WHEA-Uncorrectable_Error ah well its known I guess.

TheGamingLawNL
Go to solution Solved by iruixos,

If you keep getting BSOD screens, upload your minidump file and post it here for us.

• Upload the dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump in a compressed archive (.zip etc) to the forum using the "Attach Files" button under the editor. This allows us to read the error messages and diagnose the problem effectively and quickly.
  • If you can't boot into windows, download a linux live usb such as ubuntu (instructions on putting it on a live USB here) and try to get the files

Hi guys!

Okay new to the forums but I am having a random issue with yes the Win8.1 version of the BSOD. The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I love it, cough cough. So here's the thing, I've had these in the past and then I somehow managed to have a faulty SSD from Samsung, they were kind enough to replace it. (They even gave me an EVO instead of Basic). Anyway, since 2 days after months without trouble these BSOD's started again.

Now I did overclock my PC but to a setting I've been running for a while which is done by an automated setting delivered with my motherboard. Because I am not good in OC'ing.

Program I used is called AI Suite 3 that comes with the Asus mobo's.

Here's the Specs:

Corsair AXi860

I7-4770k @ 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus VI Hero

Kingston 1600Mhz 16GB

GTX 780 SC ACX

1x Samsung 120GB EVO

1x Samsung 250GB Basic.

And some HDD's.

Case Enermax Fulmo GT

CPU Cooling CM EVO 212 double fan. (Temps are  fine I've checked those.)

Now reading through tons of google searches I saw the most frequent answer to be the OC. But I want to be sure so I came here, the forum with true knowledge :)

Cheers,

HonorguyNL

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Hi guys!

Okay new to the forums but I am having a random issue with yes the Win8.1 version of the BSOD. The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I love it, cough cough. So here's the thing, I've had these in the past and then I somehow managed to have a faulty SSD from Samsung, they were kind enough to replace it. (They even gave me an EVO instead of Basic). Anyway, since 2 days after months without trouble these BSOD's started again.

Now I did overclock my PC but to a setting I've been running for a while which is done by an automated setting delivered with my motherboard. Because I am not good in OC'ing.

Program I used is called AI Suite 3 that comes with the Asus mobo's.

Here's the Specs:

Corsair AXi860

I7-4770k @ 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus VI Hero

GTX 780 SC ACX

1x Samsung 120GB EVO

1x Samsung 250GB Basic.

And some HDD's.

Case Enermax Fulmo GT

CPU Cooling CM EVO 212 double fan. (Temps are  fine I've checked those.)

Now reading through tons of google searches I saw the most frequent answer to be the OC. But I want to be sure so I came here, the forum with true knowledge :)

Cheers,

HonorguyNL

Yeah its most likely the OC. Increase the voltage a little or downclock the CPU

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Yeah its most likely the OC. Increase the voltage a little or downclock the CPU

Will try to put it on Auto setting of 4.4 Ghz then, as I am horrible with this stuff. AI Suite 3 set the voltage to 1.29V now.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

If you keep getting BSOD screens, upload your minidump file and post it here for us.

• Upload the dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump in a compressed archive (.zip etc) to the forum using the "Attach Files" button under the editor. This allows us to read the error messages and diagnose the problem effectively and quickly.
  • If you can't boot into windows, download a linux live usb such as ubuntu (instructions on putting it on a live USB here) and try to get the files

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Will do. Thank your for the help!

If you haven't solved it yet or for other people having this issue, I highly recommend posting on this forum:

Windows 8:

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

Windows 7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/

If you are having software issues, these are the forums to post on as their are dedicated people there to look at your logs.

Everyone else above me has baisically said all of the things that I would have already but I wanted to say, WELCOME! I hope you enjoy your stay on the forums. :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Thought it might be good to give an update. So far no BSOD when on 4.4Ghz. I guess the OC indeed became unstable.

If nothing else happens in the next few days then maybe mark this thread as solved. :)

GW2: Vettexl.9726