NVIDIA's Big Middle Finger to Apple

JonoT

RTX quadro 5000?

how is this any diff then when they competed with P5200s?

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

RTX quadro 5000?

how is this any diff then when they competed with P5200s?

It just works

✨FNIGE✨

Large trackpad, large speaker grills, 10 key-less. They were defiantly going for a MacBook Pro clone. That being said, a lot of the Pro software and the ecosystem of macOS make the MacBook Pro somewhat immune to competitors. CUDA is not all it's cracked up to be: 

It's good for creators in the 3D space, but MacBooks still hold a lead in the video editing department. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Jesus, these titles...

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

28 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Large trackpad, large speaker grills, 10 key-less. They were defiantly going for a MacBook Pro clone. That being said, a lot of the Pro software and the ecosystem of macOS make the MacBook Pro somewhat immune to competitors. CUDA is not all it's cracked up to be: 

It's good for creators in the 3D space, but MacBooks still hold a lead in the video editing department. 

yEaH bUt dOes aPPle hAvE rAytrAcing?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

49 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

As a 3D Artist, I still haven't found a laptop that can comfortably work with Maya without stuttering and overheating (I render on my GPU though), so I'm interested to see these new laptops with RTX trying to gain that market, because right now no 3D artist use one for serious jobs.

I don't think Apple is immune, there's a whole market they can't reach, and the market that it does reach, it does it poorly and overpriced. I guess they are lucky Adobe is terrible when it comes to Premiere.

Also, the guy in the video is comparing an i9 to i7s, not even mentioning price, not sure why. 

Just now, Kibelok said:

Also, the guy in the video is comparing an i9 to i7s, not even mentioning price, not sure why. 

Price wasn't the topic of the video, it was performance. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Prices are gonna be off the freaking roof on these RTX Quadro Laptops

So it's still gonna be:

1. Gaming Laptop with normie looks and decent specs / price

OR

2. Second-hand Macbook Pro

For me, anyway

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Wtf is up with these titles?  You said you were going to stop with this BS, which is what got me to resubscribe.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Hello Linus, long time viewer first time forum-user here.

I just came by to say thank you for "correcting" the titles to have the proper secondary titles.

Understanding that I've enjoyed endless hours of entertainment with the LTT channel for virtually free, it's hard for me to justify myself complaining about certain decisions LTT make. But as a channel that I love, I can't help but feel the need to express my opinion directly even if it doesn't mean much.

I know the view count may suggest otherwise that clickbaits are an effective way.. but I speak mainly for the more older viewers/longtime viewers of LTT. Not that Linus or LTT owes us anything for being long time viewers, mind you. 

But I do feel that it's something that separates LTT with the rest of the low-effort industry that can be much more shallow. LTT's content has always been great for me. Lots of proper research and thought put into the script with minimal attempts at drama mongering. I just wish the titles themselves reflected that same kind of dignity the content itself has. So... a part of me says maybe an increase in view count isn't what it's all about? idk.

Of course, I'm completely oblivious to the whole youtube algorithm and business side of things. So I admit that it's entirely selfish of me to criticize LTT this way. Either way, I felt that the adding of secondary title for clarity, for me anyway, was a huge step in the right direction and a sign that linus is willing to make compromises for his more "niche" audience. I'm grateful 

Sorry for the rant and I hope to see more and more LTT videos!

and sorry if this isn't the right place to post something like this

I think these laptops will be cool. I am a MacBook Pro user but I just do photography. Don’t get your hopes up on prize though. Id be willing to bet that too specs on these things will make macbook pros look cheap. 

I would actually prefer buying a thin-and-light laptop with 15 W U-series processor with a (hypothetical) Max-Q Quadro GPU over a "Studio Laptop" with 45 W H-series processor with full power mobile Quadro RTX, if what I all I need is a laptop to bring to lectures/workplaces and do some daily CAD.

The "Studio Laptop" is just a fancier way of saying "mobile workstation".

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Somebody else (besides Nvidia) needs to compete in the producer/studio space. It makes perfect sense for Nvidia to set up camp there right now. What's to stop them from funneling consumers into paying the absolute most possible? That's exactly where they want to be...

Listening to the their Computex keynote about "creating new markets" reveals everything about their business model. (They even said themselves they make 1 GPU and push it to different audiences mainly with software/drivers, and that content-creators aren't technical enough to know or care the difference.) Don't get me wrong, they do outstanding work in many avenues, CUDA, AI, Max-Q, and now RTX, for example truly being innovative and good, but even that is too expensive for a new feature. Although I'm sure these laptops are amazing, I see them in the same track record as G-Sync, Quadro, etc.

I don't mean to be an entitled consumer, but some things are ridiculous. Charging a premium for every little thing and "creating new markets" is like if Microsoft charged you for having icons on your desktop instead of in the start menu. I mean, you guys are engineers -- you didn't invent math or the principles that make tech versatile, you're just in a lucky position.

I hope AMD and other chips start to burst their bubble and be feature competitive without tacking on the premium, like what they did with FreeSync. Let's not kid ourselves, Apple is already overpriced, and should never be the benchmark for a pricepoint, as if we needed another tier for laptop prices. Innovation is great, laptops are great, but dictatorships are not.

17 hours ago, lightmasta said:

Understanding that I've enjoyed endless hours of entertainment with the LTT channel for virtually free, it's hard for me to justify myself complaining about certain decisions LTT make.

And yet, here you are.

You do understand that LTT video views are going to directly affect revenue from ads/sponsors? They then use that revenue to do things like create quality content and pay employees? 

But let's complain about a title that is meant to grab attention from passers by even though the content itself is typically second to none, and unless you've been paying LMG directly to access that content it hasn't been "virtually free" it's been literally free.