How to connect speakers and sub with RCA inputs to single 3.5mm jack?

PepsterHD

Hey all,

I have some Edifier 1700BT that has an RCA input at the back, and I also have a Klipsch KSW-10 Subwoofer with the same input.

My question is - how do I get both separate RCA cables (they both go to a 3.5mm jack from the Red & White that plug into both devices) to combine both L & R signals from both the Sub & Speakers, to go into a single 3.5mm jack into my phone to play music coming out of the speakers and the sub?

Sorry if I'm being redundant, I'm trying to relay what I want to do as clearly as possible.

I would split the 3.5mm 3-wire plug into L and R RCA plugs. Split those into a pair of RCA wires each, one set to the Edifier, another set to the subwoofer, where you can Y the L and R channels back together if it has a single input that's analog, not digital.

6 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

I would split the 3.5mm 3-wire plug into L and R RCA plugs. Split those into a pair of RCA wires each, one set to the Edifier, another set to the subwoofer, where you can Y the L and R channels back together if it has a single input that's analog, not digital.

Sorry I'm a bit confused, 

What do I need to buy? Sorry if my question is complicated but basically what I want to do is play music to my speaker and sub from my phone. The speaker & sub have an RCA input on both.

1 minute ago, PepsterHD said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused, 

What do I need to buy? Sorry if my question is complicated but basically what I want to do is play music to my speaker and sub from my phone. The speaker & sub have an RCA input on both.

Does the subwoofer have a single RCA input for a mono signal, or does it have left and right separate inputs?

2 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Does the subwoofer have a single RCA input for a mono signal, or does it have left and right separate inputs?

It has L&R

You can either use a 3.5 to RCA cable and then two RCA splitters and RCA cables or use a 3.5mm splitter and two 3.5mm to RCA cables.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 hours ago, PepsterHD said:

Hey all,

I have some Edifier 1700BT that has an RCA input at the back, and I also have a Klipsch KSW-10 Subwoofer with the same input.

My question is - how do I get both separate RCA cables (they both go to a 3.5mm jack from the Red & White that plug into both devices) to combine both L & R signals from both the Sub & Speakers, to go into a single 3.5mm jack into my phone to play music coming out of the speakers and the sub?

Sorry if I'm being redundant, I'm trying to relay what I want to do as clearly as possible.

Get 1 x 3.5mm to 2X rca cable https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Cable/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=3.5mm+to+rca&qid=1557766479&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Get 2 x 1 rca to 2 rca cable's https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-Subwoofer-Splitter-Connectors-Extension/dp/B01LZVLBY3/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=1+female+to+2+male+rca&qid=1557766603&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Get two RCA extenders (to go to the subwoofer) https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Subwoofer-Analogue-Shielded-KabelDirekt/dp/B00RXNVI62/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=rca+extender&qid=1557766933&refinements=p_89%3AKabelDirekt&rnid=2528832011&s=gateway&sr=8-2

plug the 3.5mm to 2x rca into the pc, then plug the two rca splitters into the 3.5mm to rca cable, then attach one extender to 2 of the rca's coming off the splitter, then the other two rca's go into the speakers, like this: (yes its bloody AWFUL)image.png.fb1aa6e7821b9550f8db331a5b00285b.png

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)