Having problems with cooling my Gaming laptop

I am having problem with cooling end of my laptop,

I am using HP OMEN 17 2018 edition bought for 1,69,000 INR

my specs are

GTX 1070

I7 7700k

16 gb ram

I am facing game crashes during gaming, the game crashes with my pc, I have ran Geeks 3D furmark at 1080p 8x msaa and max temp of 91

I face this problem while playing games with high graphics.

If someone can help me, please I do need help

Easiest way to cool a laptop is to make sure it has a good supply of air. Don't run it on your bed (Some may laugh but ive seen this), and make sure you raise your laptop so that air can get under it (Trapped air under a laptop causes a lot of heat build up). 

If need be, lower your settings too, some laptops are poorly designed and really do not run well at 'cold' settings once they have been running a while and over heat after a while of playing. 

Best thing for a gaming laptop though, is a cooling stand that can be bought for as little as £10 on ebay.   

i use my laptop on my table with a laptop cooler and I have tried watchdogs 2 on lowest settings, still suffering crash after 5 min of gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Harsh0748 said:

You could try replacing the thermal paste with something better, or use liquid metal if you don't need your warranty.

Otherwise undervolt and underclock everything a bit to keep the temps down.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Harsh0748 said:

i use my laptop on my table with a laptop cooler.

Then this changes things. Turn it over, can you see much crap in its cooling fins? If so may need a clean out. Can you also set a fan portfolio? You may need to increase the fan speed. Did you also buy this laptop new or have you played around with overclocking?

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You could try replacing the thermal paste with something better, or use liquid metal if you don't need your warranty.

Otherwise undervolt and underclock everything a bit to keep the temps down.

I have been underclocking my cpu with "Intel EXTREME tuning kit"

with turbo boost off and cpu offset  to -0.125v , same for cache

AND

how do i replace the thermal paste in laptop?

8 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Then this changes things. Turn it over, can you see much crap in its cooling fins? If so may need a clean out. Can you also set a fan portfolio? You may need to increase the fan speed. Did you also buy this laptop new or have you played around with overclocking?

The Cooling Fan is brand nee (bought it a month ago) and there is no blockage in the fan.

1 minute ago, Harsh0748 said:

The Cooling Fan is brand nee (bought it a month ago) and there is no blockage in the fan.

Do you have a fan portfolio on the laptop?

Just now, KE2012 said:

Do you have a fan portfolio on the laptop?

Fan portfolio?

like fan speed (I have all my fans on max) 

Fan portfolio?

like fan speed (I have all my fans on max) 

Hmm, all fans on max and still very high temps despite settings games to low settings. How old is the laptop? 

1 minute ago, KE2012 said:

Hmm, all fans on max and still very high temps despite settings games to low settings. How old is the laptop? 

I bought the laptop in early 2018

I bought the laptop in early 2018

Alright, so has it only just started to run very hot? 

The problem started when i updated my drivers from "HP Support assistant" and then i used to play FORTNITE after the updates i observed that my laptop screen went black and i had to restart my laptop by the power key.

I cheeked my temp an they went wild.

Then i came up with a solution that i play games in front of my ac.

Things went well, but now i have to go to collage  and i cant do the ac stuff.

I cant get to roll back changes,

There are plenty of videos online featuring replacing thermal paste in a laptop. Just search for it on YouTube. The issue is your laptop will NOT be exactly the same. Every laptop has a different internal layout, but the idea is essentially the same, the video will show you what parts to look for and remove.

If you have already tried everything else, then this is your only option, as theres nothing else you can do to help cool the laptop besides setting it on top of a running AC unit when running heavy loads.

I recommend Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut. It is the closest thing to liquid metal while being a standard, non-conductive thermal paste, making it much safer. It should be more than enough to drop those temps.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

14 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

There are plenty of videos online featuring replacing thermal paste in a laptop. Just search for it on YouTube. The issue is your laptop will NOT be exactly the same. Every laptop has a different internal layout, but the idea is essentially the same, the video will show you what parts to look for and remove.

If you have already tried everything else, then this is your only option, as theres nothing else you can do to help cool the laptop besides setting it on top of a running AC unit when running heavy loads.

I recommend Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut. It is the closest thing to liquid metal while being a standard, non-conductive thermal paste, making it much safer. It should be more than enough to drop those temps.

Man I was  also going for replacing the thermal paste and I wasent sure.

Thermal Grizzly is a good company but what about their other product like aeronaut and the hydranaut?

36 minutes ago, Harsh0748 said:

Man I was  also going for replacing the thermal paste and I wasent sure.

Thermal Grizzly is a good company but what about their other product like aeronaut and the hydranaut?

The Aeronaut and Hydronaut have specific uses related to their naming scheme. Basically one designed for big air towers and the other designed for liquid coolers. Aeronaut is also considered their entry level paste, delivering only the slightest gains in conductivity over stock pastes such as Intel included paste.

Kyronaut is the best option for you overall. The closest cooling performance to liquid metal while also being safe for electronics. Its a tad pricey for thermal paste but it can be found for $20 with some google searching and $20 isn't a lot of money considering the issue at hand.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread: