core i5 3470 + RX570 + RAM 8GB ?

Hi guys, a friend of mine has very tight budget so he decided to get a used PC build for gaming:

He will get the following stuff:

- core i5 3470 (used)

- RAM 8GB DDR3 (used)

- RX 570 4GB (NEW)

- WD Blue 1TB or 2TB (depends on budget)

So i need to know how much power consumption for a build like this? so that i can choose suitable power supply for.

Thanks in advance.

A solid 450+ watt unit will do.. PSU tier list is linked in my sig. Try to get something from Tier B and above..

Did they already buy everything else? 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

That build uses around 200-250W so a good quality 450+ watt PSU would be your best choice.

Also, if you're looking for a good quality PSU for the build then I recommend the Corsair CX450, it's a good PSU at a good price. I use one in my own PC and it works great.

I would also add a 240GB Solid State Drive if they have the budget, maybe go for a 1TB and a 240GB Solid State Drive. It's 100% worth the extra money. Plus SSDs are just so cheap now.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

19 minutes ago, The Strange said:

Hi guys, a friend of mine has very tight budget so he decided to get a used PC build for gaming:

He will get the following stuff:

- core i5 3470 (used)

- RAM 8GB DDR3 (used)

- RX 570 4GB (NEW)

- WD Blue 1TB or 2TB (depends on budget)

So i need to know how much power consumption for a build like this? so that i can choose suitable power supply for.

Thanks in advance.

If possible set the build up so that he can upgrade to 16GB soon as 8GB is barely enough anymore, if a program starts up amidst his game, he is going to take a performance hit.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Thank you so much guys, all replies are really appreciated.

Just 1 more thing to ask about, is this PSU good quality enough:

- S12II Bronze 430W 80 PLUS Certified PSU

5 minutes ago, The Strange said:

Thank you so much guys, all replies are really appreciated.

Just 1 more thing to ask about, is this PSU good quality enough:

- S12II Bronze 430W 80 PLUS Certified PSU

No, I would avoid that PSU, it's low quality. 

Choose something from the PSU tier list (below). Anything in Tier B or above is good.

Wouldn't it be better if he tried to get an i7 2600 or i7 3770? Maybe even K's? I had an i5 3450 paired with an r9 380 OC'ed, and in Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, GTA V, my CPU was at 100% for most of the time. Swapped it with the i7 2600 and difference was quite big, especially in PUBG i got around 15+ fps. Now in battlefield 5, my i7 is almost 95% of the time at 95-100% usage. Based on my experience it would be a better choice just because of HT. Anyone got a different opinion?

On 5/20/2019 at 11:48 PM, IoWii said:

Wouldn't it be better if he tried to get an i7 2600 or i7 3770? Maybe even K's? I had an i5 3450 paired with an r9 380 OC'ed, and in Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, GTA V, my CPU was at 100% for most of the time. Swapped it with the i7 2600 and difference was quite big, especially in PUBG i got around 15+ fps. Now in battlefield 5, my i7 is almost 95% of the time at 95-100% usage. Based on my experience it would be a better choice just because of HT. Anyone got a different opinion?

Sorry for late reply to this, but in my own perspective i totally agree with you, but the main problem here is that my friend has a very very tight budget, he just hope to have some gaming with no troubles, and get the best rig his money can afford.

He has a budget between 250-400$ while prices here in our country are expensive even with used stuff, at this moment he will get the following stuff:

core i5 3470 (used)

RAM 8GB (used)

RX 570 4GB(NEW)

HDD WD Blue 2TB 5400 RPM (NEW)

That will make an average price = 350$ maybe, plus he needs some good quality power supply, and some monitor too, he's not sure if he can get a higher budget for this, however as i said you're totally right, thanks for that and i will keep this in mind too.

Also thanks to all other people, all replies are really so appreciated.