Cleaning you mousepad?

Avve1000

Heey!

As in title, how do you clean a Razer Gigantus for example? Is it ok to throw it in the washing machine or should you wash it for hand? Maybe not wash it at all? Pros and cons? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I tend to just get my mousepads damp with water, get some dish soap on 'em and scrub it, and then scrub the soap back out after a little bit of sitting with a lighter water flow.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If its a clothpad just throw it into washing machine with detergent. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 4/14/2019 at 6:18 PM, Avve1000 said:

Heey!

As in title, how do you clean a Razer Gigantus for example? Is it ok to throw it in the washing machine or should you wash it for hand? Maybe not wash it at all? Pros and cons? 

Ive put mine into a dish washing machine before.. seems to work fine for cloth and textile based ones.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

• 7 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 3:22 AM, Derkoli said:

Ive put mine into a dish washing machine before.. seems to work fine for cloth and textile based ones.

Really? It worked well?

I've read that it cant be washed in the washing machine here but, there was no info about dish washer...
Think it will work, how do you dry it?

2 minutes ago, Alebert said:

Really? It worked well?

I've read that it cant be washed in the washing machine here but, there was no info about dish washer...
Think it will work, how do you dry it?

Well, the one I dishwashed was a rubber type material, and I just put it infront of a de-humidifer for a day, seemed to work well.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Just now, Derkoli said:

Well, the one I dishwashed was a rubber type material, and I just put it infront of a de-humidifer for a day, seemed to work well.

Great!! Thanks for the idea.
I think today will be the cleaning day....=)

Just now, Alebert said:

Great!! Thanks for the idea.
I think today will be the cleaning day....=)

Np :)

Using washing machine for it? You sick fucks! 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 5:16 PM, Doobeedoo said:

Using washing machine for it? You sick fucks! 

why not?

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I edit my posts more often than not

43 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

why not?

It can damage it and it's very unnecessary. Just use slightly warm water with like baby soap and  scrub it in circles with sponge and then rinse. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

for me its a fine cloth and, i kid you not, windowcleaner. works wonders

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

I use cheap MTG playmats so I just throw them in the washing machine. haha

EDIT: And they hold up ! 

I got u a Asuna Catgirl - (Sword Art Online Mouse Pad) any recommendations for cleaning it?  It's memory foam and cloth.  I tried using warm soap and water in the past.  But I'm not sure if it's safe to clean it that way.  Any other recommendations

58638_P_1568689846.jpg 

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel