OCZ storage solutions unveils their first product: The vertex 460 ssd

brownninja97

OCZ_Vertex_460_o01.jpg

You might notice that the about picture is a render, that is because this is a prototype. Things may change but the external appearance is likely to stay the same.

Evolving from the 20 nm-based Vertex 450, the new Vertex 460 uses the company's proprietary Barefoot 3 (BF3) M10 controller with state-of-the-art Toshiba 19 nm MLC NAND flash memory to deliver a superior, cost-effective solid state storage solution. With an emphasis on real-world performance across all capacities, Vertex 460 SSDs start fast and continue that way over time, excelling in write speeds without the use of synthetic software-based optimization.

The new series delivers excellent sustained and mixed-workload performance across the board whether the data is in compressed or uncompressed formats, as well as an accelerated and more responsive computing experience. Vertex 460 offers up to 545 MB/s sequential reads, 525 MB/s sequential writes, 95,000 4K random read IOPS, and up to 90,000 4K random write IOPS, while featuring sustained 4K random write performance up to 23,000 IOPS.

This is pretty awesome if you ask me, hopefully OCZ maintains the cheaper prices, lets see how the new OCZ goes.

Oddly this series only goes up to 480gb instead of 1tb which is becoming a bit more common, i wonder that maybe they have another product for that.

Did i mention you get acronis image tools free with this which is really good, i think acronis is one of the best for making images.

http://www.techpowerup.com/197122/ocz-storage-solutions-announces-the-vertex-460-ssd-series.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Right, thanks.

Doesnt mean they are safe, if they screw around then toshiba will give them the finger and then ocz is gone.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

SSD's are basically still in the water until we either get PCIe SSD's becoming more mainstream and/or SATA 4. This SSD is no faster or better than my now 2 year old Vertex 4. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

SSD's are basically still in the water until we either get PCIe SSD's becoming more mainstream and/or SATA 4. This SSD is no faster or better than my now 2 year old Vertex 4. 

agreed totally, i hope sata get their shit together and make sata 4 like 20gb per sec or something like that, i dont care if its not back wards compatible 

Listen if you care.

You post news like crazy.

Someone needs to get this man a 'News Reporter' forum badge.

You post news like crazy.

Someone needs to get this man a 'News Reporter' forum badge.

I can only wish, someday however, someday

Listen if you care.

hopefully being owned by toshiba means they put some effort into reliability, that what nearly killed them in the past

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

state-of-the-art Toshiba 19 nm MLC NAND flash

F***ing Yes! This is why I wanted Toshiba to buy OCZ, finally some decent flash paired with there awesome Indilinx controllers. Toshiba flash controlled by Barefoot and in a lovely OCZ enclosure. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

cant wait  for some next gen stuff  would be nice to load CS6 in under 2 seconds

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85