What do you think about what's going on in Kiev?

MangoJuiceStain

I can't answer the poll in good conscious because I don't fully know what's going on there yet other than there's riots about the government? Which... for the most part I can understand why they would riot against the Ukrainian government considering their history the past 50 years.

wat

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Great, another liability to that circle. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Russia is typical invader. Every neighbor of it knows this. It's just one big tyrannic empire without any democratic values.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I can't answer the poll in good conscious because I don't fully know what's going on there yet other than there's riots about the government? Which... for the most part I can understand why they would riot against the Ukrainian government considering their history the past 50 years.

because they've wanted to join the EU for the past 20+ years and Russia isn't letting them and due to that, Ukrainians can't even enter other European countries without a visa. They want freedom basically.

Kiev is delicious

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

because they've wanted to join the EU for the past 20+ years and Russia isn't letting them and due to that, Ukrainians can't even enter other European countries without a visa. They want freedom basically.

Ah, same thing has happened before too. The f*ck is with Russia?

EU and NA and A and second A and Third A and SA are evil only Polar regions are good 

As someone in the EU, I cannot fathom why anybody would think joining the Union would be a good idea - especially in the long-run. If you actually held referendums and put the question of "should we leave the EU?" to the population of the member states, a lot of them would just leave. Britain and Finland are particularly disillusioned with the whole thing, but Germany aren't too pleased about bailing everyone out all the time, and Italy and Greece seem to want out too (ofc, as soon as it became a possibility the EU removed their governments and replaced them with EU bureaucrats). Spoke to some Ukranians on Reddit about it (http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1vug1k/eli5_why_are_people_protesting_in_ukraine/), some say the protests aren't about EU membership at all, others say it's about getting away from corruption and towards democracy which is where the EU comes into it - despite the fact that the EU is incredibly corrupt (can't even get its budget signed off by auditors because hundreds of millions of Euros go missing from the budget every year) and that the European commission is completely unelected.

I voted for the status quo since I'm strongly opposed to anyone else joining the EU, but that doesn't mean I think the Ukraine should necessarily jump into bed with Russia. I think they need to find another solution.

I've been seeing photo's and it looks insane over there.

I understand what @SMURG says that there isnt much to entice members to be in the EU .. especially the issues in recent years through the economic crisis.

there are benefits in being in one now though since it would promote trade which will help in the rebuild

this photo is from the guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2014/jan/25/riots-ukraine-protests-eu-police-in-pictures

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Poll questions are too black and white. I don't live in Kiev, i haven't experienced that and i don't know 100% what is going on. But i'm sure that it's not as simple as you try to make us believe in this poll. And Ukraine is not under Russian rule, i don't know where did you get that.

Signature is for bragging what's inside your case right? Hmm. so here it is.

Core i7 4770k @4.2Ghz Cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - 8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Genesis - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 4GB - 2 Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb SSDs And WD black 1TB - Corsair HX750 aaand that's pretty much it                                                                

Home network    http://www.speedtest.net/result/3261563457.png  -  Mobile  http://www.speedtest.net/result/3261560246.png

EU and NA and A and second A and Third A and SA are evil only Polar regions are good 

What do you mean "Polar regions?"

Signature is for bragging what's inside your case right? Hmm. so here it is.

Core i7 4770k @4.2Ghz Cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - 8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Genesis - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 4GB - 2 Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb SSDs And WD black 1TB - Corsair HX750 aaand that's pretty much it                                                                

Home network    http://www.speedtest.net/result/3261563457.png  -  Mobile  http://www.speedtest.net/result/3261560246.png

I've been seeing photo's and it looks insane over there.

I understand what @SMURG says that there isnt much to entice members to be in the EU .. especially the issues in recent years through the economic crisis.

there are benefits in being in one now though since it would promote trade which will help in the rebuild

this photo is from the guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2014/jan/25/riots-ukraine-protests-eu-police-in-pictures

You're aware that the pro-EU factions aren't even arguing for EU membership right? At least, none of the Ukranians I've spoken to on Reddit say they are. According to them, they're after a trade deal with the EU, not membership. A trade deal I can accept, but membership? That would be catastrophic for everyone. Unfortunately understanding about how the EU is so lacking that I can't get a decent explanation of the circumstances; it's possible that they need to join the EEC to get a trade deal with the EU and that's what all the bother is about. If that is the case, I would advise extreme caution since the EEC is notoriously restrictive once you've joined.

Having closer ties to the EU is one thing, and if that's what they want to do that's fine by me (even if it clearly isn't for Russia or the pro-Russian factions) but that doesn't appear to be the argument here. Like @Shobe said, the poll is too clear-cut and misleading in that it doesn't present the actual scope of what's taking place which is why I felt the need to justify my vote for the status quo.

What do you mean "Polar regions?"

ice land, denmark, finland, norway. the northern european countires. he has a point. those countries are the least corrupt.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.