PC build (australia)

hey guys and gals, currently looking at a pc build and this is where im at with what parts that i want. i currently game on a acer helios predator 300 and it has its known issues and gets extremely hot still even after changing the thermal paste.

CASE: MSI Bunker MiDi

MOBO: B450 gaming pro carbon ac

CORE: AMD Ryzen 7 2700

RAM: team dark 4gb x 2 (2666mhz)

GPU: MSI AERO 1070 8gb

SSD: ADATA SU800 256gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb

POWER: smart power RGB 650W

Cooling: has 4 fans on the build but can add more if/where required (extra cost)

speaking to a builder (which has warranty etc) theyre looking at around $2400 (AUD)

now obviously they're cheaper to buy online and build yourself etc however im after the warranty aspect of it plus have spoken to them about upgrades etc in the future with potential buyback/cheaper upgrades as theyre able to make some money back selling my current parts off

is this a decent build? 

games i play are apex and BFV aswell as occasionally GTAV, but do have plans to play others in the near future, is this an easily outdated system or will it stay strong for a few years to come? 

cheers

18 minutes ago, MitchKelly1993 said:

speaking to a builder (which has warranty etc) theyre looking at around $2400 (AUD)

$2400 is a lot of money, a build i just threw together using the same CPU yielded this for less than $2000

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($358.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.68 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($95.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($80.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($749.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($153.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan  ($20.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan  ($20.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Total: $1944.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-19 18:38 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

27 minutes ago, MitchKelly1993 said:

hey guys and gals, currently looking at a pc build and this is where im at with what parts that i want. i currently game on a acer helios predator 300 and it has its known issues and gets extremely hot still even after changing the thermal paste.

CASE: MSI Bunker MiDi

MOBO: B450 gaming pro carbon ac

CORE: AMD Ryzen 7 2700

RAM: team dark 4gb x 2 (2666mhz)

GPU: MSI AERO 1070 8gb

SSD: ADATA SU800 256gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb

POWER: smart power RGB 650W

Cooling: has 4 fans on the build but can add more if/where required (extra cost)

now obviously they're cheaper to buy online and build yourself etc however im after the warranty aspect of it plus have spoken to them about upgrades etc in the future with potential buyback/cheaper upgrades as theyre able to make some money back selling my current parts off

is this a decent build? 

games i play are apex and BFV aswell as occasionally GTAV, but do have plans to play others in the near future, is this an easily outdated system or will it stay strong for a few years to come? 

cheers

-The case seems to have bad airflow on the front panel so I wouldn't recommend it

-Mobo and CPU are fine

-With this calibre of build 16GB is recommended(2x8gb). Also with ryzen it is strongly recommended to get RAM which is 3000MHz or higher

-That 1070 is a blower design card. Meaning it will run hotter(and at lower speeds), and cause more noise.

-Power supply is pretty low on the PSU Tier List so I'd suggest something higher up(Tier A/A+)

If I were you I'd just stick to building it yourself despite the lack of warranty, because you're overpaying by a very large amount here(not worth any sort of warranty imo)

Here's a build for $2400 AUD, has a 2700x, 16gb ram, 2080 and 6 decent fans(as well as x470 mobo)

3 minutes ago, BigRom said:

$2400 is a lot of money, a build i just threw together using the same CPU yielded this for less than $2000

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($358.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.68 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($95.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($80.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($749.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($153.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Total: $1944.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-19 18:38 AEST+1000

Like OP said, he's getting it built by a builder instead of him building it himself because he wants to have warranty on the parts. I agree $2400 is a lot of money for that build though. 

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Like OP said, he's getting it built by a builder instead of him building it himself because he wants to have warranty on the parts. I agree $2400 is a lot of money for that build though. 

its sort of a "pre determined" build that they have.

and warranty being wanted as i have a 17 month old girl who is in the peak of her life when it comes to wanting to climb up things and chase the dogs around so more so worried about being out of pocket, the extra price doesnt bother purely for the cost of warranty, not sure how the price conversation stacks up agaisnt other countries but it comes with 2 year warranty for system and parts + whatever warranty comes with the items themselves, 

e.g the MSI AERO comes with a 3 year manufactures warranty 

and with the issue of bad air flow i can get them to add a water cooling system later down the track if it needs to get to that point. thats part of the pre build that i want to do, incase of leaks etc

4 minutes ago, MitchKelly1993 said:

and warranty being wanted as i have a 17 month old girl who is in the peak of her life when it comes to wanting to climb up things and chase the dogs around so more so worried about being out of pocket, the extra price doesnt bother purely for the cost of warranty, not sure how the price conversation stacks up agaisnt other countries but it comes with 2 year warranty for system and parts + whatever warranty comes with the items themselves, 

I've heard good things about Aftershock Singapore, and they have an Australian branch. You could try checking them out(you can customise PCs on their website and have them build it for you with warranty and stuff)

Glancing over at their website, it seems they have much much better deals than whatever your builder is offering. I managed to get something like an i5-9400F and RTX 2070 for $2000 AUD with a bunch of RGB stuff and 16GB of RAM in there.

29 minutes ago, MitchKelly1993 said:

You do know the warranty comes with each component...

what you you are looking for is insurance mate - accidental damage something of that sorts 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

You do know the warranty comes with each component...

what you you are looking for is insurance mate - accidental damage something of that sorts 

I think what OP means is that if he gets it built by a company then if the computer stops working one day he can just call them up to fix it, instead of diagnosing the problem and paying for replacement parts himself.

Again I reiterate that $2400 is way way too much for the build OP specified, and there are other companies who offer the same service for MUCH better value(like the example of Aftershock I linked above)

13 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I think what OP means is that if he gets it built by a company then if the computer stops working one day he can just call them up to fix it, instead of diagnosing the problem and paying for replacement parts himself.

Again I reiterate that $2400 is way way too much for the build OP specified, and there are other companies who offer the same service for MUCH better value(like the example of Aftershock I linked above)

I totally agree with you. 2400 is outrageous for that specific build 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 hours ago, MitchKelly1993 said:

and warranty being wanted as i have a 17 month old girl who is in the peak of her life when it comes to wanting to climb up things and chase the dogs around so more so worried about being out of pocket, the extra price doesnt bother purely for the cost of warranty, not sure how the price conversation stacks up agaisnt other countries but it comes with 2 year warranty for system and parts + whatever warranty comes with the items themselves

Warranty does not cover physical damage. If your dog or your kid knocks over your PC and breaks out, it will NOT be covered by warranty. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450