How can I map a gamepad button to a keyboard key?

I'd like to map the RB button to tab while I'm playing Stardew Valley. I can't find a way to do it, autohotkey can detect gamepad inputs but it can't output them. I'm using a Das Keyboard 4 professional and as far as I know there is no software remapping software (similar to razer synapse etc) available for it.

Is there anyway to achieve this functionality? Either through AHK or other third party software (ideally with automatic game profiles).

Thanks

you could try using a software called JoyToKey which lets you map a button on your gamepad to a key on your keyboard, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work well because as far as i know Stardew Valley has a "Gamepad Mode" which is activated when you plug a gamepad into your computer, and since JoyToKey uses your keyboard instead, the game will most likely have to swap between Gamepad mode and Keyboard mode every time you press RB, which might result in a couple of seconds where you have to wait for the game to notice that you are using the gamepad again.

You can set that up in Steam itself. Just open Stardew valley with your controller plugged in and, open the steam overlay.

You should see something like this:

Spoiler

Moonlighter_w1hX0dP93Z.thumb.png.4d73b6c78558e6dd4fac64e476b5e80f.png

you'll need to go to Controller Configuration:

Spoiler

Moonlighter_wxTcPe6Qhe.thumb.png.fc0a79420d726d40e14cfc702af19c8b.png

and just click on the RB button and assign the tab key to it then click back and done.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

You can set that up in Steam itself. Just open Stardew valley with your controller plugged in and, open the steam overlay.

You should see something like this:

Hide contents

Moonlighter_w1hX0dP93Z.thumb.png.4d73b6c78558e6dd4fac64e476b5e80f.png

you'll need to go to Controller Configuration:

Hide contents

Moonlighter_wxTcPe6Qhe.thumb.png.fc0a79420d726d40e14cfc702af19c8b.png

and just click on the RB button and assign the tab key to it then click back and done.

I mean to do the opposite of that, in stardew valley if you use a controller you can switch the toolbar with the shoulder buttons on a controller but there is no way to do it with the kb+m without work arounds, I previously had a mod that did this but every time the game updates the mods stop working.

5 minutes ago, Molten said:

I mean to do the opposite of that, in stardew valley if you use a controller you can switch the toolbar with the shoulder buttons on a controller but there is no way to do it with the kb+m without work arounds, I previously had a mod that did this but every time the game updates the mods stop working.

i think you can just press "+" to do that (not too sure about this one- the wiki page isn't very descriptive about this )

3 minutes ago, ranshaa05 said:

i think you can just press "+" to do that (not too sure about this one- the wiki page isn't very descriptive about this )

image.png.7fb4603d880a87769689352ca57dbc85.png

the + button activated the 12th inventory slot