Repair strum bar on guitar hero controller

Hi everyone. I just dug out my old guitar hero controller and I am trying to get it working again. The issue I am having is that none of the “up” strums are working. I took apart the guitar (pics below) to show what I’m working with. I’m guessing it’s the switch that has died and needs to be replaced. Anyone here have any thoughts in the best way to do this? Thanks!!

EE075B32-ACB4-4E70-8448-219807B43A25.jpeg

ED72CEA1-7309-4B0D-AFE2-CEAEEAA281F9.jpeg

1D603AF0-34E6-47D7-96DC-8EFE156B6A90.jpeg

9223D3AD-4A8A-4498-AF12-0F499505CE64.jpeg

D5DBB928-05E1-4D0A-A810-6E0231DDE33C.jpeg

92E6AAE1-FF28-46F9-B656-950912D72613.jpeg

check all the solder joints and wire connections everywhere. If you can, check if continuity is made and broken by both of the switches with a multimeter.

ASU

6 hours ago, 3 Minute Reviewer said:

Hi everyone. I just dug out my old guitar hero controller and I am trying to get it working again. The issue I am having is that none of the “up” strums are working. I took apart the guitar (pics below) to show what I’m working with. I’m guessing it’s the switch that has died and needs to be replaced. Anyone here have any thoughts in the best way to do this? Thanks!!

Hi, if you know its the switch, and you feel confident that you can replace the switch, I think they are 'alps' switches (found on the google)

I found some on ebay for $1.50 a pop.

switch link

Hope this helps, I'm not 100% sure if its a perfect replacement, your switches look like they have 3 contacts, the alps keyboard switches only have 2. From what I can tell the third lead isn't connected to anything, its there more for stability, so you might be ok.