Techquickie ideas

allanlange

And what's coming next maybe?

Hmm... how about explaining the differences of the new chipsets + the ones upcoming for Haswell (if there is info already)...

Linus already made one if it before but I think its outdated now...or soon..

The difference in video cables and that you don't need to plug two cables into the same monitor going to the same computer, >.

645fad65e1479dcc49a8a7051509f6d1

fps and freq.

different types of panels TN, IPS ...

Physical cores and Logical cores

=

I've neevr actually found a use for eSata. Is it any different from Sata? Surely USB3 is better than eSATA?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Quick Reviews of Graphics cards and storage devices etc.

I am positive Linus will find out something interesting to do!

Ice Cream Man's Computer -3770K @4.5ghz- P8Z77-V PRO -Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II 4 GB -Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866mhz -Corsair AX750 Gold -WD 2TB Black -M4 128GB SSD

I've neevr actually found a use for eSata. Is it any different from Sata? Surely USB3 is better than eSATA?
eSATA is for external hard drives.

But USB3 is more practical.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Perhaps megabits vs megabytes especially with respect to transfer rates. Some people might think USB 2.0 will give them 480 megabytes per second when this is incorrect.

Maybe about SATA 1, 2, 3 and what types of speed you can expect out of those three. And what difference AHCI makes when you install a SSD.

MEH

Hmm... how about explaining the differences of the new chipsets + the ones upcoming for Haswell (if there is info already)...

Linus already made one if it before but I think its outdated now...or soon..

What we know already is that they willl support natively more SATA3 and even more USB 3.0 ports.

A video to teach you how to determine monitor screen defects and how to configure a monitor, like dead/stuck pixles. Black light levels, white light levels, contrast / brightness stuff.

I know that might seem a tad useless, but I'm very interested to know the correct way to configure it. Sort of like your coil-whine video.

• 5 weeks later...

mSATA, requirements like what do manuafctures need to preprare, what to look for on notebook mobo to reasure yourself when they are not sharing info.

specs for diffrent standards whithin itself

IMHO its even too much for two minutes

Perhaps megabits vs megabytes especially with respect to transfer rates. Some people might think USB 2.0 will give them 480 megabytes per second when this is incorrect.
bit is speed and byte is space

Bits and bytes are both data 'space'. There are 8 bits in a byte, so if something is transferring at 80Mbps, that is 10MBps.

You were a noob once too!

How to clean out not needed bios settings for faster post times

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

How to change your internet security key

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

• 1 month later...

It'd be nice to do one about video card shopping... with some emphasis on ignoring the "enormous RAM GT 620" marketing. I know there's already an NCIX video on it, I'm hoping for a bit of a redone version of that lol. That video had a ton of technical talk in it and with no graphs for Linus's test results, one has to rely on keeping up with his fast talking. With all the jargon and tech lingo thrown in, someone who is nooby enough to fall for the 4GB GT 620 will be hard-pressed to take anything away from it. Trying to teach my roomate that 2GB cards aren't twice as fast as 1GB cards (and he's a pretty smart guy) I have to say he didn't really gain anything from that video. So it'd be nice to have a more... simplified version of this:

• 1 year later...

What is Thunderbolt?

Pretty much a display port that functions like a USB.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Pretty much a display port that functions like a USB.

So... awesomeness

Isn't there already a techquickie ideas thread? Why is this here?

EDIT: Why the Necro..