I need help with my VCR

Ofir aviel

Hi,

I have the Toshiba VE15, and I have no idea why every cassette I put in it, it just ejects it right out, but if I press play quickly, It does play, but I have no why to reverse the tape to the beginning so I can record the cassette from the beginning.

Thank you everyone for your response

My guess would be that the mechanism is either dirty or corroded. I'd suggest opening it up an having a look, see if anything is obviously not moving as it should.

Looked at some manuals for it, and I'm kind of at a loss.

Kinda wished that I could be there to figure out what the hell's up with it. I guess all I can ask is is the VCR ejecting the tapes directly after putting them in or ejecting them after the VCR spools the tapes up?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

24 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Looked at some manuals for it, and I'm kind of at a loss.

Kinda wished that I could be there to figure out what the hell's up with it. I guess all I can ask is is the VCR ejecting the tapes directly after putting them in or ejecting them after the VCR spools the tapes up?

I put the cassette in, it gets in, and make some noise, and then it ejects the cassette.

But now it became worse,

Now it takes a few power on and off cycles for it to ejects it, sometime it does ejects, and sometimes its leaves the cassette in, and just powers off itself

1 minute ago, Ofir aviel said:

I put the cassette in, it gets in, and make some noise, and then it ejects the cassette.

But now it became worse,

Now it takes a few power on and off cycles for it to ejects it, sometime it does ejects, and sometimes its leaves the cassette in, and just powers off itself

Hmm, alright.

I'm thinking that something on the board might be failing altogether.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

My guess would be that the mechanism is either dirty or corroded. I'd suggest opening it up an having a look, see if anything is obviously not moving as it should.

How do I open it?

I tried looking for screws on the bottom, but there aren't any over there

VHS players are notoriously finicky devices and when the mechanics get out of alignment (even a little) all hell can break loose.  It is often hard to find exactly where the fault lay if it is a mechanical fault or even one of the sensors (usually just mechanical switches) without a repair manual.

30 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

How do I open it?

I tried looking for screws on the bottom, but there aren't any over there

The screws for that unit should be on the back where  the top and sides are folded over.   The whole top and sides come off as one piece (a bit like an old PC case).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Holy shit what year is it? 

Open it up and blow out the decades of dust that would have accumulated in there. Provided it wasn't bumped/dropped/stored wrong, if it used to work, then it should still after a clean out

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

I know it has been a few years since I started this thread.

It's now 2023 and (somehow) the rubber replacement pack I ordered finally arrived today.

I replaced the belt and it played find for an hour or so, and now it's back to how it was when I first started this thread.

Does anyone has any idea what to do?