Very unstable system for 2 years getting black screens on random

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

See what where? I thought everyone was expecting over an 8 core Zen 2 CPU, that's why I'm confused lol. (I'm not sure myself, I just thought 12-16 was a might).. They said at CES the chip they compared to the 9900K was a mid range chip.. @Stefan Payne???

We would all love to know the facts.  But FIrewrath9 knows a little something.  It makes perfect sense.  Why the fak would AMD release a Ryzen 3000 consumer chip with 12 cores or 16 cores.  That segment of 12 core 16 cores and beyond is their different line the ThreadRipper.  There is no such thing as 16 cores non HEDT,  Once you hit 12 cores your HEDT with quad channel memory.  Also good point the Ryzen 8 core will pown the ThreadRipper single threaded performance.  It suffers greatly to the 9900k.  So AMD is giving us the 9900k killer in the form of Ryzen 3000 8 core 16 threads.  This all makes sense.  AMD just cant put up a 16c Ryzen , what about ThreadRipper;  that would be death to ThreadRipper and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

We would all love to know the facts.  But FIrewrath9 knows a little something.  It makes perfect sense.  Why the fak would AMD release a Ryzen 3000 consumer chip with 12 cores or 16 cores.  That segment of 12 core 16 cores and beyond is their different line the ThreadRipper.  There is no such thing as 16 cores non HEDT,  Once you hit 12 cores your HEDT with quad channel memory.  Also good point the Ryzen 8 core will pown the ThreadRipper single threaded performance.  It suffers greatly to the 9900k.  So AMD is giving us the 9900k killer in the form of Ryzen 3000 8 core 16 threads.  This all makes sense.  AMD just cant put up a 16c Ryzen , what about ThreadRipper;  that would be death to ThreadRipper and what not.

Lol. I'm done with this conversation. TR4 wouldn't have been taken off the road map if that was the case.. Making a new product that disqualifies an older one is perfectly normal.. I guess we'll see.. In the mean time, wanna put money on it? $20 bucks says 8 cores won't be the highest Zen 2 CPU (not including threadripper).. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Lol. I'm done with this conversation. TR4 wouldn't have been taken off the road map if that was the case.. Making a new product that disqualifies an older one is perfectly normal.. I guess we'll see.. In the mean time, wanna put money on it? $20 bucks says 8 cores won't be the highest Zen 2 CPU (not including threadripper).. 

Well consumers would love 12 core chip for 500 dollars.  Their focus seems to be more towards the consumer and not the HEDT.  The HEDT is a nitch small market.  So their releasing 3000 and no HEDT CPU.  I would be shocked if they release a 16 core non threadripper.  Then what will happen to the ThreadRipper HEDT market ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Well consumers would love 12 core chip for 500 dollars.  Their focus seems to be more towards the consumer and not the HEDT.  The HEDT is a nitch small market.  So their releasing 3000 and no HEDT CPU.  I would be shocked if they release a 16 core non threadripper.  Then what will happen to the ThreadRipper HEDT market ?

We don't know anything yet. Just because you no longer see threadripper on the road map doesn't mean anything.. They could just be testing the waters to see how everyone reacts.. If you think there's only going to 8 cores on zen 2, then I don't know what to tell you.. But It's really not hard to believe.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

6 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

yes.

I didn't see any 12c or 16c.

Why would they release a 12c24t @ 4.5-5ghz w/ 10-15% IPC, thus better perf than 2950X?

Why wouldn't they?!
That would destroy the Competition and they'll get the upper hand.

What does that have to do with the 2950X??? Not much.

That's a completely different thing...

6 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

See what where? I thought everyone was expecting over an 8 core Zen 2 CPU, that's why I'm confused lol. (I'm not sure myself, I just thought 12-16 was a might).. They said at CES the chip they compared to the 9900K was a mid range chip.. @Stefan Payne???

Yes, because:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13829/amd-ryzen-3rd-generation-zen-2-pcie-4-eight-core

We know that one CPU Die has 8 Cores. That Package clearly has space for two CPU Dies.

And I doubt that that thing shown on CES is something a normal user can obtain because they can salvage many 4 Core Dies for the 8 Core CPU. And 6 Cores for the 12 Cores.

Throwing Threadripper in the mix makes no sense. 
Remember there was an 8 Core Threadripper? The 1900X???

Why shouldn't there be a normal 16 Core Ryzen?

If they can put Intel in their place and have the best Processor on Consumer Plattform for a long while, why shouldn't they?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why wouldn't they?!
That would destroy the Competition and they'll get the upper hand.

What does that have to do with the 2950X??? Not much.

That's a completely different thing...

Yes, because:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13829/amd-ryzen-3rd-generation-zen-2-pcie-4-eight-core

We know that one CPU Die has 8 Cores. That Package clearly has space for two CPU Dies.

And I doubt that that thing shown on CES is something a normal user can obtain because they can salvage many 4 Core Dies for the 8 Core CPU. And 6 Cores for the 12 Cores.

Throwing Threadripper in the mix makes no sense. 
Remember there was an 8 Core Threadripper? The 1900X???

Why shouldn't there be a normal 16 Core Ryzen?

If they can put Intel in their place and have the best Processor on Consumer Plattform for a long while, why shouldn't they?

ok, a  2950X is 16c at 4.1ghz nominal. = 65.6 gigahertzcores (should be equivalent to a single core @ 65.6 ghz on MULTITHREAD)

If zen 2 has 4.5-5ghz (lets assume 4.8ghz), on 12c, with a 10% IPC increase, then its 63.36ghzcores, (12*4.8*1.1), and 20-25% better singlethread, and prob cheaper.

The 1900X was really bad, thats why in TR 2nd gen they didn't make a 2900X, just a 2920X and a 2950X.

A 16c 4.8ghz @ 10% more IPC would have better multi-thread than a 2970WX.

why would they hurt their TR sales with Ryzen?

First Gen TR had space for 32 cores, they waited for 2nd gen to launch that. Why not launch 8c/12t to compete against the 9900k, at a cheaper price, then when intel releases 10c20t, AMD releases 12c24t.

All this is speculation, the only 16c32t "leaks" were from adoredTV, or whatever.

There was a fake photoshopped Ryzen 9 things remember?

Don't want to argue, you can believe 16c32t if you want. I guess we will have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Why would they hurt their TR sales with Ryzen?

Because they can increase the Core Count on TR as well. Starting with 16 Cores with Zen 2 doesn't seem like the best idea, Maybe they start at 24 Cores?? That looks great with 4 x 6 Cores...

TR is more than just the cores.

For example the I/O and other stuff.
And how do you know that would hurt the sales?!

A 16 Core AM4 CPU is limited to 105W TDP.

A 16 Core TR4 CPU is limited to 180W TDP

So you can do more boosting, though you also need more Power for the I/O Die as well.

First Gen TR had space for 32 cores, they waited for 2nd gen to launch that. Why not launch 8c/12t to compete against the 9900k, at a cheaper price, then when intel releases 10c20t, AMD releases 12c24t.

Who said there won't be an 8 Core Version??

There probably will.

Just not with just one CPU Die...

All this is speculation, the only 16c32t "leaks" were from adoredTV, or whatever.

And??
The only thing hindering AMD making such a CPU is yield and thus lack of fully functional 8 Core CPU dies.

There are other Pictures from the AMD CPU shown at CES in January, that clearly show space for a 2nd die.

So that isn't speculation, its fact that 1 die has 8 Cores and 2 x 8 is still 16...

There was a fake photoshopped Ryzen 9 things remember?

Don't want to argue, you can believe 16c32t if you want. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Who cares about that stuff??

And why shouldn't AMD bring a 16 Core AM4 CPU when there won't be an Intel Competitor for the next couple of years?!

At a good price, they can also force Intel to conter with their large Skylake-X on 2066...

There really is no reason to not bring a 16 Cores. The only question is WHEN!

They probably won't release all at once. I expect AMD to do a staggered Launch and start with 1-2 Matisse SKUs, maybe with a 3rd X one. And that will be 8 Core and maybe 12 Cores. And I think that the 8 Cores might not get an X, only 12, though both is possible.

The 16 Cores will be left for later. They need PRESS, thus releasing the top thing on a special event some time later this year makes the most sense.

For example a teaser on the Hot Chips 32 keynote.

To make it clear:
I don't expect it immediately!

But I find it possible that AMD might release 8 Cores next week, 12 Cores in July...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"