AMD 2700X - RTX 2060 Build

joaolfrois

that tuf is going to power throttle, change it

the dual is meh, but okay at a good price

change your psu to a good 500 watt from the psu tier list

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

and why focus so much budget on the cpu when gaming mostly relies on gpu?

I'am a developer, and i will need to work with android studio / VSC / Angular Cli, thats why i'am also pushing to a higher performance cpu. You think the motherboard it's going to be a problem?

8 minutes ago, joaolfrois said:

Here a more balanced built in my opinion.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

There's a $300 mark up. Furthermore I do not agree with the motherboard choice (would have gone with an X variant instead of B), the PSU wattage is uselessely high and the RAM frequency is too low considerign we're using Ryzen here. Finally, the GPU could be stronger

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

5 minutes ago, joaolfrois said:

I'am a developer, and i will need to work with android studio / VSC / Angular Cli, thats why i'am also pushing to a higher performance cpu. You think the motherboard it's going to be a problem?

i do think it'll... but there should be other options around the same price like the pro4 or aorus m

psu will probably too down the line... there are no good bronze rated evga units for this

17 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

There's a $300 mark up. Furthermore I do not agree with the motherboard choice (would have gone with an X variant instead of B), the PSU wattage is uselessely high and the RAM frequency is too low considerign we're using Ryzen here. Finally, the GPU could be stronger

I plan to upgrade in a 1year, maybe 1 and half, to a rtx 2080 and 2x 16gb . But i need a pc asap since my laptop just died and i need something to work with . Thats why i'am doing this build, it's jsut a "temporary" build. With that in mind, do you think i will need better ram for now and better 2060 gpu?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.85 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.90 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock - Radeon VII 16 GB Phantom Gaming X Video Card  ($686.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($50.03 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MWE Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1298.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-24 06:41 EDT-0400

Small formfactor and really good price to performance

1 minute ago, joaolfrois said:

With that in mind, do you think i will need better ram for now and better 2060 gpu?

depends on your use case

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.85 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.90 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB VENTUS Video Card  ($694.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($50.03 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MWE Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1298.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-24 06:47 EDT-0400

2080, instead of Radeon 7. Roughly same performance but less Vram. 

Upgrade CPU down the line to a Zen 2 or after.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Upgrade CPU down the line to a Zen 2 or afte

doesn't it require a new motherboard?

12 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

depends on your use case

But do you think i should get a better motherboard and higher ghz ram anyway?

5 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

doesn't it require a new motherboard?

Not with AM4 apperabtly supporting 4 gens of CPUs. From 1st gen to 4th gen. And we are currently at 2nd gen. 

All it needs id a BIOS update providing the manufacturer puts one out, and at this point its highly likely especially with 400 series mobos. 

you think i should get a better motherboard and higher ghz ram anyway?

I don't know how much of a hurry you are in. I would probably just follow @GoldenLag's advice if I had the time.

But do you think i should get a better motherboard and higher ghz ram anyway?

Your entire build should be revised. Ive put out 2 excellent suggestions aswell as @Stormseeker9 putting out a good one aswell. 

Ed suggest going for one of the 3 builds. 

The build with the Radeon 7 is going to be the best of you do OpenCL related work. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Your entire build should be revised. Ive put out 2 excellent suggestions aswell as @Stormseeker9 putting out a good one aswell. 

Ed suggest going for one of the 3 builds. 

The build with the Radeon 7 is going to be the best of you do OpenCL related work. 

Yes i will try to go for one of yours with a 2600x. But i will need to drop the gpu price. Can i swapp it for a rtx 2060? if so, what model do you advice?

10 minutes ago, joaolfrois said:

Yes i will try to go for one of yours with a 2600x. But i will need to drop the gpu price. Can i swapp it for a rtx 2060? if so, what model do you advice?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mCx2FT/evga-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-xc-black-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-2061-kr

Cheapest on essentially. 

There arent major differences between them. You sure you want to drop the 2080/Radeon 7 for a 2060? You will save quite a bit of money.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mCx2FT/evga-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-xc-black-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-2061-kr

Cheapest on essentially. 

There arent major differences between them. You sure you want to drop the 2080/Radeon 7 for a 2060? You will save quite a bit of money.

Well for now i only have a 1080p 60hz monitor. So to go for a 2080 it's overkill to play with that monitor.  and i plan to upgrade in next 1 year / 1.6 years

8 hours ago, joaolfrois said:

Would this build work with a 2700x instead? 

Yes.

you could also wait couple months for ryzen 3000 in julyish area

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

22 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Yes.

you could also wait couple months for ryzen 3000 in julyish area

Hey so after some research this is what i ended with.

You think it is a good build ?

8 minutes ago, joaolfrois said:

I would go with the tomahawk motherboard which I linked in the build I posted. Power supply can be a RM550x. Plenty of power.

the rest looks good !

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

I would go with the tomahawk motherboard which I linked in the build I posted. Power supply can be a RM550x. Plenty of power.

the rest looks good !

I picked the strix motherboard because i can have a discount and because i'am going with the asus rtx aswell. Also some people say that Asus bios are really good.