Motherboard has no extra fan connectors...

star_pilot475

Hey guys... so my mobo doesn’t have any extra fan connectors (only one 3 pin and the one for the cpu heatsink/fan). I looked at splitters that use sata power like this one ( https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Connector-Computer-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B07MJH2WQ3 ) and wondered if they really work or not. Any other ideas or opinions on this would be appreciated. ?

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Which motherboard is it?

Look at some fan control hubs that allow you to plug in multiple fans.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Which motherboard is it?

Look at some fan control hubs that allow you to plug in multiple fans.

It’s an HP Pavilion mobo-  Foxconn N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX

i hate it so much but it was free 

15 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Hey guys... so my mobo doesn’t have any extra fan connectors (only one 3 pin and the one for the cpu heatsink/fan). I looked at splitters that use sata power like this one ( https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Connector-Computer-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B07MJH2WQ3 ) and wondered if they really work or not. Any other ideas or opinions on this would be appreciated. ?

That's going to have your fan running at 100% all the time. Consider this instead.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

That's going to have your fan running at 100% all the time. Consider this instead.

That looks pretty good, it’s cheap too. This doesn’t need a 4 pin header though does it? Because my motherboard doesn’t have any. 

4 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

That looks pretty good, it’s cheap too. This doesn’t need a 4 pin header though does it? Because my motherboard doesn’t have any. 

Use your CPU header. They've been almost universally four-pin for a decade at this point.

Edit: Oh my God, it actually doesn't have a four-pin. There's this, but it looks like that's running 10 fans on a single header with no auxiliary power. That's a bad thing about to happen. The Silverstone should work, just make sure there's nothing alongside the fan header you're going to use that would block the connector from fitting on.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

There is not fan control using that SATA adapter. Did you buy the case fans yet. No, then take a look at those from Arctic Cooling. Some of them let you daisy chain the fans together and it just needs a single fan connector.

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F8-PWM-PST-Technology/dp/B00NTUJG62/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=arctic+cooling+F12+pwm&qid=1555528347&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Ok, thanks guys. Not having 4-pin is really bad but hopefully I can make this work for now. Thanks for all your help. 

3 hours ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

I would get one of those Y adapters for your fans, so you have an extra connection without all the bs wiring

depends how many fans he plans to run, fan headers generally are capable of handling 1 AMP of current through them so you would need to pick your fans based on the amperage each fan draws and the number of fans you want to have.

What you linked is a molex fan adapter and not a splitter. Powered splitters generally only support pwm for 4pin fans. 

What fans are you trying to power?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

Just 2 120mm fans and 1 80mm. 

Please be more specific. What are the model names? What kind of header do they use?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

22 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Please be more specific. What are the model names? What kind of header do they use?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry bout that. I’m not sure what fans they’re gonna be because I haven’t ordered them yet but I was looking at a super cheap case (DiyPC MA01-R) and it came with a couple of fans. I wanted to make sure I could plug them in and wanted to make sure I could plug in some others if need be. I know everybody is going to say “don’t get a DiyPC they’re crap” and all that but this is just to get it to look better before I consider selling it.

im not trying to get a super cool case that has insane airflow and everything because it’s just not necessary for this computer I have. 

5 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

Sorry bout that. I’m not sure what fans they’re gonna be because I haven’t ordered them yet but I was looking at a super cheap case (DiyPC MA01-R) and it came with a couple of fans. I wanted to make sure I could plug them in and wanted to make sure I could plug in some others if need be. I know everybody is going to say “don’t get a DiyPC they’re crap” and all that but this is just to get it to look better before I consider selling it.

im not trying to get a super cool case that has insane airflow and everything because it’s just not necessary for this computer I have. 

It seems like the included fans are 3pin from a newegg review. 

You can either use a molex fan adapter from the psu for 100% rpm or fan splitters off of the motherboard fan header: https://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-splitter-extension-cable-female/dp/B01F35XH2Y/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fan+splitter&qid=1555717547&s=gateway&sr=8-1