 400-series boards will support it after a bios update, 300-series boards minus A320 you need to check with the manufacturer's list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($145.88 @ Amazon) oc to 2600x speeds, wait for zen 2 if possible.
Motherboard: MSI - B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon) better VRMs than the DS3H.
Memory: Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Newegg) much faster for less.
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Antec - Dark Phantom DP301M MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix - Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.88 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $926.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-30 00:02 EDT-0400

you can get OS for a few dollars off ebay.

Herman's got pretty much exactly what I'd go with given the budget.

I might do the 660p drive personally, though I could be talked out of it.

The Vega is several steps up from the 1660Ti in gaming performance.

6 hours ago, XR6 said:

5 hours ago, Kisai said:

It's absolutely worth the extra money, but you can typically get NVMe versions of the same model for only a few dollar difference, which is why I mentioned it.

In gaming applications, there is no difference since games currently can't max out SATA transfer rates. At best for a gaming PC, it will turn on marginally faster and POSSIBLY load marginally faster. You see the difference in large file content creation or when moving large files.

That said, drives like the Intel 660p are inexpensive, comparably so to a BX500 or such. So really if you can grab one, why not?

8 hours ago, XR6 said:

NVMe drives are so cheap these days that getting one is almost a no-brainer if your board supports it. In the US, a SATA SSD from a solid brand can be had for $28.99. Inland is the in-house Micro Center brand, and I swear by them for pretty much any SATA SSD I need at this point. I've gone through well over a dozen in every size offered, so I'm very comfortable using that as my example. If you use a different brand that I'm either not a fan of (Kingston) or just haven't used (TCSunBow), you can go even cheaper.

Meanwhile, a solid HP SSD with PCIe speeds will run you $33.99. You're talking about $5 for considerably faster storage in a size more than big enough for your OS, and that price ratio tends to stay roughly the same until you get into the Adata XPG or Samsung EVO territory (even the XPGs aren't that bad). To me, the added speed is a must-have at that price differential.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

NVMe drives are so cheap these days that getting one is almost a no-brainer if your board supports it. In the US, a SATA SSD from a solid brand can be had for $28.99. Inland is the in-house Micro Center brand, and I swear by them for pretty much any SATA SSD I need at this point. I've gone through well over a dozen in every size offered, so I'm very comfortable using that as my example. If you use a different brand that I'm either not a fan of (Kingston) or just haven't used (TCSunBow), you can go even cheaper.

10 hours ago, Kisai said:

Didn't realize how inexpensive NVMe drives are in the US.. where I live it's more like a $20 difference between NVMe and SATA.

Thanks for informing me about that though, I had no idea.