Gaming YouTuber needs budget PC for Video Editing & Streaming

Pedakin
SO, i'm in the market for a new PC for $500 or less (mind you that is stretching it already). And I know very little about PC parts or building a PC at all but I think i'll be able to put it all together once I get it. So my only problem is that I need to know what is the ABSOLUTE BEST PC I can build for $500 or less? I've already seen ALL the videos by your favorite YouTuber(s), i've searched every Reddit thread. Googled anything possible. As of May 15th 2019 this is the best PC i've seen build so far: https://i.imgur.com/urMqy3m.png  Are there ANY pieces I can pickup for the same price or lower that would give better performance? I ask you all in this comment section because i'm 99% sure you're all more knowledgeable than me on this subject matter. As-salāmu ʿalaykum to all.
ALSO this is for sale locally to me on craigslist, should I cop it? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sop/6880307854.html

This is very questionable price range for streaming/editing.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

This is very questionable price range for streaming/editing.

I mean I actively stream 720p 30Frames with THESE specs: rWtQMMX.png

So i'd like to believe I can get something SLIGHTLY above low tier for this price, I mean already what i've shown in the screenshot should be enough to get me to 720p 60FPS or 1080p 30Frames on low settings if i'm lucky.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($118.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 570 4 GB AREZ STRIX OC Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.97 @ Newegg) 
Total: $502.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-16 18:49 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($118.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 570 4 GB AREZ STRIX OC Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.97 @ Newegg) 
Total: $502.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-16 18:49 EDT-0400

Thank you! I'm curious, do you believe that if I mixed these 2 builds (the one you just sent me and the one I sent in my original posts Imgur link) with solely the cheaper options of the 2 that i'd end up with a still functioning compatible PC?

39 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Thank you! I'm curious, do you believe that if I mixed these 2 builds (the one you just sent me and the one I sent in my original posts Imgur link) with solely the cheaper options of the 2 that i'd end up with a still functioning compatible PC?

It'll work, but it'll be better if you can stick with the better pro4 board and 16gb of ram.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

53 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Those newegg combo deals are pretty killer!

And you know that I'm like Sherlock Holmes on the ground with a magnifying glass looking for them  ?

8 hours ago, Bearmann said:

And you know that I'm like Sherlock Holmes on the ground with a magnifying glass looking for them  ?

Oh man everything was looking so amazing until the end "ERROR The item(s) in your shopping cart does not qualify for the discount with the promo code EMCTAUB53 you've entered. Please check again or contact customer service." feeeeeeeeeeels bad man.

9 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Those newegg combo deals are pretty killer!

Indeed! For what they are getting off and the price they are asking? Extremely reasonable.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, Herman Mcpootis said:

It'll work, but it'll be better if you can stick with the better pro4 board and 16gb of ram.

I see.. thanks!

8 hours ago, Bearmann said:

Also I think it's worth mentioning I bought a "Thermaltake Commander G41" Case from the thrift store brand new many months ago, would that be compatible?

23 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Oh man everything was looking so amazing until the end "ERROR The item(s) in your shopping cart does not qualify for the discount with the promo code  you've entered. Please check again or contact customer service." feeeeeeeeeeels bad man.

What product was EMCTAUB53 for? Are you signed up for Newegg emails? You have to be on the email list to use the codes, and that may take several days after you sign up. The codes don't last forever, maybe a day or two or three on average. Sometimes they sell out of an item before the promotion officially ends. Only the PSU needed a code. The combo's didn't require one.

The promo code for the PSU is working. Just tried it.

24 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Also I think it's worth mentioning I bought a "Thermaltake Commander G41" Case from the thrift store brand new many months ago, would that be compatible?

Yes, it should be fine. It's an ATX case so the Micro ATX board in the combo will look a little small through the case window, but it will mount fine in it. You may need some standoffs or screws if the case is missing them. By the way, on the Corsair PSU, the promo code was only for $5, the other $15 in savings comes from a rebate that you have to file.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:25 PM, Pedakin said:

Oh man everything was looking so amazing until the end "ERROR The item(s) in your shopping cart does not qualify for the discount with the promo code EMCTAUB53 you've entered. Please check again or contact customer service." feeeeeeeeeeels bad man.

Did you end up buying anything besides the case?

On 5/24/2019 at 5:37 AM, Bearmann said:

Did you end up buying anything besides the case?

I bought absolutely nothing. I still have my Thermaltake Commander G41 I got from the thriftstore, on my other thread: 

Someone directed me to waiting until AFTER June 1st on the hopes that things will drop in price vastly due to all the new stuff coming out, I figure there's no harm in waiting (unless they go up miraculously). So that's what i've decided on doing, even though I REALLY don't want to lol.

Yes, the AMD announcements are this week, but the chips may not be available until July. We’ll have to see what happens to prices and when. That was a lot of computer for $500 though. It will be difficult to match or beat it by any significant amount though, but I’ll try when you are ready.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, Bearmann said:

Yes, the AMD announcements are this week, but the chips may not be available until July. We’ll have to see what happens to prices and when. That was a lot of computer for $500 though. It will be difficult to match or beat it by any significant amount though, but I’ll try when you are ready.

I'm willing and awaiting instruction.

6 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

I'm willing and awaiting instruction.

Well, the new Ryzen chips won't be out until July 7th. I would expect more pressure on prices as they get closer, but with tarriffs, etc. no one knows.The previous build is arround $550 now, but if you can't wait until July, I'll take a look at current promotions. Do you live near a Micro Center?

11 hours ago, Bearmann said:

Well, the new Ryzen chips won't be out until July 7th. I would expect more pressure on prices as they get closer, but with tarriffs, etc. no one knows.The previous build is arround $550 now, but if you can't wait until July, I'll take a look at current promotions. Do you live near a Micro Center?

Hey so i'm going to end up buying everything tomorrow do you think there's something worthwhile getting from this post?: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sop/d/el-cerrito-gaming-computer-part/6904985079.html

6 hours ago, Pedakin said:

Hey so i'm going to end up buying everything tomorrow do you think there's something worthwhile getting from this post?: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sop/d/el-cerrito-gaming-computer-part/6904985079.html

Probably not. The RAM is too slow. The MB can't use the new Ryzen 3000 chips in case you want to upgrade in the future. The PSU is small form factor. Let me see what I can work up. Still $500? Do you live near a Micro Center?

I assume you still have the Thermaltake case? If so, this is slightly over-budget but you can get it down by going used for the RX580 (look for the Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+ as those are the best cooler designs for AMD cards)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($117.40 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Corsair)
Total: $531.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-07 09:06 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

BigRom's build is nice. Here is another. You could buy that used RX 580 on Craigslist which would be an upgrade from the RX 570 in this build. That would give you the better CPU from this build and the better GPU from BigRom's build (and save $25.)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (Newegg Promo $53.99)
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 570 8 GB ARMOR MK2 Video Card  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (Frys Promo $44.99)
Total: $503.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-07 09:13 EDT-0400

Newegg Intel Promo Code EMCTBTC24.

https://www.frys.com/product/9623183?nearbyStoreName=false&site=frilanding060719

Do you get Frys emails for the promo code?

If you are not going to overclock the Ryzen 2600, then this Intel build will be better for gaming for about $10 more. The other components remain the same. You don't have to get the cooler, but the 9400F is kinda loud without it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  (Newegg Combo $199.98)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Newegg Combo $0.00)
Total: $224.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-07 10:08 EDT-0400

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.3914540

That Craigslist build is not bad. I don't see the Ryzen priced. It has too much RAM for your needs. The RAM is slow at only 2400. You won't be able to upgrade that MB to a Ryzen 3000 chip. It needs a decent sized SSD (at least 250 GB.) If it is working and includes an SSD, $300 is probably reasonable. $250 would be better.