Pc won't turn on, replaced parts, still won't start.

christianled59
Go to solution Solved by christianled59,
15 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Front fans and not rear/top fans or CPU fans? That also makes zero sense, your PC is fucking possessed 

or maybe the front fans are connected directly to the PSU and not the motherboard

I solved it. It was the sata power. Don't ask me how that prevented the entire system from getting power, or only parts, but it was. I'll be returning this psu, maybe it's the cables messed up, or the psu itself. But thank god all this money isn't down the drain. Thanks for the help everyone!

This is an update from this thread:

I tested my psu after this and determined it was dead. I went out, bought a new one, and tested it out and still wouldn't start so I figured the cpu and mobo were bad as well.

So I just decided to upgrade to an i5 9600k, got an Azrock z390m Pro4 motherboard, and 16 gb Corsair vengeance ram. Installed it all, along with new psu and it STILL won't boot.

I removed gpu and still not going. At this point I'm really truly lost. I can't think of anything that is wrong and I've just spent $600 trying to get this up and going. I need this PC for work and I don't know what to do. I don't have any pc repair places near me. Please help.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

13 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

I tested my psu after this and determined it was dead. I went out, bought a new one, and tested it out and still wouldn't start so I figured the cpu and mobo were bad as well.

So I just decided to upgrade to an i5 9600k, got an Azrock z390m Pro4 motherboard, and 16 gb Corsair vengeance ram. Installed it all, along with new psu and it STILL won't boot.

I removed gpu and still not going. At this point I'm really truly lost. I can't think of anything that is wrong and I've just spent $600 trying to get this up and going. I need this PC for work and I don't know what to do. I don't have any pc repair places near me. Please help.

o____________________________________________O

what happens exactly? is there still no lights as your previous post? probably your power socket is damaged, or a circuit breaker tripped in your house

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

8 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

o____________________________________________O

what happens exactly? is there still no lights as your previous post? probably your power socket is damaged, or a circuit breaker tripped in your house

No lights at all. And I've tried multiple outlets all around my house, ones that I know work and it still isn't booting. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

What PSU?

The new psu is the Corsair rm 750x.

2 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

No lights at all. And I've tried multiple outlets all around my house, ones that I know work and it still isn't booting. 

That doesn't sound right, I don't know if that motherboard is supposed to show any lights even when it's off, but either way there's something wrong with power, maybe the power button on the case is connected wrong? or you connected your PSU to the motherboard the wrong way? I have no clue if you're an experienced builder, you basically bought a whole new PC, it should work

7 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

That doesn't sound right, I don't know if that motherboard is supposed to show any lights even when it's off, but either way there's something wrong with power, maybe the power button on the case is connected wrong? or you connected your PSU to the motherboard the wrong way? I have no clue if you're an experienced builder, you basically bought a whole new PC, it should work

My first thought was the front panel connectors. Rearranged them a bit, reconsulted the mobo guide, even looked up online to see if I got it right. I do. Just to be sure the case isn't broken, I tried using the screwdriver method to start. Still won't start. As in like no power at all. 

I've built and rebuilt a good dozen or so pc's, never had this issue. Everything is firmly connected, and I'm still just not getting any signs of life. Besides, it's not really possible to put the cables in wrong. They can only fit in their respective spots.

53 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

This is an update from this thread:

Really odd question.. but I've seen and known people to do this... with the PSU... are you using the cables that came with the NEW PSU?

Some people have used there old PSU cables.. and well PSU cables can be different and will not be compatible.. That is why I ask.

18 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

My first thought was the front panel connectors. Rearranged them a bit, reconsulted the mobo guide, even looked up online to see if I got it right. I do. Just to be sure the case isn't broken, I tried using the screwdriver method to start. Still won't start. As in like no power at all. 

I've built and rebuilt a good dozen or so pc's, never had this issue. Everything is firmly connected, and I'm still just not getting any signs of life. Besides, it's not really possible to put the cables in wrong. They can only fit in their respective spots.

That is really strange.. it doesn't make any sense

Try this just to confirm, try to turn on your PC then put your ear next to your PSU then turn it off from the switch on the back, if you hear a weird sound after a few seconds (probably no more than 10), then that means the short-circuit protection was triggered and is now reset

This is a weird one for sure ?

My only guess would be a DOA motherboard.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

15 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

Really odd question.. but I've seen and known people to do this... with the PSU... are you using the cables that came with the NEW PSU?

Some people have used there old PSU cables.. and well PSU cables can be different and will not be compatible.. That is why I ask.

I'm currently using CableMod cables, but I'm having the exact same issue with the new cables. 

21 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

That is really strange.. it doesn't make any sense

Try this just to confirm, try to turn on your PC then put your ear next to your PSU then turn it off from the switch on the back, if you hear a weird sound after a few seconds (probably no more than 10), then that means the short-circuit protection was triggered and is now reset

When I flip the psu switch, I can hear a very very subtle buzz, that kinda has a pulse. It's super quiet and it did this out of the box. When I press the power button, nothing happens, and when I flip the psu back off, I don't hear any noise.

13 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

When I flip the psu switch, I can hear a very very subtle buzz, that kinda has a pulse. It's super quiet and it did this out of the box. When I press the power button, nothing happens, and when I flip the psu back off, I don't hear any noise.

Im all out of ideas, as @ReggieGRS said take it to a PC shop, not the answer you would like to hear, but all this makes zero sense and we have no hands on troubleshooting to figure out whats wrong

7 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Im all out of ideas, as @ReggieGRS said take it to a PC shop, not the answer you would like to hear, but all this makes zero sense and we have no hands on troubleshooting to figure out whats wrong

Okay, so I decided to just plug in the old psu to see if anything happens, and to my surprise, the front fans turned on. Nothing else though. Soo new issue it seems.

1 minute ago, christianled59 said:

Okay, so I decided to just plug in the old psu to see if anything happens, and to my surprise, the front fans turned on. Nothing else though. Soo new issue it seems.

Front fans and not rear/top fans or CPU fans? That also makes zero sense, your PC is fucking possessed 

or maybe the front fans are connected directly to the PSU and not the motherboard

15 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

I solved it. It was the sata power. Don't ask me how that prevented the entire system from getting power, or only parts, but it was. I'll be returning this psu, maybe it's the cables messed up, or the psu itself. But thank god all this money isn't down the drain. Thanks for the help everyone!