Need help on a bluray play from hard drive

rxtr113t
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

So that video is encoded in H.265 (HEVC). This is a better compression for lowering the file size of a higher resolution image (assuming ideal quality settings, etc).

However, some devices have poor H.265 decoding performance. If the file is too large, it can cause problems.

Once the transcoding is finished with the settings I specified (H.264), let's compare the file size of the new encoding vs the one you've posted.

In terms of your SmartTV, it should have no problems playing back H.264. It should also play H.265 as well, so the issue may simply be too large of a file size, rather than codec specific.

Tip: If you're going to rip Blu-Rays in the future, the recommended program is MakeMKV.

No idea if i posted in the right section\\Hey guys i really need help on this matter it's kind of a unique problam to have. So it's like this I've riped some bluray movies from thier  discs note* they massive about 70gig each 

I already did all the possess of turning them into a neat single mkv file but my pc run the movies choppy and wrong (it's not the single file issue maybe the size) 

The thing is i have 2080ti and i7 8700k and i don't know why it isn't working

My end goal is to put all of my bluray disks on the hard drive and play them on my tv and the tv is also a problam it's high end 4k tv but it can't handel the files this size so i seek help resolving this 2 problams

1 hour ago, rxtr113t said:

No idea if i posted in the right section\\Hey guys i really need help on this matter it's kind of a unique problam to have. So it's like this I've riped some bluray movies from thier  discs note* they massive about 70gig each 

I already did all the possess of turning them into a neat single mkv file but my pc run the movies choppy and wrong (it's not the single file issue maybe the size) 

The thing is i have 2080ti and i7 8700k and i don't know why it isn't working

My end goal is to put all of my bluray disks on the hard drive and play them on my tv and the tv is also a problam it's high end 4k tv but it can't handel the files this size so i seek help resolving this 2 problams

Question 1: How did you rip the movie to your computer? Be specific - what program, what settings (if relevant), etc.

Question 2: What codec is the movie file encoded in?

Question 3: Was the Blu-Ray encryption stripped out already (usually done during the ripping process)?

Your most likely solution is to simply transcode the movie file into a smaller file with a lower bitrate. Handbrake is typically the go-to for this. I'd suggest H.264, with an RF setting of around 20. This will give you high quality, decent file size, and a very wide compatibility.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

For question 1 i can't really answer I've searched the internet for a random and kinda shaidy program so ive deleted it and i dont think it's really matter if it dous tell me I'll search for it.

For question 2 all the relevant information should be in the screen shoot.

For question 3. Yes all the encryption was riped.

And about your recommendation I've just started the encoding with your specification it will take time  so if it works it will solve problam 1 but the question if my tv(one of qled model 65' 4k from Samsung) can handle it.

1558714237898350458990388396161.jpg

So that video is encoded in H.265 (HEVC). This is a better compression for lowering the file size of a higher resolution image (assuming ideal quality settings, etc).

However, some devices have poor H.265 decoding performance. If the file is too large, it can cause problems.

Once the transcoding is finished with the settings I specified (H.264), let's compare the file size of the new encoding vs the one you've posted.

In terms of your SmartTV, it should have no problems playing back H.264. It should also play H.265 as well, so the issue may simply be too large of a file size, rather than codec specific.

Tip: If you're going to rip Blu-Rays in the future, the recommended program is MakeMKV.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 5/24/2019 at 7:33 PM, dalekphalm said:

ok this seems to to the trick it works so first of all  thank you!!

and just to comper the original size in h.265 was 52.9g and now its 20.5g (ill try messing and trying new things in handbrake to test the real limit of my hardware for best quality to performance ) i really like handbrake very user friendly and a lot of customizations and for free.

but there's a still a problem with the file size i can cut the file into small chunks of its self but ill lose all of the subtitles and other voice options you know of any program that can cut the file into pieces but still keep the subtitles and voices for other languages?

Make MKV is very much your friend.

I used it to rip my 200+ disk movie collection, not a single hitch in the software.

Handbrake is amazing for encoding. It is more or less the free version of Adobe Media Encoder (better, but very expensive)

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは