Zombie Load performance nerf ;/

Ok so if you dont use VM etc and only game with your machine and are quite safe with your usage then uninstall the damn patch ... 

Cpu-z Bench prior to removing patch gave me 5800 on Multi core same as a STOCK 9900k while mine is running 5.1ghz @ 1.35vcore ... uninstalled the patch and now doing 5920 multicore and on single core i gained 5.5 points from 580-584,6 to 590.1

So if your just a gamer then get rid of the latest so called "fix" for zombie load which affects VM machines... ;)

I'm gonna keep the fix installed as it's not only VM's that are affected. I can see the appeal of uninstalling as it let's you keep the performance, but for me it's Security > Performance. [READ MORE ABOUT ZOMBIELOAD HERE]

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you really going to notice 5.5 points on CPU-Z bench in games, though?

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

20 hours ago, Blze001 said:

Are you really going to notice 5.5 points on CPU-Z bench in games, though?

eh, so you buy a car that does 200mph but then there is a hotfix that makes it got 190mhp only.... hm are you going to notice it .. ofcourse you are ;) ... 

If i was even remotly scared of Zombie whatnot i would keep it but im not so i wont... ;)

15 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

eh, so you buy a car that does 200mph but then there is a hotfix that makes it got 190mhp only.... hm are you going to notice it .. ofcourse you are ;) ... 

If i was even remotly scared of Zombie whatnot i would keep it but im not so i wont... ;)

Chances are you won't feel anything different in-game at all, imagine using a simple CPU benchmark test as gospel for "performance loss" when even that bench score shows a negligible difference that could even be chalked up to thermals or other factors

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

On 5/22/2019 at 4:42 AM, Uptivuptiz said:

I'm gonna keep the fix installed as it's not only VM's that are affected. I can see the appeal of uninstalling as it let's you keep the performance, but for me it's Security > Performance. [READ MORE ABOUT ZOMBIELOAD HERE]

Based on zombieload.pdf document on that page you linked, is it saying on page 8 that the Core i9-9900K is not vulnerable to the zombieload exploit or is it the i7-8700K? It's showing a list of tested processors on that page but the i7-8700k has to green check marks and the i9-9000K has to red check marks and I'm not sure which is supposed to be a good thing or not. I'm in the process of building a new desktop to replace my 10 year old machine is why I ask. :)

11 minutes ago, graberweg said:

Based on zombieload.pdf document on that page you linked, is it saying on page 8 that the Core i9-9900K is not vulnerable to the zombieload exploit or is it the i7-8700K? It's showing a list of tested processors on that page but the i7-8700k has to green check marks and the i9-9000K has to red check marks and I'm not sure which is supposed to be a good thing or not. I'm in the process of building a new desktop to replace my 10 year old machine is why I ask. :)

As far as I know all the Intel CPUs are affected... But reading about it more I'm not sure:

image.png.2855cc2bdd0c902e705c7f810155e080.png

In Table 2 it shows what processors they where able to get data from (AKA "mount"):

image.png.7123dd740941ba6e000942a32f3eaea3.png

Now, just because they couldn't mount the 9900K doesn't mean it hasn't got the same flaw as the others. Some more malicious might already have figured out the flaw. If I were you I would wait to see what AMD brings to the table with Zen 2 at Computex this weekend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

34 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

If I were you I would wait to see what AMD brings to the table with Zen 2 at Computex this weekend.

27th -> Monday.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

27th -> Monday.

Eh, close enough :D 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

As far as I know all the Intel CPUs are affected... But reading about it more I'm not sure:

image.png.2855cc2bdd0c902e705c7f810155e080.png

In Table 2 it shows what processors they where able to get data from (AKA "mount"):

image.png.7123dd740941ba6e000942a32f3eaea3.png

Now, just because they couldn't mount the 9900K doesn't mean it hasn't got the same flaw as the others. Some more malicious might already have figured out the flaw. If I were you I would wait to see what AMD brings to the table with Zen 2 at Computex this weekend.

Bummer I literally already picked out every single part I wanted in my ideal machine only to find out this glaring exploit that's making me reconsider completely switching to an AMD processor and completely different motherboard arghhhhhh

20 hours ago, Kenjo said:

This is not a great analogy. Sure, you buy a car that goes 200 MPH, and you're on a road that doesn't have a speed limit. Let's call it productivity road. You can go as fast as you want and you can see that 200 MPH. Wheeeee. Now you get off that road onto Gaming Blvd. There's a speed limit now of 65 MPH. So will you notice a difference on that road between your car that goes 200 MPH and your car that goes 190 MPH? Nope. 

Gaming loads were already largely unaffected by Spectre/Meltdown patches as seen here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-meltdown-spectre-intel-amd,5457.html

Then JayzTwoCents just did a video on Zombieload where he disabled Hyperthreading (which is the only real solution right now for Zombieload) and he recorded his findings and was rather shocked to see almost no difference in gaming. And even in productivity it wasn't as big of a loss as he had expected:

Still not turning off my HT in my 7700. But I'm really worried about the performance hit. I think we should get a rebate from intel. Just like the 3.5gb scandal with the 970 where nvidia gives a $30 refund to 970 users. 

Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7 7700 | Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Code | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 2x8Gb 3000Mhz RGB |

GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic PX650 | Case: Phanteks P400S |

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo (OS Drive) & Samsung PM981 (Game Drive)

On 5/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, jerubedo said:

This is not a great analogy. Sure, you buy a car that goes 200 MPH, and you're on a road that doesn't have a speed limit. Let's call it productivity road. You can go as fast as you want and you can see that 200 MPH. Wheeeee. Now you get off that road onto Gaming Blvd. There's a speed limit now of 65 MPH. So will you notice a difference on that road between your car that goes 200 MPH and your car that goes 190 MPH? Nope. 

Gaming loads were already largely unaffected by Spectre/Meltdown patches as seen here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-meltdown-spectre-intel-amd,5457.html

Then JayzTwoCents just did a video on Zombieload where he disabled Hyperthreading (which is the only real solution right now for Zombieload) and he recorded his findings and was rather shocked to see almost no difference in gaming. And even in productivity it wasn't as big of a loss as he had expected:

It depends.

Not going to affect a 6/12 or 8/16 as much as it will affect a 2/4 or 4/8.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x