780 TI: ASUS Direct CU II vs EVGA Classified

Go to solution Solved by _ASSASSIN_,

that's basically what i wanted to know... so i guess the classifieds would be better?? ... i know it's a lottery... but at least with the classified i have a chance of a higher overclock granted i get a good chip...

yep, get the classified, it has absolutely overkill components, with an already cherry picked chip

I'm in between these 2 cards... which one should i pick?? ... the price difference isn't an issue really... and i'm NOT interested in AMD cards... so... ASUS or EVGA for this?? and why?? ...Thanks in advanced!!

Waiting...

Both are good cards, in the long run it's really up to you the buyer to decide in terms of aesthetics I would go for the asus one. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Both are good cards, in the long run it's really up to you the buyer to decide in terms of aesthetics I would go for the asus one. 

What about overclocking?? I want to overclock them as much as possible!! ... with which one will i have more headroom??

Waiting...

What about overclocking?? I want to overclock them as much as possible!! ... with which one will i have more headroom??

I would say the asus one, and in terms of overclocking by a good margin... It's down to pure silicon lottery. If you get a good card that can overclock well then YAY! if you don't then bleh.. It's still a beast of a card though. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

the asus one is good, love the build quality and aesthetics ^.^

hellooooooooo

Either, I personally like the aesthetics of the DCU2 one, but EVGA has a pretty sweet case badge, stickers and a cool poster with their cards. 

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I looked at ASUS DCU II before i looked at the Classified... i'm not sure which one is better... the classy has higher clock speeds and apparently very good temps... but idk how much headroom i'd have for further overclocking... anyone that owns a Classified that can maybe give me some feedback?? ... i was set on DCUII but i got my doubts when i saw the classified... i think both of them look great!!

Waiting...

I would say the asus one, and in terms of overclocking by a good margin... It's down to pure silicon lottery. If you get a good card that can overclock well then YAY! if you don't then bleh.. It's still a beast of a card though. 

basically what nuroknight said, but the classified has a better chance of overclocking higher than the DirectCUII

basically what nuroknight said, but the classified has a better chance of overclocking higher than the DirectCUII

that's basically what i wanted to know... so i guess the classifieds would be better?? ... i know it's a lottery... but at least with the classified i have a chance of a higher overclock granted i get a good chip...

Waiting...

yep, get the classified, it has absolutely overkill components, with an already cherry picked chip

Thanks!! :D

Waiting...

I have a Classified 780 Hydro Copper with modified BIOS to 1.212v and I can use Classified Voltage Tuner to get 1.35V. If you buy a EVBot somewhere you can get it to 1.5v but I wouldn't recommend that on air.

With 1.35v I'm stable at 1480 core and around 1850 memory (+850). That's about the limits I can go unless I get an EVBot.

Be forewarned, you won't get much more out of the Classified out of the box without flashing the LN2 BIOS. Without flashing the Classified basically overclocks to around the same as all 780's, maybe slightly higher.

I play at 2560x1440 and the Classy is a beast for just about every game out there.