Pascal performance on dxr

Shogunluffy_1982
7 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Why post? To compare.. You literally said in your first post to show performance.... Aka ours.

Other people get to see how it performs on varied GPUs if we share experiences but I made videos.

Videos under BF5, the tech demos, are quite short and the 3Dmark score is within the video end of run.

Uploaded at 4k60 60Mbps, Ruined by Youtube

Best to watch on a desktop environment where the bitrate allowances are higher, 4K/1440p 60 over 1080p Resolutions makes a cleaner video using H265VP9 over MP4, YouTube USES MP4 8Mbps or less for 1080p60, a joke.

1440p+ is usually VP9.

just wanted scores easy that way oh you only did around 1200 in port royal I did 800+ with a 1060.

10 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Why post? To compare.. You literally said in your first post to show performance.... Aka ours.

Other people get to see how it performs on varied GPUs if we share experiences but I made videos.

Videos under BF5, the tech demos, are quite short and the 3Dmark score is within the video end of run.

Uploaded at 4k60 60Mbps, Ruined by Youtube

Best to watch on a desktop environment where the bitrate allowances are higher, 4K/1440p 60 over 1080p Resolutions makes a cleaner video using H265VP9 over MP4, YouTube USES MP4 8Mbps or less for 1080p60, a joke.

1440p+ is usually VP9.

at  1280x1024

Desktop Screenshot 2019.04.15 - 09.47.41.26.png

On 4/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, Blai5e said:

Have to try DXR on my SLI'ed 1080TI's :) {Wonder if Port Royal will work}

Sli won’t work tho 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Somehow I think it crippled my performance on csgo the new drivers I mean or it's something else I don't know..

6 hours ago, Brass_01 said:

just wanted scores easy that way oh you only did around 1200 in port royal I did 800+ with a 1060.

That's a nice score,. but I wouldn't say 50% improvement in score is a small feat for this task.

http://www.percentagecal.com/answer/1200-is-what-percent-of-800

I've been playing BFV MP all day today with RTX enabled on Medium, Ultra elsewhere,. it's been fun, but my 4C8T CPU is lacking and it demands more drawcalls from it chasing past 70-80fps, limiting to 75fps did the trick mostly but sweetspot for me is likely 60-65fps somewhere with RTX Medium.
But I'm happy to wait a year or two for RTX to be a thing,..or the alternatives from other game engine creators or AMD.
The techdemo's are also nice to look at.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

That's a nice score,. but I wouldn't say 50% improvement in score is a small feat for this task.

http://www.percentagecal.com/answer/1200-is-what-percent-of-800

I've been playing BFV all day today with RTX enabled on Medium, it's been fun, but my 4C8T CPU is lacking and it demands more.
But I'm happy to wait a year or two for RTX to be a thing,..or the alternatives from other game engine creators or AMD.

I know what you mean ive done the bench again at 1280x1024 max I can run for now  and did  2339  in port royal need a new monitor using this one sucks...

On 4/14/2019 at 8:09 AM, SkilledRebuilds said:

-Snip-

The BFV video surprised me the most, since you were able to get 60 FPS most of the time with DXR enabled. Considering the quality differences (at least in the reflections) between DXR off and on and what felt like minimal quality differences between DXR Low and High post patch (though the video I watched may have not been using good examples), I dare say BFV is starting to look like a good showcasing of ray tracing even if you turn it on low.

Thanks for sharing that.

8 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The BFV video surprised me the most, since you were able to get 60 FPS most of the time with DXR enabled. Considering the quality differences (at least in the reflections) between DXR off and on and what felt like minimal quality differences between DXR Low and High post patch (though the video I watched may have not been using good examples), I dare say BFV is starting to look like a good showcasing of ray tracing even if you turn it on low.

Thanks for sharing that.

here's mine on the 1060 everything high and dxr medium 1280x1024 only rez i can go for now.

For DXR to be half usable on Pascal you really need at least 1080Ti. Anything less, especially 1060 is a slideshow. Where 1080Ti gets "reasonable" framerate. At 720p... At 1080p it's barely usable. But I'm fine with that. I could try it, had half an hour of fun with it and I'm back to rasterized graphics.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

For DXR to be half usable on Pascal you really need at least 1080Ti. Anything less, especially 1060 is a slideshow. Where 1080Ti gets "reasonable" framerate. At 720p... At 1080p it's barely usable. But I'm fine with that. I could try it, had half an hour of fun with it and I'm back to rasterized graphics.

on my 1060.

13 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Keep in mind tech demos are meant to show off what's capable. They may be using quality settings inappropriate for the hardware unless you have what they designed it for

Battlefield only uses ray tracing for reflections. And there aren't buttload of them, at least not in showcased scene above. And he's only using Medium preset.

Metro Exodus uses ray traced Global Illumination. Framerate will tank like crazy. Same goes for entirely ray traced Quake 2 (Q2VKPT). It's "ok" playable at 720p on GTX 1080Ti. At 1080p input lag is too high for comfortable gameplay. Would be fine for a Myst style game though...

Also, benchmarks and demos aren't absurdly overdone. Star Wars Elevator is really focused on reflections on all ends and it was relatively smooth experience. GI is what kills it the most.

Like I said, for really good experience, at least 1080Ti. For per game maybe fully usable, I guess GTX1060 can be an option.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Battlefield only uses ray tracing for reflections. And there aren't buttload of them, at least not in showcased scene above. And he's only using Medium preset.

Metro Exodus uses ray traced Global Illumination. Framerate will tank like crazy. Same goes for entirely ray traced Quake 2 (Q2VKPT). It's "ok" playable at 720p on GTX 1080Ti. At 1080p input lag is too high for comfortable gameplay. Would be fine for a Myst style game though...

Also, benchmarks and demos aren't absurdly overdone. Star Wars Elevator is really focused on reflections on all ends and it was relatively smooth experience. GI is what kills it the most.

Like I said, for really good experience, at least 1080Ti. For per game maybe fully usable, I guess GTX1060 can be an option.

hes using yeah im using that im aware not all games application  and such utilise all resources available at all times I know the 1060 is not the best to play this but at least you get to test it even that 1080ti won't do crap at dxr max setting the only conceivable option for the 1060 dxr setting are low and medium that's all.

Test Bench:

- Intel Core i7-6950X 10c/20t Processor at 4.1ghz
- Asus X99 Strix Motherboard
- Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 32GB 3000Hz (4x8GB) Memory Kit
- SSD Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB (OS) - SSHD Seagate 2TB SATA3 (Game)
- Liquid cooling system Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 280
- Power Source Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 850W Gold
- Thermaltake Core P3 Case

- RTX 2080 EVGA Black

- GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition.

sotr_rtx_1080ti.png

metroexodus_rtx_1080ti.pngbfv_rtx_1080ti.png

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

45 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

hes using yeah im using that im aware not all games application  and such utilise all resources available at all times I know the 1060 is not the best to play this but at least you get to test it even that 1080ti won't do crap at dxr max setting the only conceivable option for the 1060 dxr setting are low and medium that's all.

Ultimately, if you get playable framerate with DXR on GTX 1060, that's actually great. It means developers can actually start adopting at least parts of ray tracing for ALL graphic cards, not just GeForce RTX. Only this way ray tracing will get mass adoption. Limiting it to a range of very expensive cards won't. I don't have Battlefield V to try, but if video shows 60fps most of the time on GTX 1060, that's pretty good.

Had to lower Metro to 720p to get real close to holding 30fps locked. 25fps was common in super heavy scenes without reducing resolution a lot from Native.

Some scenes still drop to 26-30fps and recover quickly but the game is too soft with low Resolutions. Even though the lighting does look good it's too much sacrifice to enable RTX. GI.

GTX1070 used.

The train scene Digital Foundry mentioned it quite bad there,. but I held 27-30fps In those heavy train car scenes.

Expected as much though so can't complain.

Played the first two hours with RT GI at 720p with RTGI and Tesselation enabled, No Hairworks or Apex Physx.

BFV is the only "playable" game realistically with RT enabled somewhere.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

12 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Had to lower Metro to 720p to get real close to holding 30fps locked. 25fps was common in super heavy scenes without reducing resolution a lot from Native.

Some scenes still drop to 26-30fps and recover quickly but the game is too soft with low Resolutions. Even though the lighting does look good it's too much sacrifice to enable RTX. GI.

GTX1070 used.

The train scene Digital Foundry mentioned it quite bad there,. but I held 27-30fps In those heavy train car scenes.

Expected as much though so can't complain.

Played the first two hours with RT GI at 720p with RTGI and Tesselation enabled, No Hairworks or Apex Physx.

BFV is the only "playable" game realistically with RT enabled somewhere.

more or less test feature vs real rt cores.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trial Benchmark

RTX Shadows High

Can be done at 720P, use 30hz Vsync.

Pretend a PS3 Pro exists..

Uploading a non Bench Gameplay video at the moment with 45mins of a 30fps Lock with Maxed out settings and RTX High.

Game swings FPS a lot like BFV does. Recommend a 30-50fps Cap.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:50 PM, fasauceome said:

I'm definitely gonna need to find the nearest ray tracing benchmark and put my GPU to the test, shouldn't be too shabby.

3Dmark's RTX benchmark is fairly unrealistic and punishes non RTX GPUs too much.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

45mins of a 30fps lock

RTX High Shadows in Tomb Raider

OSD Available to Suss GPU usages.

8 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

45mins of a 30fps lock

RTX High Shadows in Tomb Raider

OSD Available to Suss GPU usages.

60hz Vsync, another playthrough without the 30hz Cap.