Submersible Pump over d5

So, as I go into more and more research on a custom desk pc, I've noticed one of the most expensive things about watercooling... the pumps.

Now what I want to know is a Submersible pump a cheap alternative? As Alex said here: "you could probably get a pump off of Amazon for $22." or something like that. I would plan to make some 3d printed adapter for the submersible part of the pump. This pump on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Homasy-Submersible-Fountain-Aquarium-Hydroponics/dp/B01LHC8UX8/ref=sr_1_8?crid=15182RWPDOCU5&keywords=submersible+water+pump&qid=1555283381&s=gateway&sprefix=submersible+%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-8) is $24 USD and has around 1500 liters per hours and headroom of only about 2.1 meters of headroom. According to this (https://www.ekwb.com/blog/which-pump-should-you-use-d5-or-ddc/) d5 pumps have about the same lph but 3.9 meters of headroom. How much does this impact performance?

PS: I know there is no PWM controller and it plugs into the wall.  

7 minutes ago, cbearking said:

-SNIP-

Pressure is what is most important for most watercooling loops. You would be better off to get something that is good quality and reliable than a cheap pump as that is the heart of your loop.

Seriously, how much pump do you need? Everyone's after the D5's when a DDC can easily do the job (for me CPU, GPU, 240, & 360) at 40%.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

honestly, unless you're going for a multi-GPU, multi-CPU, multi-thousand dollar build, there is no reason you should be concerned with pressure. back in the day... people did use pond pumps (just like they used to use straight distilled water) and they got along just fine. Rads just do not put up much of a fight when it comes to restriction. GPU/CPU blocks, now that's a different story. but again, unless you are going for A LOT of them... don't worry about it.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Instead of cheaping out on chinese pumps on amazon buy a proper D5 that will work for years without failing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Cheapo pumps do work for sure but they tend to be loud, and for a desk PC you really don't want loud.

D5 pumps are not loud, once you have all the air out of the loop so the pump isnt churning bubbles though it, its damn near silent, even more so if you suitably decouple it from anything that can transfer vibrations.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |