144hz or 60hz budget.

TheEvanFactor

Hello.

I have been looking to upgrade from my 720p monitor to a 1440p monitor. I have noticed that good quality 144hz screens are a hundred or hundreds above the price of a good 60hz one. Along with this, I know my RX 560 wont be able to handle 1440p, so I know I need a new GPU. Using a 144hz means I need to spend even more on a GPU. In other words, as a budget buyer, is 144hz worth the price tag?

Thanks.

You would have a better experience with a stronger GPU and 60Hz panel.  144Hz is very nice it isn't necessary depending on if you play competitively or not.

30 minutes ago, TheEvanFactor said:

Hello.

I have been looking to upgrade from my 720p monitor to a 1440p monitor. I have noticed that good quality 144hz screens are a hundred or hundreds above the price of a good 60hz one. Along with this, I know my RX 560 wont be able to handle 1440p, so I know I need a new GPU. Using a 144hz means I need to spend even more on a GPU. In other words, as a budget buyer, is 144hz worth the price tag?

Thanks.

144hz 100% you’ll never wanna go back

39 minutes ago, TheEvanFactor said:

Hello.

Thanks.

I'd say forget the 1440p and get a nice 1080p 144Hz screen, the resolution difference in games is not very noticeable and if you went with a 1440p you'd need to get a way better card especially if you want to make a use of 144Hz. I'd suggest going for one of the G-Sync compatible FreeSync monitors because then it doesn't matter if you get an AMD or NVIDIA card. Also if you decide to get the 1440p remember that you'll most definitely have to upgrade your GPU way sooner even if you go with a better one right now.  

53 minutes ago, TheEvanFactor said:

Hello.

Thanks.

What kinds of games do you play? 

If it's mostly esport titles, then 1080p 144Hz all the way.  

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

17 minutes ago, Jakub_NF said:

I'd say forget the 1440p and get a nice 1080p 144Hz screen, the resolution difference in games is not very noticeable and if you went with a 1440p you'd need to get a way better card especially if you want to make a use of 144Hz. I'd suggest going for one of the G-Sync compatible FreeSync monitors because then it doesn't matter if you get an AMD or NVIDIA card. Also if you decide to get the 1440p remember that you'll most definitely have to upgrade your GPU way sooner even if you go with a better one right now.  

100% agree for me Performance over quality 

56 minutes ago, TheEvanFactor said:

Hello.

Thanks.

If you can spend $350 get the AW2518HF on Amazon Definitely worth it

2 minutes ago, Jedibrysen said:

If you can spend $350 get the AW2518HF on Amazon Definitely worth it

You can get a 240Hz monitor for sub $350? 
That's impressive. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord