Need assistance in buying monitor for pc, ps3 and xbox 360

Drake

HI guys, im planning to buy a new monitor which supports 1080 resolution for my pc and console gaming, i need ur help in deciding which one to buy.

preferred screen size is 24 and above. i dont mind if u suggest a tv provided it is good. price can go upto 400-450$.

PS: i will connect my ps3 and xbox 360 to it, i play games like assassins creed, uncharted, mass effect, call of duty, crysis..,

Thank u :)

Depends what you're looking for. If you're more into fast-paced twitch gaming, then you'll want a TN panel. Something like BenQ's MLG model might not be a bad fit. If you want better colours and viewing angles, something like an LG IPS monitor should fit within your price range quite nicely.

I use BenQ XL2420Ts, and these are excellent gaming monitors. But like Linus said, they have poor viewing angels and colour reproduction.

My Monitor: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=66305&vpn=XL2420T&manufacture=BenQ&promoid=1224

Also, if you play more console than PC, don't have a PC powerful enough to push games to 120 FPS or not interested in 3D, go for the IPS, as the 120hz will give absolutely no benefit with Console as you'll only be pushing 30-60 FPS and that IPS will look beautiful.

Depends what you're looking for. If you're more into fast-paced twitch gaming, then you'll want a TN panel. Something like BenQ's MLG model might not be a bad fit. If you want better colours and viewing angles, something like an LG IPS monitor should fit within your price range quite nicely.
actually im using syncmaster 740 currently, so i dont know abt these view angle and colour stuff. i just want a monitor which provides good display for my pc and consoles. and im totally new to these ips panel stuff so if u could link me to the products it will be helpfulll

I use BenQ XL2420Ts, and these are excellent gaming monitors. But like Linus said, they have poor viewing angels and colour reproduction.

My Monitor: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=66305&vpn=XL2420T&manufacture=BenQ&promoid=1224

Also, if you play more console than PC, don't have a PC powerful enough to push games to 120 FPS or not interested in 3D, go for the IPS, as the 120hz will give absolutely no benefit with Console as you'll only be pushing 30-60 FPS and that IPS will look beautiful.

Do u use consoles on ur benq 2420's, also im gonna buy a gaming pc, im not interested in 3d though(but if it comes along i dont mind). if ur using consoles on it how is the experience, also since 2420t doesnt support 3d over hdmi how do u get 3d display from ps3??

I have an xbox and PC, and play that through the monitor. The experience is pretty good on the console actually, and you can get the version that comes with 3D Glasses, and supports 3D through HDMI here.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=68271&promoid=1224

However, that model is $520, so maybe look at the LG IPS Linus suggested :)

Make sure that the monitor you are getting has HDCP Support with it or else you won't be able to plug in and use your PS3 (not sure if 360 as well) with it.

Also can u give lg's model no

Make sure that the monitor you are getting has HDCP Support with it or else you won't be able to plug in and use your PS3 (not sure if 360 as well) with it.
yeah sure thanks :)