GTX 1080ti+i 7 8700k+ 240hz1080p

I just ordered my new pc and I'm concerned that I may be working my CPU to hard and that I won't be able to utilize my GPU as well as I should. Does anyone have any suggestions to combat this potential problem or do you think I'd be fine.

GPU:1080ti

CPU: i7 8700k

16gb ram

Alienware AW2518HF 240hz freesync  

1 minute ago, Boneztoknivez said:

I just ordered my new pc and I'm concerned that I may be working my CPU to hard and that I won't be able to utilize my GPU as well as I should. Does anyone have any suggestions to combat this potential problem or do you think I'd be fine.

GPU:1080ti

CPU: i7 8700k

16gb ram

Alienware AW2518HF 240hz freesync  

There is no problem here that CPU is one of the top on the line and to run that GPU is a piece of cake for your CPU

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Dude I didn't expect a reply that fast and thank you :D I was just worried because my friend told me that if I get a 240hz 1080p monitor i'd bottleneck or something like that.

Resident evil 2, Devil May cry 5, cod waw, fortnite, dark souls(when I get around to playing it) and other games that I might find

4 minutes ago, Saksham said:

what games are you playing?

Resident evil 2, Devil May cry 5, cod waw, fortnite, dark souls(when I get around to playing it) and other games that I might find 

13 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

There is no problem here that CPU is one of the top on the line and to run that GPU is a piece of cake for your CPU

Dude I didn't expect a reply that fast and thank you :D I was just worried because my friend told me that if I get a 240hz 1080p monitor i'd bottleneck or something like that.

20 minutes ago, Boneztoknivez said:

Oh yea, do I have to quote someone to reply to them?

If you would like that user to know you replied to their response, then yes, it helps! Or you can type "@" and then username like @Boneztoknivez!

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 minute ago, Boneztoknivez said:

Oh yea, do I have to quote someone to reply to them?

no. 

2 minutes ago, Boneztoknivez said:

should be fine with what you have

@ch3w2oy thanks!! I'm new to this site but ik that the youtuber that runs it is pretty knowledgeable so I figured i'd come here for help

@Saksham Thanks a million! I was stressing out over it

Just now, Boneztoknivez said:

@ch3w2oy thanks!! I'm new to this site but ik that the youtuber that runs it is pretty knowledgeable so I figured i'd come here for help

You probably wont see him around these parts but most users here can help you with almost anything..

Just now, Boneztoknivez said:

@Saksham Thanks a million! I was stressing out over it

Make sure when you type "@" that you select the username instead of just typing it.. A drop down menu usually appears with a list of similar usernames as you type the username, once you see the desired username, click it instead of just typing it out..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

@ch3w2oy Oh ok, got it. Btw would you guys know any videos that could help me with installing a liquid cooler? I'm getting a kraken X62 paired with a h500i and a ROG Z390 as the mobo. Im excited about this new pc but kinda nervous about building it lol

3 minutes ago, Boneztoknivez said:

@ch3w2oy Oh ok, got it. Btw would you guys know any videos that could help me with installing a liquid cooler? I'm getting a kraken X62 paired with a h500i and a ROG Z390 as the mobo. Im excited about this new pc but kinda nervous about building it lol

Don't be nervous.. 

The X62 should come with simple directions and should already have preapplied thermal paste.. Probably already comes with the Intel hardware on it like my H150i Pro did.. 

There's a few videos on YouTube if you need some reassurance.. Some simple searching will get you there.. I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna look any up but if you need help with anything, feel free to ask.. 

I did my first build in December and I've installed 7 different motherboards, 5 cpu's, different coolers, 5 GPUs, etc since then.. Never had an issue with anything.. There's not much to be nervous about, sometimes things just don't work and you have to send something back.. Don't just assume that, though.. Ask us on here and we'll help diagnose any problems you encounter.. 

I would recommend you watch a couple complete build tutorials on YouTube first, though.. Not everything will apply to you but the more you know the better off you'll be.. I was very careful my first time but after you get comfortable you'll learn your limits.. 

Here's one.. 

@ch3w2oy thanks you guys are great! I will definitely watch more video guides like the one you provided. And that's awesome that you've worked on that many different builds. You should record your set up process, i'm sure a lot of people would watch them ?