ps5 raytracing? is better?

destroyerjkj

do you  believe  that the ps5 raytracing in the  gpu will it have will be  more powerfull from rtx  2070 and  2080 and  2080 Ti?

do  you  believe  that the rtx 2080 and  2080 ti will be dead  from   the  gpu  of ps5?

Just now, That_PC_Kid said:

Nah, it's a bluff. Especially if it has a low price point.

what  you mean>?

Do you really think Nvidia or AMD are going to develop a chip that can be cooled inside a playstation that will outperform a full 2080Ti and have the entire console cost in the $500 to $800 range?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, destroyerjkj said:

what  you mean>?

There's no the PS5 will have a low price point while having a GPU as good as the RTX 2080Ti or even 2070. I think it's a bluff or maybe they didn't specify something so that things seem good but when it comes down to it it won't be that good.

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Do you really think Nvidia or AMD are going to develop a chip that can be cooled inside a playstation that will outperform a full 2080Ti and have the entire console cost in the $500 to $800 range?

i mean what  kind of  raytracing  ps5 will have?  more powerfull  from 2080 and  2080 ti?

I may well eat my words here, but if you ask me, even with what will be announced at Computex there is no way to perform the kind of real-time ray tracing we see with DXR on an APU. And that's Xbox, a Microsoft platform. Sony's on their own to develop an entirely new ray tracing API, making the idea of "PS5 has raytraccing!!111!" even more implausible.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Better than the RTX cards? I dunno.

I could find it potentially plausible that the next consoles could do real-time ray tracing, so long as we keep our expectations in line with what a $300-500 piece of hardware could deliver. Remember, there's a LOT of tricks that not just Sony, Microsoft and AMD could pull on the hardware and API side of things to make that plausible, but a lot of tricks developers could learn to use as time goes on.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Better than the RTX cards? I dunno.

I could find it potentially plausible that the next consoles could do real-time ray tracing, so long as we keep our expectations in line with what a $300-500 piece of hardware could deliver. Remember, there's a LOT of tricks that not just Sony, Microsoft and AMD could pull on the hardware and API side of things to make that plausible, but a lot of tricks developers could learn to use as time goes on.

do  you believe  that the  gpu of ps5 will be better  from 2080 and  2080 Ti?

16 minutes ago, destroyerjkj said:

i mean what  kind of  raytracing  ps5 will have?

The problem with the term "ray tracing" is taken by itself, it's actually ambiguous. There are a few algorithms that follow the same general idea and technically you could call them all ray tracing. For example, the PS4 is technicaly capable of ray tracing, considering Guerilla Games used some sort of "ray tracing" in Killzone Shadow Fall (see slide 84 in https://www.slideshare.net/guerrillagames/killzone-shadow-fall-demo-postmortem)

The type that's likely used in games is known as path tracing.

more powerfull  from 2080 and  2080 ti?

Unless Navi has hardware accelerated ray tracing or enough shader cores to do it in "software", no.

As a reference point, a GTX 1080 Ti can be anywhere from 2 times to 5 times slower than an RTX 2080 depending on what's being done. These two GPUs are roughly equal in performance in traditional rendering otherwise.

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

The problem with the term "ray tracing" is taken by itself, it's actually ambiguous. There are a few algorithms that follow the same general idea and technically you could call them all ray tracing. For example, the PS4 is technicaly capable of ray tracing, considering Guerilla Games used some sort of "ray tracing" in Killzone Shadow Fall (see slide 84 in https://www.slideshare.net/guerrillagames/killzone-shadow-fall-demo-postmortem)

The type that's likely used in games is known as path tracing.

Unless Navi has hardware accelerated ray tracing or enough shader cores to do it in "software", no.

As a reference point, a GTX 1080 Ti can be anywhere from 2 times to 5 times slower than an RTX 2080 depending on what's being done.

do  you believe  that the  gpu of ps5 will be better  from 2080 and  2080 Ti?

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

the  cpu  of ps5  will  be better  from 9900k and zen 2?

intel  has anounced new cpus  for 2019? - 2020 roadmap?

do we  have  any info for  new  cpus? 

the  cpu  of ps5  will  be better  from 9900k and zen 2?

Not better. Maybe equal.

Also Zen 2 is a microarchitecture, not an actual processor. The PS5 is using a Zen 2 based processor.

intel  has anounced new cpus  for 2019? - 2020 roadmap?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14256/intel-9th-gen-core-processors-all-the-desktop-and-mobile-45w-cpus-announced

do we  have  any info for  new  cpus? 

There's a ton of speculation, "leaks", and whatever, but official specifics aren't really there. At least from AMD's side.

All you really need to do raytracing is an ASIC and the ability integrate it into the pipeline. Which is what RT cores are. 

Playstation is some time away, we will get a taste of what it offers with the launch of Navi this year. Though its really too early to say exactly what it will be.

13 hours ago, That_PC_Kid said:

There's no the PS5 will have a low price point while having a GPU as good as the RTX 2080Ti or even 2070. I think it's a bluff or maybe they didn't specify something so that things seem good but when it comes down to it it won't be that good.

RTX is a VERY small part of the 2000 series cards.  It wouldn't take much to beat them.  Most of the extra space went to cache and design improvements and most likely targeted a process shrink it didn't make.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator