Windows 2000 Installer doesn't recognize USB mouse/keyboard

InstaFire42

Hi

Im tryna install windows 2000 on my lenovo thinkcentre (2012) but it only has USB ports and no ps/2

furthermore, when i load up the installer and press ENTER, it doesnt do anything. does anyone know how to get the keyboard and mouse to work in 2000, or if theres any special version that supports it?

19 hours ago, Zagna said:

Random guess, is the keyboard and mouse plugged to a USB 2.0 port or 3.0 port?

its a 2.0 port, that lenovo doesnt have usb 3.0

19 hours ago, InsaneFire10YT said:

its a 2.0 port, that lenovo doesnt have usb 3.0

Do you know if those ports work in any newer OS installer? Or at all?

E: There's high possibility that Win2000 doesn't support USB2 out of the box, pretty much same way as Win7 and USB3. Quick Google says that support comes with SP4 to Win2000.

Edited by LoGiCalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Is it SP4? Pretty sure anything before that doesnt include the USB2.0 drivers. You could slipstream the USB2.0 drivers into the image. 

If it has a serial (RS-232) port, you could try a serial to ps2 adaptor if you have a ps2 keyboard 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Any chance of using a much newer OS, like Windows 7?  Unless you have some very specific reason to use 2000, you're going to hit many other issues along the way.