Buying Mechanical Keyboard In Massdrop

_Hustler_One_
Go to solution Solved by Dissitesuxba11s,
7 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

How does Massdrop transaction system work? From what I catched is, they will wait till the number of the buyers match the number of the hardware stock then proceed to the shipment? CMIIW

If it is a group buy like for this keyboard, they will have it open for a month or so (manufacturer decides) and you join any time in that period, but will only be charged at the end. Sometimes, like for keycaps, they have minimum order quantities (MOQ) that they set that once it is achieved, often times they lower the price (not all group buys lower the price). That lower price is for everyone that joined the group buy. After the group buy is done and payments are taken, said payment is given to the manufacturer and the product is made. The manufacturing process often times takes months which is usually stated with a far ship out date on the product page. Not all group buys hit this date and sometimes delays happen.

If that so, how if the numbers is not achieved?

They usually set it relatively low so it can be achieved, but if it doesn't make it, they cancel it and rerun it in a few weeks.

Alternative to this keyboard, how about the GK64?

Hi guys..

I have Ducky One 2 Mini, it's been a really great device. But something that I missed from 60% size keyboard is they lacks dedicated arrows and some navigations keys like there's on TKL board, because I like to use those keys quite often, as it's such for quick action when I'm working without needing to press "Fn".

I need a 60% size but has keys like TKL.

The best one which suits my need is the GMK UNIQEY C70.

I can simply sell my Ducky because I dont want to have something funcional is being unused, and I dont need multiple keyboards.

I've been interested in GMK UNIQEY C70 for long time but I see it's being sold only in Massdrop and not always available.

Is Massdrop similar like any other online marketplace or there is something we must concern?

I never buy something from there.

Also how long is usually stuff like this keyboard being unavailable till they're available again in Massdrop?

Is there anyone here using the GMK UNIQEY C70?

If so, share me how it goes?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Massdrop is a community kinda thing. The company will collaborate with a brand like Sennheiser to bring consumers on Massdrop a product from the company that they're working with at a cheaper price.

Usually they'll collaborate an item thats very popular/successful in the past so people are able to pick it up again, just cheaper and it may look a tiny bit different. People can request that something (like a pair of Massdrop x Sennheiser headphones) is sold again it may be brought back to the market.

It really depends on how popular the item is if you want it to come back. Usually if it's very very popular it'll go pretty quickly, then it come back eventually due to all the demand from users on Massdrop. Mechanical keyboards is easily one of the most popular sub communities on Massdrop so I feel like the keeb will come back sometime soon, but it depends. Do the auto notify feature/request the drop on the keeb you're wanting.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

It says they're working on making a comeback, but also doesn't seem like owners are too happy with theirs.

10 hours ago, fantasia. said:

Do the auto notify feature/request the drop on the keeb you're wanting.

I did request, and the demand on the GMK UNIQEY C70 is nearly 2.5k requests. So it's pretty high, I guess..

10 hours ago, King Poet said:

It says they're working on making a comeback, but also doesn't seem like owners are too happy with theirs.

What's the thing that makes them not too happy with it?

Please share me some credible review links or discussions..

Or maybe you use one? So share me the experience on it.

Thanks..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Massdrop and the creators will only sell it again if the demand is high enough. Also, you do know that that keyboard is $299, right?

5 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Massdrop and the creators will only sell it again if the demand is high enough. Also, you do know that that keyboard is $299, right?

I'm aware the price early enough since my first interest on it.. So I guess I'm ready for it.. Maybe because it's a rare one..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

8 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I did requested, and the demand on the GMK UNIQEY C70 is nearly 2.5k requests. So it's pretty high, I guess..

Yeah, the high demand will probably bring in a new version soon. Maybe it'll be revised (king poet was talking about how some owners weren't happy) and better if you're able to pick one up.

I'm seeing the layout and it's definitely different from all the other keebs I've seen. I wonder if theres even custom PCBs for this layout.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

7 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I did requested, and the demand on the GMK UNIQEY C70 is nearly 2.5k requests. So it's pretty high, I guess..

What's the thing that makes them not too happy with it?

Please share me some credible review links or discussions..

Or maybe you use one? So share me the experience on it.

Thanks..

Did you not look at the "Discussion" section of Massdrop for that keyboard? It's all there from people who actually bought and use the thing.

23 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

23 minutes ago, King Poet said:

Did you not look at the "Discussion" section of Massdrop for that keyboard? It's all there from people who actually bought and use the thing.

Dang.. How can I missed it.. Thanks

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

@fantasia. @King Poet @Dissitesuxba11s I read some bad software problems in the discussion section, that's too bad..

I need this kind of keyboard layout. My interest is not based on "I want it" but because I need it since the first sight when I stumbled upon it while I was googling for mini kayboard back then..

But seeing what they're talking about, it's really concern me. Mostly is the software.

But hopefully they fix it up before next release.

It's a bummer to know this..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

@fantasia. @King Poet @Dissitesuxba11s I read some bad software problems in the discussion section, that's too bad..

I need this kind of keyboard layout. My interest is not based on "I want it" but because I need it since the first sight when I stumbled upon it while I was googling for mini kayboard back then..

But seeing what they're talking about, it's really concern me. Mostly is the software.

But hopefully they fix it up before next release.

It's a bummer to know this..

Yep, bad software is always the death of good hardware. It's a shame.
Have you looked at any Vortex Keyboards?

44 minutes ago, King Poet said:

Yep, bad software is always the death of good hardware. It's a shame.
Have you looked at any Vortex Keyboards?

On the Vortex side I might consider the Vortex Cypher as the alternative of the UNIQEY C70.

I need something that has 65-70 keys without having imbalance gaps between keys to get the most compact 60+ size functionalities.

But that C70 as I said above is the perfect fit for my need in term of form factor, regardless the software issue.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

2 hours ago, fantasia. said:

Yeah, the high demand will probably bring in a new version soon. Maybe it'll be revised (king poet was talking about how some owners weren't happy) and better if you're able to pick one up.

I'm seeing the layout and it's definitely different from all the other keebs I've seen. I wonder if theres even custom PCBs for this layout.

How does Massdrop transaction system work? From what I catched is, they will wait till the number of the buyers match the number of the hardware stock then proceed to the shipment? CMIIW

After the drop ends, payment will be collected and the group’s order will be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final.

Please help me to undertand this clearly..

I agree, the layout is different and it's perfect for me. I really want to have it..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

6 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I honestly don't know how the massdrop payment system works, sorry to say it. King Poet would know but I'm not sure if he'll respond. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

If it is a group buy like for this keyboard, they will have it open for a month or so (manufacturer decides) and you join any time in that period, but will only be charged at the end. Sometimes, like for keycaps, they have minimum order quantities (MOQ) that they set that once it is achieved, often times they lower the price (not all group buys lower the price). That lower price is for everyone that joined the group buy. After the group buy is done and payments are taken, said payment is given to the manufacturer and the product is made. The manufacturing process often times takes months which is usually stated with a far ship out date on the product page. Not all group buys hit this date and sometimes delays happen.

They usually set it relatively low so it can be achieved, but if it doesn't make it, they cancel it and rerun it in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Thanks for your time explaining that very clear to me. Really appreciate..

I considered the Vortex Cypher, Tada 68, Ajazz, Keywalker 68 or any other keayboard which has similar layout to them as the alternatives, but the C70 is still the main target as it has that 10 additional keys on the right side for better reasons.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

28 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Thanks for your time explaining that very clear to me. Really appreciate..

I considered the Vortex Cypher, Tada 68, Ajazz, Keywalker 68 or any other keayboard which has similar layout to them as the alternatives, but the C70 is still the main target as it has that 10 additional keys on the right side for better reasons.

Yea, that extra 2 column of keys are very unique and an exact alternative probably doesn't exist.

An option that you can consider is watch reddit.com/r/mechmarket (sub-reddit for buying/selling mech keyboards) and see if you can get a used C70. Also, watch the Uniqey website in off chance that they decide to sell it directly there.

17 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Yea, that extra 2 column of keys are very unique and an exact alternative probably doesn't exist.

An option that you can consider is watch reddit.com/r/mechmarket (sub-reddit for buying/selling mech keyboards) and see if you can get a used C70. Also, watch the Uniqey website in off chance that they decide to sell it directly there.

The problem by getting a used C70, the chance to get the earlier batch which many people experienced the software problems is high, considering I'm new to this kind of enthusiast type of keyboard with 0 experience in customizing it by myself (even I keep educate myself of how to do it), I feel I will get the hassle by the software issue if I get one from that same batch as the one those people experienced with.

I'm hoping the next availability will bring revised C70s with better software and everything since its price tag is unusual for a prebuilt mini mechanical keyboard.

I'm seriously interested to GMK UNIQEY C70 but the purchasing system on Massdrop is also concerns me, it's not that practical and also it must be taking so long in the whole process of purchasing it till it arrived to my hand.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

13 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

The problem by getting a used C70, the chance to get the earlier batch which many people experienced the software problems is high, considering I'm new to this kind of enthusiast type of keyboard with 0 experience in customizing it by myself (even I keep educate myself of how to do it), I feel I will get the hassle by the software issue if I get one from that same batch as the one those people experienced with.

That's a good point, I didn't think about that.

13 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I'm seriously interested to GMK UNIQEY C70 but the purchasing system on Massdrop is also concerns me, it's not that practical and also it must be taking so long in the whole process of purchasing it till it arrived to my hand.

It is a hassle, especially the long lead time. I joined a group buy for a keyboard last October and the estimated shipping date is the end of this month. I haven't looked into any updates, and I'm crossing my fingers that there are no delays.

24 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I joined a group buy for a keyboard last October and the estimated shipping date is the end of this month. I haven't looked into any updates, and I'm crossing my fingers that there are no delays.

Wut?!

Since last October and you're still waiting for it right now?

But I guess when I actually get the C70 for real, it will be Legend.............................................................wait for it (because of the shipping is taking like forever)................................................................dary!!!

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

Wut?!

Since last October and you're still waiting for it right now?

That's just the nature of almost all group buys in the world of keyboards. After the group buy ends, they send the money to the manufacturer and then they make it. Sometimes it still in the testing phase were they provide samples to the vendor to make sure that the product is of acceptable quality.

10 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

But I guess when I actually get the C70 for real, it will be Lengend.............................................................wait for it (because of the shipping is taking like forever)................................................................dary!!!

Image result for barry himym meme

5 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

That's just the nature of almost all group buys in the world of keyboards. After the group buy ends, they send the money to the manufacturer and then they make it. Sometimes it still in the testing phase were they provide samples to the vendor to make sure that the product is of acceptable quality.

That looks consuming the emotions..

4 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Image result for barry himym meme

Give me the highest five!

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

@Dissitesuxba11s what keyboard are you actually waiting of that group buy?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

6 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

@Dissitesuxba11s what keyboard are you actually waiting of that group buy?

OLKB Planck. It's a hotswap otholinear keyboard. You can buy it on OLKB's website directly but it is often sold out so I jumped on this group buy. They currently have their Preonic keyboard on group buy through Massdrop right now.