Upgrade my OP 3T to Pixel 3a or wait?

just_dave

Hi,

my 3T's battery is getting worse by each day and i started looking for a replacement. Suddenly out of nowhere google announced the Pixel 3a with very good price tag. However, some things are not very nice like the plastic body (worried about bend test durability)聽and quite small battery. I don't want a phone that's significantly bigger than my 3T (152*74*7.5). I was thinking of the OnePlus 6 but it's year old at this point and聽pretty large, especially chunky with 180g.

I don't like聽Xiaomi and their communism-inducing MIUI, not a fan of the chinese, china-oriented brands overall.

Anyone knows a better replacement than the Pixel 3a?聽399 euros is just about right what i have no problems with spending on a phone, +- 50 euros is fine.

I do like having a good camera, clean OS and small footprint.

Thanks for any help!

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

9 minutes ago, thicc_boi said:

and quite small battery.

It's 300mAh larger than the one in OP 3T.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

41 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's 300mAh larger than the one in OP 3T.

? Op3t has 3400mAh, Pixel 3a has 3000mAh?

Just now, thicc_boi said:

? Op3t has 3400mAh, Pixel 3a has 3000mAh?

Ah, sorry, I was looking at Pixel 3a XL. You are, indeed, correct.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

Pixel 3a is about 150 USD with a trade-in. I wouldn't worry much about it being plastic as its a strong plastic. I doubt it'll bend in your pocket like Apple did with their bendgate.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:30 PM, thicc_boi said:

Hi,

my 3T's battery is getting worse by each day and i started looking for a replacement. Suddenly out of nowhere google announced the Pixel 3a with very good price tag. However, some things are not very nice like the plastic body (worried about bend test durability)聽and quite small battery. I don't want a phone that's significantly bigger than my 3T (152*74*7.5). I was thinking of the OnePlus 6 but it's year old at this point and聽pretty large, especially chunky with 180g.

I don't like聽Xiaomi and their communism-inducing MIUI, not a fan of the chinese, china-oriented brands overall.

Anyone knows a better replacement than the Pixel 3a?聽399 euros is just about right what i have no problems with spending on a phone, +- 50 euros is fine.

I do like having a good camera, clean OS and small footprint.

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, NurseMedusa said:

Pixel 3a is about 150 USD with a trade-in. I wouldn't worry much about it being plastic as its a strong plastic. I doubt it'll bend in your pocket like Apple did with their bendgate.

I can't trade-in here in europe, also i would have to use a forwarding address since german google store won't accept my non-german address.聽

I have decided to pass on the 3a. r/pixel_phones is already full of cracked screens after drops from half a meter and even some bent phones. My 3T endured a meter high drop on concrete tiles with slightly scratched corner of the alu frame.

I will probably end up selling my drone and buying the OP7 8/256 version. It's only marginally taller than the 3T, so shouldnt be a problem. 180g comes in useful for lifting and getting dem muscles :D聽I thought about the Pixel 4, but it will have the punchhole which is much more cancer聽than a teardrop notch imo.

11 minutes ago, thicc_boi said:

I can't trade-in here in europe, also i would have to use a forwarding address since german google store won't accept my non-german address.聽

I have decided to pass on the 3a. r/pixel_phones is already full of cracked screens after drops from half a meter and even some bent phones. My 3T endured a meter high drop on concrete tiles with slightly scratched corner of the alu frame.

I will probably end up selling my drone and buying the OP7 8/256 version. It's only marginally taller than the 3T, so shouldnt be a problem. 180g comes in useful for lifting and getting dem muscles :D聽I thought about the Pixel 4, but it will have the punchhole which is much more cancer聽than a teardrop notch imo.

OP 7 is a good buy especially since it's being released at a price cheaper than OP 6T, at least in India it is... But if you're so worried about display, why don't you just slap on a good rubber case... OP7 is still glass on glass so you have anyway, 2 glasses to worry about

44 minutes ago, 1212nO.ob1212 said:

OP 7 is a good buy especially since it's being released at a price cheaper than OP 6T, at least in India it is... But if you're so worried about display, why don't you just slap on a good rubber case... OP7 is still glass on glass so you have anyway, 2 glasses to worry about

Yeah, but OP7 is CG6 - AL - CG6, pixel is dragontrail + plastic.