Need a little help with pc + console and audio

HeavyFtw
Go to solution Solved by dc123,

you could buy something like the sound blaster x7 to which you could put your console audio in using an optical cable then connect the computer by micro usb. you can then mix the sound so you can hear the console and pc at the same time. the only problem with that is that you cant talk on the console, Also there are probably other options than the x7 im only mentioning that one because thats what i use.

So I'm using my desktop to chat with people on discord etc but the main issue is I have no way to get audio from my console because my monitor has no speakers how could I solve this? would I need to split the hdmi into audio and a video cable? 

this is my headset
 pc version 
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/void-usb-config-na/p/CA-9011130-NA

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

1 minute ago, HeavyFtw said:

So I'm using my desktop to chat with people on discord etc but the main issue is I have no way to get audio from my console because my monitor has no speakers how could I solve this? would I need to split the hdmi into audio and a video cable? 

this is my headset
 pc version 
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/void-usb-config-na/p/CA-9011130-NA

It should output the audio to the HDMI cable automatically. Look in your settings for a output divice and output it to a divice with speakers

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

3 minutes ago, jake765111 said:

It should output the audio to the HDMI cable automatically. Look in your settings for a output divice and output it to a divice with speakers

I want the audio from my console to my computer so I can use discord and listen to the game sound if that makes sense but I also need the hdmi cable for my montior 

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A 

On 5/28/2019 at 11:43 AM, HeavyFtw said:

I want the audio from my console to my computer so I can use discord and listen to the game sound if that makes sense but I also need the hdmi cable for my montior 

You might be able to setup software to stream the audio but I don't know how to do this and it might be delayed. 

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

21 hours ago, jake765111 said:

You might be able to setup software to stream the audio but I don't know how to do this and it might be delayed. 

mhm damn I can't figure this out thanks for trying though 

My Rigs

Main Rig

Asus Z170-A 

you could buy something like the sound blaster x7 to which you could put your console audio in using an optical cable then connect the computer by micro usb. you can then mix the sound so you can hear the console and pc at the same time. the only problem with that is that you cant talk on the console, Also there are probably other options than the x7 im only mentioning that one because thats what i use.