Building my own custom Pc case out of aluminum

Hey guys! Wasn't sure whether to post this in here or case mods, so I just picked this one.

I've been designing my own custom Pc case in sketchup for the past few months, slowly learning things like which bits are needed to drill holes for motherboard standoffs, and what the dimensions are for a properly placed and sized I/O cutout.

This is the design I've come up with so far!

I wanted a nice triangular design. I knew it might be awkward to fit all the components I want inside that, but I took the time to make sure everything was spaced correctly.

Also, at the tip of each point of the triangle, there is a small rectangular cutout which I would use to mount the pc on the wall, if I wanted to do so.

Another design element I'll be implementing is hardwood panels to be fitted on the front triangular panel, around the fan cutout.

These would be interchangeable for different themes, with their own carved designs and led light accentuation.

For example, one theme would be Harry Potter. The case itself is a triangle, and the acrylic cutout at the front is a circle. So a wood panel with the elder wand going up the middle with some diffusive acrylic at the tip, and some blue/white LEDs to make it seem like the tip is lighting up, would turn the front into the Deathly Hallows!

Any thoughts/notes?

FB_IMG_1557161722930.jpg

FB_IMG_1557161718845.jpg

FB_IMG_1557161710316.jpg

FB_IMG_1557161705341.jpg

On 5/6/2019 at 7:15 PM, Agonylord52 said:

These would be interchangeable for different themes, with their own carved designs and led light accentuation.

The Abstergo logo (Assassins' Creed) is triangular, would make for a great "no, this is definitely not an illuminati pc, why do you ask?" vibe.

I really like the idea.

6 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

The Abstergo logo (Assassins' Creed) is triangular, would make for a great "no, this is definitely not an illuminati pc, why do you ask?" vibe.

I really like the idea.

Ooh, excellent idea! Thanks!