Building Custom Reservoir for front or even top of case

Kevin_Changeling

i been seeing a couple Modded PCs with custom built front or size mounted reservoirs that cover the top to bottom of the case. is there a way to build these yourself as i can't seem to find any site that do builds for you. like what do i need, what materials am i going to need to buy, besides tools i got plenty of those. been using a view 71 TG and it looks great ,but needs more water.

14 hours ago, Kevin_Changeling said:

i been seeing a couple Modded PCs with custom built front or size mounted reservoirs that cover the top to bottom of the case. is there a way to build these yourself as i can't seem to find any site that do builds for you. like what do i need, what materials am i going to need to buy, besides tools i got plenty of those. been using a view 71 TG and it looks great ,but needs more water.

Welcome to the Forums!

For something like this you are best to commission work as it will require a CNC to be able to make a custom sized reservoir as the prevision required is quite high. There are individuals that specialize in that kind of work like Radikult, or Cold Zero. 

https://www.ebay.com/str/Radikult-Custom?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

https://www.coldzero.eu/

I built one of these for my custom case.   It has a front mounted distributor plate that could act as a reservoir.   It is CNC machined form two sheets of 10 mm thick clear cast acrylic (Perspex). If you want more volume of coolant you could use 20 mm thick with deeper pockets.

You will need 2 mm Section  O-Ring Cord to make custom gaskets. 

Some Loctite 406 adhesive to join the two ends of the gasket. (I found that you also need to sand around the joint area with some 200 grit to remove any adhesive that squashes out of the joint when gluing)

You may  need a G1/4 tap if you want to install standard fittings into the res.  

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/threading-taps/6022113

You will need to design the res to fit your View 71 TG case.

If you don't have access to a CNC router or  CNC machine you could send the parts out to get made.   

Do a search for  hans peder sahl  video with more details. "Making a acrylic watercooling distribution plate / Manifold"

You can see more details about my custom cases at. PC Design Foundry

wn4MCAyc_o.jpg

rCCXICfu_o.jpg

UFQri67z_o.jpg

4EYVSc88_o.jpg

w4R2Wk1V_o.jpg

U0fhuf4g_o.jpg

GJwVhYJy_o.jpg

fOGlrYie_o.jpg

hYQGrCi2_o.jpg

yjX9fGMe_o.jpg

ml9HpCYz_o.jpg