Water not moving in large loop.

I replicated linus's desk PC about a year ago. Water cooling has worked fine this whole year, and I went to do my monthly drain and refill, and now the water wont move. I didnt change anything since, and now for some reason the water will not move. I filled the 2 res's and the tubes all filled when I turned it on, but the water just swishes around in the pumps. 

Nothing is clogged as I can blow in it and have water come out the other port.

I have

2 ek-xtop pumps

2 400mm reservoirs

2 360mm rads

CPU block

GPU block.

20190415_192330.jpg

20190415_192327.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rev Games said:

-SNIP-

Take a photo of the setup, it sounds like it may be due to air being trapped somewhere in the loop preventing it from bleeding properly. 

Sounds like air in pump to me. It's probably just cavitating. Bleed that air out of the pumps somehow.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Take a photo of the setup, it sounds like it may be due to air being trapped somewhere in the loop preventing it from bleeding properly. 

edited and added photos. And how would I remove the air?

21 minutes ago, Rev Games said:

edited and added photos. And how would I remove the air?

When you are filling your loop since it's soft tubing elevate the res and if necessary try to move the components to see if it can dislodge the air pocket somewhere along the loop. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

When you are filling your loop since it's soft tubing elevate the res and if necessary try to move the components to see if it can dislodge the air pocket somewhere along the loop. 

I'll try raising the res's and report back soon

27 minutes ago, W-L said:

nope... didnt work. Also took the tube run from the pump to the radiator on the left and put it above the desk

1 minute ago, Rev Games said:

nope... didnt work. Also took the tube run from the pump to the radiator on the left and put it above the desk

Make sure your pymps are properly power and that they are running at full speed, you can try cracking the ports of the rads to see if it's able to release the trapped air. If you can move the components around the tilt them around to see if pockets of air are making their way around the loop back to the res. 

What's your flow path?

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

Make sure your pymps are properly power and that they are running at full speed, you can try cracking the ports of the rads to see if it's able to release the trapped air. If you can move the components around the tilt them around to see if pockets of air are making their way around the loop back to the res. 

What's your flow path?

FINALLY GOT IT! 2 WEEKS! that valve and flow meter I posted on the bottom of the desk. I pulled the tube from the left and blew into it, then got water flow and plugged it back in. Got the air out of the bottom. it was glorious when the flow meter started moving at mach 12

On 4/16/2019 at 5:07 PM, kidroc666 said:

why are you changing the water every month?

cuz I'm cleanly like that

If ur using a simple coolant like distilled + additives, u dont need to drain that often, once a year is more than enough.

if its a specialized coolant and/or has dyes and such then sure do it more often, maybe every 6 months at most.. but every month is overkill for sure...that is unless ur actually enjoy the process in which case have at it :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |