Best CPU gaming & streaming

Hi,

I'm plannig to change my old cpu for a new one. I am searching for a cpu capable for gaming and streaming at the same time using the cpu encoder instead of the gpu. For now, what I saw is that the i7-8700k is a good option but I'm not sure if the 9th generation is worth it to buy instead of the 8th. Which will be more efficcient for gaming and streaming?

Also I thought about the Ryzen 7 2700x, but I doesn't know how will performance.

Thanks!!

The ryzen 7 2700x is a better choice in my opinion,since it has 8 cores so it will handle better 2 tasks.Except if you are a rich boy and wanna buy the i9 9900K,then go for it.

i would wait for Zen 2 to drop in a month. 

in the budget area around the 2700x, the 2700x is best for streaming, but i would wait for Zen 2 as it would either lower price of 2000 series products or give a better CPU at the same pricepoint

It depends on both your budget and your (maybe a bit more specific) use cases. Will you be playing Minecraft and streaming it in 140p?

But generally I agree with @ManosMax13 Ryzen is the better option

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

6 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

It depends on both your budget and your (maybe a bit more specific) use cases. Will you be playing Minecraft and streaming it in 140p?

But generally I agree with @ManosMax13 Ryzen is the better option

I usually play Overwatch and LoL and streaming both at 1080p/60fps or 720p/60fps. Now I'm using the gpu encoder and sometimes I'm getting lag and with my current cpu I can't stream with the cpu encoder. 

Does the ryzen will be able to stream fine with good quality at 1080p/60fps and playing at same time?

Best CPU for gaming : 9900k

Best CPU for gaming AND streaming : 2700x

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

14 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Best CPU for gaming : 9900k

Best CPU for gaming AND streaming : 2700x

This makes no sense, if the i9 9900K is the superior CPU it will be better across the board.

1 hour ago, LordFarto said:

Also I thought about the Ryzen 7 2700x

If you want to do CPU based encode then the Ryzen 7 2700X is the best "value for money" looking at quality of the stream, the i7 8700K will game better and you can potentially use the iGPU QuickSync for streaming so the CPU gaming performance isn't affected but the quality will be lesser.

However CPU encoding for streaming is something of the past right now with RTX cards featuring much improved NVENC processing cores you can stream through the GPU with no performance hit on your game at all, completely off loading from the CPU.

That means if you'll have a RTX card you should use the NVENC and potentially go easier on the CPU with the i7 8700K or even a Ryzen 5 2600X depending on your display settings (like 1080p240hz is more CPU intensive than 1440p144hz which is still more CPU intensive than 4k60hz, the more CPU intensive scenario the more it'd make sense grab an i7 over the Ryzen however the other way around also is true)

Cheers!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)