Buidling New PC would this work ?

Go to solution Solved by MeatFeastMan,

Oh here we go again, the FX haters come along to moan. I've got an fx 9590, don't take no notice of them.

RX 580 will be fine for the most part, you might struggle in one or two. But I can assure you now, it won't be as disastrous an experience as they make it out to be. There'll be a bit of a bottleneck but nothing major. And it'll still be fairly playable (I know, I've got a 1050ti with my 9590). And this video also backs up the fact that FX isn't a horrible chip when paired with a big gpu:

It could be better with ryzen or Intel, yes. But is it a bad experience? No. Ignore the FX haters. Get RX 580 and enjoy it.

ok well there are the parts below !

CPU: FX-8350 Already Brought

GPU: RX 580

MOTHERBOARD: asus m5a78l-m lx3 Already Brought

PSU: Aerocool Intergrator 500W Already Brought

RAM: 8GB DRR3 Already Brought

Return the parts and get a Ryzen build with DDR4 and a B450 motherboard instead. Change the 580 for a 570 if not enough money. Much better choice

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I'd get a 1050 Ti instead of the RX 580 then; highest thing that won't bottleneck horribly

NONO Get a RX580 it has better performance than the 1050 ti. if you don't have enough spare cash get a 570. SERIOUSLY!

25 minutes ago, Dynamics_XD said:

Yeah I didnt think before I Brought it

19 minutes ago, Dynamics_XD said:

I cant return them i brought a long time ago

This is a bit of a pointless thread then if you are asking "would this work" AFTER you have already purchased the parts (a long time ago to quote yourself) 

Essentially the only question that matters here is "Which GPU should I get?" in which case we should really know what GPU you currently have in the system.

We would also want to know what kind of usage you are planning to use it for.

1080p? 1440p? 60Hz? FPS goals?

Edited by Findiculous

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

Oh here we go again, the FX haters come along to moan. I've got an fx 9590, don't take no notice of them.

RX 580 will be fine for the most part, you might struggle in one or two. But I can assure you now, it won't be as disastrous an experience as they make it out to be. There'll be a bit of a bottleneck but nothing major. And it'll still be fairly playable (I know, I've got a 1050ti with my 9590). And this video also backs up the fact that FX isn't a horrible chip when paired with a big gpu:

It could be better with ryzen or Intel, yes. But is it a bad experience? No. Ignore the FX haters. Get RX 580 and enjoy it.

31 minutes ago, Dongwook23 said:

NONO Get a RX580 it has better performance than the 1050 ti. if you don't have enough spare cash get a 570. SERIOUSLY!

I know. I'm just saying that the 8350 would bottleneck a lot with the 580 and 570. I have a 570 myself; I know it's miles ahead of a 1050 Ti.

I'm thinking you meant "bought" :D

The only parts there that matter for compatibility are the CPU, motherboard and ram. So if the CPU and ram are compatible  with the motherboard then you're good to go, if that's what you were asking?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

4 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Battlefield V getting 137 FPS with an FX 8350? yeah right...

Also his GPU usage is always at 100% seemingly with the FX 8350, so really the 2950X should perform the same since the 8350 is already taking full advantage of the card, that's ofc assuming the footage is related which it looks like it is

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Welcome to reality, the GPU is at 50% with a GTX 1060 and CPU is above 90%

5 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Battlefield V getting 137 FPS with an FX 8350? yeah right...

Also his GPU usage is always at 100% seemingly with the FX 8350, so really the 2950X should perform the same since the 8350 is already taking full advantage of the card, that's ofc assuming the footage is related which it looks like it is

Regardless of whether the numbers are 137 or not, the video you've shared proves what I'm saying. It's around 60 fps. That is playable. He HAS an fx 8350, that is also the reality. And there is nothing wrong with that. I play Battlefield 5 every day, and it is perfectly playable for me at 2560 x 1080 with a 1050ti. He needs a gpu more urgently than he does a cpu and the rx 580 is pretty much the perfect pairing with an fx 8350.

It doesn't matter whether this is 50% and that is 82.755666%. None of that matters. What matters is whether buying an rx 580 would make it playable in games and whether the framerate would increase by buying that over lesser options. And the answer is yes to both of those. The minimum framerate most likely won't increase, but you can bet the maximums and averages will.

I've had enough of people coming on here saying the FX is a massive bottleneck and that makes it unplayable. Number 1 is true but number 2 is not. And people need to distinguish between the two. FX is perfectly fine even now and he should hold onto it like I am for a little longer.

17 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Regardless of whether the numbers are 137 or not, the video you've shared proves what I'm saying. It's around 60 fps. That is playable. He HAS an fx 8350, that is also the reality. And there is nothing wrong with that. I play Battlefield 5 every day, and it is perfectly playable for me at 2560 x 1080 with a 1050ti. He needs a gpu more urgently than he does a cpu and the rx 580 is pretty much the perfect pairing with an fx 8350.

It doesn't matter whether this is 50% and that is 82.755666%. None of that matters. What matters is whether buying an rx 580 would make it playable in games and whether the framerate would increase by buying that over lesser options. And the answer is yes to both of those. The minimum framerate most likely won't increase, but you can bet the maximums and averages will.

I've had enough of people coming on here saying the FX is a massive bottleneck and that makes it unplayable. Number 1 is true but number 2 is not. And people need to distinguish between the two. FX is perfectly fine even now and he should hold onto it like I am for a little longer.

I never said if it's playable or not, you can also play games on a 5 year old i3, doesn't mean you should pair it with any GPU you want, and you don't seem to understand what a bottleneck is, 50% or 82.755666% GPU usage do matter, it means you're not taking full advantage of the card, which makes the "upgrade" useless, since you can get a lower tier GPU and get the same FPS, and the RX 580 will most likely be bottlenecked depending on which games he wants to play and at what quality settings.

The reason the CPU maxes out at a certain FPS in a certain game is because it needs to calculate the physics and all the CPU related things for EACH frame, that's what a bottleneck is, if your GPU usage is low that means the CPU is already delivering all the FPS that it can deliver, and it doesn't matter what GPU you put in there, the FPS will stay the same, and when the CPU is pegged at 100% then you will get stutters, that's why it's not recommended to pair a GPU with a CPU that can't handle it.

Ofc he can increase the graphics quality to get more GPU usage, but in the end he will always max out at the same FPS as if he was on the lowest quality, it's up to him to do whatever he wants, but he should be aware of the performance he should be expecting.