Need a new PSU for 9900K and Vega 64

ikukuruu

I have a Vega 64 on the way and need to replace the PSU.

final box will be: 9900K, Vega 64, 2x RAM 

CPU overclocks to 5Ghz at 1.35V

Cooling:

2x 140mm

4x 120mm

I am looking at the following in a similar price bracket. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

bequiet U9 700W

corsair CX750

Silverstone 700W (SST-ST70F-PB)

Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 (700W)

Seasonic Focus SSR-650FM

Super Flower Leadex 650W

7 minutes ago, ikukuruu said:

Seasonic Focus SSR-650FM

this one

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

Just get the coolest looking one

Oh yeah, meant to mention that I don't have a window so I don't care about looks or modular cables.

2 minutes ago, ikukuruu said:

I would go for the Seasonic, but their own calculator recommends 850W PSU which I don't want to step up to:

Recommended Power Supply:

Seasonic Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply - Available at Amazon

PSU calculators are always inaccurate. You only need 650 watts max.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@ikukuruu which country?

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

this one

No. 

Remember the OCP problems? They got "fixed", but gave way to a much larger issue where even slightly above the Focus's old OCP tolerance level huge ripple was experienced. Plus with only 1 EPS connector voltage won't be as consistent. 

1 minute ago, hello_there_123 said:

@ikukuruu which country?

No. 

Remember the OCP problems? They got "fixed", but gave way to a much larger issue where even slightly above the Focus's old OCP tolerance level huge ripple was experienced. Plus with only 1 EPS connector voltage won't be as consistent. 

I've read about the initial problems with OCP but not the voltage ripple. Source?

Primary PC:

Just now, hello_there_123 said:

I see the ripple mention

Other problem is that the Focus serie has so much ripple if you combine it with a Asus Strix GTX 970 that it creates freezes and black screens. To "fix" this you can ask Seasonic for a special cable with capacitor for ripple filtering. 

But there was a statement about this specifically about vega

AMD officially recommends 650W/750W power supply for Vega 56/64. Basically, only users who use FOCUS PLUS 550 can possibly encounter such power overload problems. If the user's power supply is purchased before January 2018 (according to the serial number on the power sticker), please contact Seasonic Customer Service for after-sales service.

In rare cases, using FOCUS PLUS and ASUS GTX970 STRIX graphics cards may result in continual black screens, which is currently only present when paired with the ASUS GTX970 STRIX model. Using the PCIe power cable without capacitors can solve the problem. If the user encounters such problems, he can contact customer service to obtain a PCIe power cables.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

snip

i'll just quote stefan payne from here 

All that he says applies to the 650W as well, because the 650W only has 1 EPS connector as well.

1 hour ago, ikukuruu said:

I have a Vega 64 on the way and need to replace the PSU.

final box will be: 9900K, Vega 64, 2x RAM 

CPU overclocks to 5Ghz at 1.35V

Cooling:

2x 140mm

4x 120mm

I am looking at the following in a similar price bracket. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

bequiet U9 700W

corsair CX750

Silverstone 700W (SST-ST70F-PB)

Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 (700W)

Seasonic Focus SSR-650FM

Super Flower Leadex 650W

None of those, look for higher quality PSU!

You have the mone for a rediculously overpriced CPU (that might drop in price soon btw), you have the money for a real high end PSU such as be quiet Dark Power Pro P11, Corsair HX...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

None of those, look for higher quality PSU!

You have the mone for a rediculously overpriced CPU (that might drop in price soon btw), you have the money for a real high end PSU such as be quiet Dark Power Pro P11, Corsair HX...

Corsair HX750 is available for US$145 equivalent

As for Bequiet, no Dark Power Pro available for me, but there is Straight Power 11 650W US$125 equivalent

Recommendation for the lowest acceptable PSU?

4 minutes ago, ikukuruu said:

Corsair HX750 is available for US$145 equivalent

As for Bequiet, no Dark Power Pro available for me, but there is Straight Power 11 650W US$125 equivalent

Recommendation for the lowest acceptable PSU?

For that System:
Straight Power 11, 750W (because of the Connectors), if available, otherwise the Corsair HX.

1 hour ago, ikukuruu said:

I would go for the Seasonic, but their own calculator recommends 850W PSU which I don't want to step up to:

Recommended Power Supply:

Seasonic Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply - Available at Amazon

No, it is definitely better to have "too much PSU" than too little, especially since the P2 values may be at least 25% higher than reported. That said, it's pretty hard to blow through 600 watts with one CPU and one GPU.

32 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

For that System:
Straight Power 11, 750W (because of the Connectors), if available, otherwise the Corsair HX.

There is a Straight Power 10 700W...

I was ready to be convinced by the HX750 but I just checked and my case has a maximum depth of 160mm. (HX750 is 180mm)

What about these ones?

??Be!Quiet Straight Power 10 700W
Corsair RM750X
??Superflower LEADEX Titanium 750W

Seasonic Focus+ SSR-750PX

The first three are $125 and the Seasonic is US$10 more.

2 hours ago, ikukuruu said:

What about these ones?

??Be!Quiet Straight Power 10 700W
Corsair RM750X
??Superflower LEADEX Titanium 750W

Seasonic Focus+ SSR-750PX

The first three are $125 and the Seasonic is US$10 more.

Leadex is 180mm as well...

Bitfenix Whisper M available??

If not, chose between the Straight Power 11 and the Corsair.

3 hours ago, ikukuruu said:

There is a Straight Power 10 700W...

Not recommended, that's the old one, way worse than the 11...

3 hours ago, ikukuruu said:

I was ready to be convinced by the HX750 but I just checked and my case has a maximum depth of 160mm. (HX750 is 180mm)

What Case do you have? :|
Can you post a picture here?

46 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Leadex is 180mm as well...

Bitfenix Whisper M available??

If not, chose between the Straight Power 11 and the Corsair.

Not recommended, that's the old one, way worse than the 11...

What Case do you have? :|
Can you post a picture here?

Bitfenix is not available in the country it seems. 

Case is a Fractal Designs Nano S. 

Are there any other alternatives or is the RM750X satisfactory?

I don't why the Bequiet jumps from 650 to 850. 750 is not available anywhere in the country.