What is funny about this?

you hear that sound? it's the sound of air in a pump, you never want that, this guy is a complete moron

you hear that sound? it's the sound of air in a pump, you never want that, this guy is a complete moron

Ah, I was wondering what that sound was. How would you prevent air in the pump?

I remember watching this like a year ago. He's doing so many things wrong in this video.

That pump is gone and that CPU probably has overheat damage already. 

Error: 410

actually having liquid in the pump, this guy didn't get the liquid from the res down to the pump, he just left it in the res as is for the pump to suck in the air until the water from the res came in

edit, he also didn't use a jumper like an idiot and all his components are running while he is filling

actually having liquid in the pump, this guy didn't get the liquid from the res down to the pump, he just left it in the res as is for the pump to suck in the air until the water from the res came in

edit, he also didn't use a jumper like an idiot and all his components are running while he is filling

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that. You use the jumper to not make everything run or something like that?

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that. You use the jumper to not make everything run or something like that?

it's to make it so only the pump(s) runs

it's to make it so only the pump(s) runs

Another question: How is your pump ruined if you let it run dry?

Another question: How is your pump ruined if you let it run dry?

it's designed to a specification to push water at very fast speeds, if you use air, it won't have something to push against.

hes a special type of retard 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Me? I'm learning.

no not you. you are learning your fine. I meant the guy in the video. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I saw this video a while ago and I cringed sooo much when I heard the pump noise.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

I saw this video a while ago and I cringed sooo much when I heard the pump noise.

Ikr.

I've never done a custom loop, but I'm sure he wasn't supposed to close off the reservoir when he was filling it up. The air just got trapped in the loop and murdered his pump.

This is old.

But still funny.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Fill the res as much as possible making sure some coolant goes into the pump turn it on for a second and add more coolant rinse and repeat, when the loop starts getting full tap the rads and tubing to get rid of the bubbles.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Is it just me or does anyone else think he should've left the fill plug out so some air can get in?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Shouldn't have been a quote, but for those asking:

The pumps have ceramic bearings which the impeller spins on, they require water for lubrication or they can char and crack. You can ruin a DDC in seconds by running it dry.

And good god, what a horrible fate for that DDC. Crying out for help :(

dont you need thermal paste? or was it already on the CPU part of the loop?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

dont you need thermal paste? or was it already on the CPU part of the loop?

Thermal paste isn't required, it's just highly recommended. It helps the heat transfer between the two surfaces better since they will never be touching perfectly. There's also compounds that help it transfer faster, so there's that. And I don't think he added any, but you can't tell from the video.

This video.. The guy sounds like this idiot I knew about a year ago, makes me cringe watching him try to fill the loop. If you didn't notice, when he took out the res to shake it a bit, he completely ignores the top of it where the loop is choking itself..